The Phoenix Federation Response to war.

mhawk

I do have some curious thoughts on what has happened over the last three days though. It seems that various parties have declared upon TPF, some, like Athens, with at least a presentable, even if some debate it, casus belli but others without and yet I see no treated partners of TPF weighing in militarily. For the sake of common decency I hope that is an error and some grand scheme is afoot, otherwise I dare say the credibility of those much lauded allies will actually be equivalent to the recent spectacle to which Doitzel pinned them.

I would think sir, that the fact TPF has not had any objections to the actions of their allies to be an accurate indicator of the status of affairs.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think sir, that the fact TPF has not had any objections to the actions of their allies to be an accurate indicator of the status of affairs.

You may be correct, although the OP did ask for military assistance and I know everyone likes to plan ahead and whatnot but three days to let your allies sit and suffer under fire without any relief seems a bit much. Hopefully, my skepticism is misplaced.

You may be correct, although the OP did ask for military assistance and I know everyone likes to plan ahead and whatnot but three days to let your allies sit and suffer under fire without any relief seems a bit much. Hopefully, my skepticism is misplaced.

I understand your point of view. Nevertheless, the position taken has been in consensus with all parties concerned. I assure you, no one is betraying TPF here.

I understand your point of view. Nevertheless, the position taken has been in consensus with all parties concerned. I assure you, no one is betraying TPF here.

I think we should all attack TPF's allies for the injustice's they are laying upon them, smite them down for the heathens they are...

o.O

i am newbie, and i was extremely confused, what is the difference between Athens and NPO(before Karma war)?

so Athens is the new hegemony?

so lets assembled another karma, and destroy Athens :P

You are still confused, I recommend doing more research on CN history.

i think i've read it over and over again.

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Karma_war << here

have you read that?

did you see what Athens do to TPF is the same way what NPO do to OV?

we either read different pages or one of us lacks reading comprehension.

The NPO attacked OV because they allegedly accepted information from a Spy while refusing to disclose the spy they used to get that information in the first place.

Athens attacked TPF because TPF launched a guerilla plot to sabotage Athens.

Now how are those situations in any way similar?

I don't really have that much to add to this conversation. However, after reading the logs in the OP I couldn't help but note that I think it's interesting that other nations on Planet Bob apparently still allow children to be nation rulers. We in Apriland gave up that practice a long time ago. :P

A good example of how I interpret this situation:

During war:

Karma collation: You surrender and pay reps and we will allow you to live.

TFP: Sure

----------------------------------------------

A few months later:

Athens and other alliances: OMFG! YOU TRIED TO HURT US DURING KARMA WAR! TIEM TO STEAMROLL YOU!"

TFP: ...

Athens, Ragnarok, and other alliances declare war on TFP

Edited by HHAYD

A good example of how I interpret this situation:

During war:

Karma collation: You surrender and pay reps and we will allow you to live.

TFP: Sure

----------------------------------------------

A few months later:

Athens and other alliances: OMFG! YOU TRIED TO HURT US DURING KARMA WAR! TIEM TO STEAMROLL YOU!"

TFP: ...

Athens, Ragnarok, and other alliances declare war on TFP

honestly i agree but i really dont care because i want some war :/

o.O

i am newbie, and i was extremely confused, what is the difference between Athens and NPO(before Karma war)?

so Athens is the new hegemony?

so lets assembled another karma, and destroy Athens :P

Athens perhaps fancies itself to be the leading member of a new world order, one that will impose its will upon others as it sees fit. While in that respect Athens is similar to pre-Karma War NPO, there are many, many other differences. For example, Moo has far better hair than Londo. However, I suggest as others have that you give a read of the historical records and make up your own mind what those other differences might be.

I thought the alliances that made up Karma were assigned targets based on when various parts of the "hegemony" were expected to join in and based on how well their nation make-up matched with the prospective targets.

At least was how it was presented to me at the time when I decided not to include NSO in the lottery.

You are 100% correct

If that was the case then why does it even matter if Athens and TPF were technically at war? They were on opposing sides and both part of the competing coalitions that existed during the conflict.

Because the perpetrators of this war want to use semantic arguments to justify the war and then shout down everyone else who counters there points with other semantic arguments, because what is good for them is not good for others.

Regardless, how has that same argument carried on for 85 pages now? Even if definitive proof of one point of view over the other existed how would that change the current situation? Athens et al believe a crime towards their community was committed and for whatever reason do not believe the peace terms of the Karma War satisfied the offense. So be it. They are now fighting it out.

Because some people, myself included, are disgusted at Athens for this especially when you consider how loudly they opposed and persecuted the NPO for wars that held at worst equal merit.

Hypocrisy is something that should always be pointed out.

They do not need the stats to have the same attitude and demeanor, they have plenty of allies to back them up it seems.

Starting a war over someone trying to destroy their alliance form the inside. Yeah that's probably something NPO would have done too. Guess you got me :(

athens.jpg

Just to make sure. This is the new NPO? This is the alliance you're talking about right?

No. All of the comparisons have been between Athenian leaders and noWedge.

In case you don't remember, Valhalla wasn't the biggest alliance in the Continuum when Wedgie signed the Mobius Accords.

Best comparison by far Halflinger. In fact apart from names and the bodyguard I see no difference in the two - and I spent almost all my time (until this November in fact) in Valhalla. Although we managed to make up with a few of our enemies (namely TheLegion and BAPS) - it is yet to be seen if Athens can be big enough to do such things.

Starting a war over someone trying to destroy their alliance form the inside. Yeah that's probably something NPO would have done too. Guess you got me :(

NPO has been faced with "spying in war" situations in the past, and no war has been declared.

Regardless, how has that same argument carried on for 85 pages now? Even if definitive proof of one point of view over the other existed how would that change the current situation? Athens et al believe a crime towards their community was committed and for whatever reason do not believe the peace terms of the Karma War satisfied the offense. So be it. They are now fighting it out.

EXACTLY