2009 CN Award Nominations

Jyrinx

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I nominate Aqua Defense Initiative for Best Rookie Alliance.

They have grown to within 50K or so of 1 Million NS in less than 3 months and have signed several treaties with numerous alliances. If you look at the numbers I am pretty sure that you can see they are clearly incredible in this category.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the time frame of growing to near 1 mil NS

Several treaties with numerous alliances? :blink:

Tetris tetrisrealwar.gif

For best war flag.

Also tetris for friendliest alliance. I think the war flag says it all.

Yeah, we were gonna wait to release this until we actually went to war, but hey, it's CN awards time :P

Our general membership hasn't even seen it yet :o

I didn't make any lists, I fail at CN. :(

Nah.

To fail at CN you'd have to claim you were waging war against someone by ghosting them in peace mode, or bail on an alliance that just bailed you out of tens of millions in reps for waging war a for over a week after you were told to peace out, after they get mad at you for not paying a cent of your own goddamn reps, then turn around and deny that you were sent any messages and go into peace mode.

Personally, I'm relishing the fact I'm not on any lists :P Means I can still fly under the radar somewhat.

Nah.

To fail at CN you'd have to claim you were waging war against someone by ghosting them in peace mode, or bail on an alliance that just bailed you out of tens of millions in reps for waging war a for over a week after you were told to peace out, after they get mad at you for not paying a cent of your own goddamn reps, then turn around and deny that you were sent any messages and go into peace mode.

Personally, I'm relishing the fact I'm not on any lists :P Means I can still fly under the radar somewhat.

Believe me there are plenty of people who fail at CN in government. What you spoke of is more just asshattery then anything.

I too relish the fact that I can fly under the radar :P

Believe me there are plenty of people who fail at CN in government.

Oh I know. I don't personally consider Methrage one of those tbh.

Still, one can fail at gov and do other useful things well, thus saving you from complete CN failure.

Friendliest Alliance

Viridian Entente

Most Hostile Alliance

New Pacific Order

Best Military

Independent Republic of Orange Nations

Best Propaganda Staff

Vox Populi

Best Alliance Growth (Jan 1st - Present)

New Polar Order

Most Honorable Alliance

Viridian Entente

Most Active Alliance

Mushroom Kingdom

Best Flag

Democratic Republic of Argonaut

Best War Flag

Poison Clan

Best Forums

Viridian Entente

Most entertaining IRC Channel

#Vallhala

Most Powerful Alliance

Viridian Entente

Alliance of the Year

Viridian Entente

Alliance most likely to succeed in 2010

New Polar Order

Best Alliance Leader

Cornelius

Player most likely to achieve greatness in 2010

Impero

Best CN Meme

CORNBALL CORNBALL YELLOW FLOWBALL

Funniest Event

Mass cancellation on NPO/ Entrance of Continuum Alliances during the Karma War

Biggest Controversy

Mass cancellation on NPO/ Entrance of Continuum Alliances during the Karma War

Random things:

* Updated as of this post. I declined a few self nominations of treaties, but if the community as a whole thinks we should allow that then just say so here. Or get someone else to post your treaty :P

* That said, I may have accidentally let a few self nominations in. If I have, point them out to me and I’ll correct it. I’m only human after all.

* If your post had more than one self-nomination, I may have just ignored your entire post (intentionally) regardless of whether there was a valid nomination.

* If you nominate someone already in the OP for a category they’re already listed for, I’m not going to like you.

* I’m not allowing Citadel as a submission for best forums since that’s under alliance categories for a reason.

* Isn’t “You know as well as I do that all alliances accept information.” From 2008? Or is that actually from this year?

* I really wasn’t planning on adding categories to keep it consistent with last year. Do you guys really want more categories? If there’s a community consensus then I can do it.

* Cheyenne: I changed the rules on I believe the second page after quickly realizing the error of my ways. So yeah, no self-nominations. I grandfathered in the first few before that.

* Jaymjaym: No

* Since this is a community effort, anyone want to make the actual awards? I’m pretty bad with graphics :P

* Flying Squirrel and Skippy: Is “Moderation feature on April Fools” really a “Game addition/change” though?

* Due to the sheer number of nominations in some categories, I’m thinking of making the top 5 move on to the final voting instead of top 3 if a category has more than 12 nominations. Comments/criticisms on that?

* For things relating to pictures (best flag, avatar, sig), should I include the actual picture in the voting thread? I’m inclined to not do that since the voting is supposed to have an aspect of popularity involved and if people don’t know the picture, then that should be a strike against the nomination winning. But again, if the community has a consensus on that I’ll defer to that consensus.

* For rule #5 (no joke threads), I’m being pretty damn lenient because it’s hard to tell to be honest. If people really think something is an utter farce, let me know and I’ll consider taking it down, but it needs to be pretty clear.

If anyone sees a mistake, let me know.

* For things relating to pictures (best flag, avatar, sig), should I include the actual picture in the voting thread? I’m inclined to not do that since the voting is supposed to have an aspect of popularity involved and if people don’t know the picture, then that should be a strike against the nomination winning. But again, if the community has a consensus on that I’ll defer to that consensus.

I don't think it would be a bad idea really. A large majority of the community may not be familiar with the images for the various categories, and may be voting on "alliance favoritism", rather than what actually looks best. If you need the images supplied without finding them, we can help you out.

* Since this is a community effort, anyone want to make the actual awards? I’m pretty bad with graphics :P

As I made the 2008 medals isn't fair that I would make it again, others artists need a opportunity(and I'm lazy you know), I suggest you Airikr, he is very good doing medals(look his sig) among other graphics things.

;)

Alliance Categories

Friendliest Alliance

Bel Air

Most Hostile Alliance

Viridian Entente :v:

Best Diplomatic Team

Bel Air :nuke:

Best Economic System

Aircastle :wub:

Best Military

Poison Clan :nuke:

Best Recruiting Staff

Bel Air

Best Propaganda Staff

Sparta

Scariest Alliance

The Order of the Paradox

Best Alliance Growth (Jan 1st - Present)

Bel Air

Best Rookie Alliance (under 4 months old)

Bel Air

Most Honorable Alliance

The Grämlins

Most Active Alliance

Bel Air

Best Flag

Bel Air

Best War Flag

Bel Air

Best Forums

Bel Air

Most entertaining IRC Channel

#belair

Most Powerful Alliance

Alliance of the Year

Bel Air

Alliance most likely to succeed in 2010

Bel Air

Player Categories

Most Powerful Player

King Xander the Only :wub:

Best Alliance Leader

King Xander the Only

Most controversial Player

King Xander the Only

Funniest Player

King Xander the Only

Most Active Player

King Xander the Only

Player of the Year

King Xander the Only

Player most likely to achieve greatness in 2010

King Xander the Only

Political, Forum, and Game Categories

Most Powerful Alliance Bloc

NOIR, clearly

Best OWF Topic

Zhadum reveals NPO information: organized logs

Best Water Cooler Topic

No such thing as a good water cooler thread

Best Declaration of War

Poison clan on TPF

Best Treaty Announcement

NOIR

Best Game addition/change

Increase of inactivity limit to 25 days

Best Wall of Text

The one where that GGA guy claims there's no need for GGA to have WRCs.

Best player Avatar

King Xander the Only

Best player Sig

They are all terrible

Best Player Quote (IRC or Forum)

treygreen13: Citizens of Niger, please.

Best CN Meme

“___ is immoral, put this in your sig if you're down”

Funniest Event

Poison Clan simultaneously canceling their NAP with TPF and declaring war on them.

Best OWF/AP Forum Poster

King Xander the Only

Best OOC Forum Area Poster

King Xander the Only

Biggest Controversy

NPO's reps & surrender terms