2009 CN Award Nominations

Jyrinx

The one major problem I see here is the rather foolish choices. Top 40 alliances should have been votable for all alliance categories except the obvious ones like best new alliance. When you have a "Most Powerful Alliance" vote and are lacking half the sanctioned alliances there is a bit of a flaw. That being said, it will be interesting to see how this plays out, I'll have to do a run through later

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one major problem I see here is the rather foolish choices. Top 40 alliances should have been votable for all alliance categories except the obvious ones like best new alliance. When you have a "Most Powerful Alliance" vote and are lacking half the sanctioned alliances there is a bit of a flaw. That being said, it will be interesting to see how this plays out, I'll have to do a run through later

Power is about more than strength. It's about strength, political capital, military efficiency and influence. Gre isn't in the top 20 alliances, but there is little doubt that they are more powerful than half of the top ten.

Not really, you could have alliances with large NS but no actual ability to project themselves. Power isn't just about raw NS, it's also political in nature and takes into account your connections and ability to manipulate the world. WTF I would argue has far less power than Nueva Vida. That's just me though.

Updated. Next person to nominate Mary for nicest player gets shot :P

Not really, you could have alliances with large NS but no actual ability to project themselves. Power isn't just about raw NS, it's also political in nature and takes into account your connections and ability to manipulate the world. WTF I would argue has far less power than Nueva Vida. That's just me though.

Updated. Next person to nominate Mary for nicest player gets shot :P

Nicest Player: Mary the Fantabulous

:awesome:

Jyrinx, just a heads up.. The New Empire was nominated twice in the Rookie alliance section!

Also, for future reference.. Idk if it would help at all, but placing nominations in alphabetical order would seem to work out better.. Easier to track! :)

Fixed, heh.

And I'll alphabetize them when it comes to actual voting.

Sorry if it's already been asked, but how are you going to go about implementing some of the polls when the # nominated exceeds the poll limits?

I was unaware there was a poll limit <.<. That would've been nice to know, heh. So yeah, for those that don't know apparently there is a limit of 25 options per poll question. The following categories are affected as of now:

Friendliest Alliance (38)

Most Honorable Alliance (26)

Most Entertaining IRC Channel (26)

Alliance most likely to succeed in 2010 (28)

Best Alliance Leader (26)

Funniest Player (27)

Player most likely to achieve greatness in 2010 (27)

I'll think about it for the next few minutes and tell you what I come up with.

Alright, some suggestions:

1) I personally go through and remove the choices over 25. I don't like this suggestion, but I guess I could make it the first 25 nominated stay.

2) I implement a different round system (ugh). So, something like this (obviously numbers can be tweaked and are kind of arbitrary)

First Round of Voting

Categories with less than 7 nominations have the top 3 move onto the final round of voting.

Categories with between 7 and 25 (inclusive) nominations have the top 4 move on to the final round of voting.

Categories with with greater than 25 nominations do the following:

* Category is split into two equal halves, alphabetically. These two halves are treated as separate categories for voting purposes.

* The top 3 from each of these divided categories moves on to the final round. The choices are fused together in the final round, which would give 6 choices in the final round for the category

Final Voting

Just have a normal poll with the choices.

3) For categories over 25 nominations, I use some other website for the prelim voting. This would just be to select who moves on to the final round; the final round would be done on these forums.

4) Use an off site area for all voting.

I'm leaning towards option 2. Of course it wouldn't be perfect, but I think it would be the best.