A Joint Announcement from the Orange Defense Network and Athens

Style #386

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's times like this I really hate you left IRON.

I'll admit to having no idea what you're getting at here.

You previously condemned ODN for pursuing a foreign policy that forces them to choose between allies in need, yet also criticise their new pursuit of a foreign policy with a clear direction that avoids the aforementioned issue. Looks like someone has a petty, irrational grudge!

Hardly. I take issue with the idea that somehow ODN is any different than before, and with all of your friends just brushing aside any ill-will towards them as being nothing more than ancient grudges. They're still the same second-rate alliance hiding behind the skirts of better alliances. At least half their government is the same as those previous governments that they all shift any responsibility towards, so why would we expect anything different?

ODN can do whatever they want, and all the "loloptional" crap is genuinely stupid and was never funny, even when all your friends were sayingit, but let's not prematurely call ODN a fully independent alliance just yet.

It's funny how the dogs and vultures don't realize this has been in the works and on the back-burner for, how long now?

Congrats guys. :)

Could very well be true but you know we arent privy to all the back channel stuff so we go with what we see and know

You must be kidding :)

Did I just see a purple alliance chirp? Oh Boy... what has CN come to

Chirp Chirp Chirp

CN must be ending

Shockingly enough I'm surprised that MK is one of the few alliances that are willing to accept that some alliances may change over time and be willing to give them another chance.

I suppose a few people can't pass up a simple one liner against ODN in an attempt to seem partially intelligent.

Congratulations ODN and Athens

Hmm guess there is hope for some of the rest of us to be elavated in the great MKs eyes.

ODN congrats i dont think you all should be shocked about the whole timing thing as the timing is somewhat suspect. This treaty however seems to fit in with FA direction you have been going so congrats for another success in what seems to be your plan.

It also would have had a much better impact for both of you had this announcement been put off a week or at least until the dust settled on the whole KoN mess. As is, it can be interpreted as an ODN endorsement of Athens' actions, which is I'm fairly certain not what you wanted. Athens had more than enough back up in the current crisis to prevent them from being attacked, with or without this treaty.

It should be noted that the treaty was already in effect when that whole thing started, it was already past the planning stage.

So while it may have been a better diplomatic move to wait a bit with the announcement, I think that keeping an active treaty secret is not a good move.

It should be noted that the treaty was already in effect when that whole thing started, it was already past the planning stage.

So while it may have been a better diplomatic move to wait a bit with the announcement, I think that keeping an active treaty secret is not a good move.

Tell that to KoN :lol1:

I'm sure the timing is a coincidence on this one. Really, I'm being serious.

Congrats to ODN. Good to see you guys have a solid FA direction, and aren't just aimlessly wandering.

Congrats to Athens. I'll be patiently waiting to see what you guys do with this new found friendship.

Cata mate, you're a good guy but don't be blind. It's an entirely optional treaty mandating nothing at all. I can't think of a more suitable thread for OpDN jokes than one in which you sign a totally optional treaty :P

Yeah i suppose your right, my bad :D

You're missing the point. I have no doubt that this treaty took a while to put together. It's also an intriguing move in that it pulls ODN closer to C&G at least in a small way. It may even lead to a MDoAP over time. It also would have had a much better impact for both of you had this announcement been put off a week or at least until the dust settled on the whole KoN mess. As is, it can be interpreted as an ODN endorsement of Athens' actions, which is I'm fairly certain not what you wanted. Athens had more than enough back up in the current crisis to prevent them from being attacked, with or without this treaty.

Perhaps the timing could have been better managed but we signed up with Athens with good reason, and the fact that Athens made a mistake and recognized that validates our decision to go ahead with this announcement regardless. This announcement was not intended to show that we would back Athen's in not only the KoN mess specifically but our intention to back and honour the pact with Athen's both now and in the future regardless.

The point was not to make an impact per se but to continue on a course we have forged independently and with little regard for the concerns and whims of those many critics who would love to see us burn.

Recent events aside, I'm not entirely happy with this treaty. I had high hopes ODN would be a major independent player in the world. Recently they seem to be a pro-C&G(not to say C&G is bad, but it is certainly a side) player.

heh how where we going to be a major player old friend? let no one forget the tarnished rep we have laboured under for many months, we have been both pragmatic and progressive in how we have driven ODN forward since the nadir of the Polaris cancellation and have sought to form a coherent and strategic FA policy unlike those pursued by our many former leaders, who I might add sometime seemed to possess little Strategical sense or reason leading ODN to many a disastrous decision.

Let no one think we have come to this point by accident, many of us could have had an easier time leaving ODN for ''greener'' pastures (hell i know i could have had an easier time) but we remained dedicated to the community we serve, we believe in our course and have supported and worked accordingly.

Edited by Cataduanes

I don't understand why this is a big deal. Anyone that has paid even a bit of attention to the political arena would know that ODN has moved themselves into the CnG sphere a long time ago. This treaty, even in light of recent events, shouldn't be surprising at all.

Congrats ODN.

I have to disagree with several of my allies, comrades and friends here. I believe without a shadow of a doubt that ODN will honour their commitments next time round.

After the incredible amount of time and effort it took us to show the word we had changed after the NoCB war it irks me no end that some Polars haven't yet given ODN the same chance.

Until a few days ago I hadn't had any dealings with Athens but IMO they have demonstrated to me they are prepared to admit when they make mistakes and try to improve themselves.

o/ ODN

o/ Athens

I have to disagree with several of my allies, comrades and friends here. I believe without a shadow of a doubt that ODN will honour their commitments next time round.

After the incredible amount of time and effort it took us to show the word we had changed after the NoCB war it irks me no end that some Polars haven't yet given ODN the same chance.

Until a few days ago I hadn't had any dealings with Athens but IMO they have demonstrated to me they are prepared to admit when they make mistakes and try to improve themselves.

o/ ODN

o/ Athens

Thank you for the kind words, Dajobo.

o/ ODN

o/ Athens

I'd say situations aren't similar. Polar went through Hell and had the opportunity to prove they changed. The only Hell ODN went through were the "Optional Defense Network" jokes and, so far, it has only shown signs - not solid evidence - that something changed.

Even in regards to changing, we're looking at two completelly diferent types of behaviour.

However, I agree with you, ODN will stand up next conflict, not just because they want to show they have changed, but also because I doubt they can afford acting like they did yet again. Alliance's political credit is limited, and ODN knows it better than most, I am sure. Not saying that ODN's wish to improve themselves is not genuine though.

Optional all around ... What more to expect .. Can't say I'm surprised.

What will surprise me is if they actually take up that optional rather than hiding behind OUT.

Wait, what?!??!?! Hiding behind OUT? Dear Jesus. When people said that the loloptional joke was getting old, they meant to find something new and witty, not something pulled straight out of your $@!. Hell, even Heft has the decency to say that we are humping CnG's leg. He wouldn't come up with something like this. Please, remove yourself from this announcement before you make an $@! out of your... too late.

What will surprise me is if they actually take up that optional rather than hiding behind OUT.

The bolded is worthy of a suicide.gif. Congrats.

I'd ask you to back your words with evidence, but it'd be an exercise in futility.

Wait, what?!??!?! Hiding behind OUT? Dear Jesus. When people said that the loloptional joke was getting old, they meant to find something new and witty, not something pulled straight out of your $@!. Hell, even Heft has the decency to say that we are humping CnG's leg. He wouldn't come up with something like this. Please, remove yourself from this announcement before you make an $@! out of your... too late.

The imagery you just placed in my mind...please never do it again. >.<

What....?

You do realise that OUT is just a ODP/NAP. How can you possibly 'hide behind' it? Are you informed of the ODN's FA in any way, or are you just plucking nick names and treaties out of the air?

What....?

You do realise that OUT is just a ODP/NAP. How can you possibly 'hide behind' it? Are you informed of the ODN's FA in any way, or are you just plucking nick names and treaties out of the air?

I wouldn't expect a response.