Dooku Lost His Head and All He Got Was Eight More

So what FCC is saying is that because of your leader having a public disagreement with the NSO, it warrants having a discussion on whether he is still capable of leading your alliance. However, then you back track and say nothing will be done. I have to say, if you think NSO really cares about this you're sorely mistaken, but the very fact you're so worried about the big bad NSO that you'd consider removing your leader to appease us speaks volumes about your alliance. Stay proud FCC.

Not hardly, if you don't mind for clarity I'll take your response a sentence at a time.

So what FCC is saying is that because of your leader having a public disagreement with the NSO, it warrants having a discussion on whether he is still capable of leading your alliance.

It's not the public disagreement. It's the gross display of a lack of common sense, politeness, respect for others, and a desire to pick pointless disputes for no appreciable reason. Those qualities I'm sure most people would agree are not qualities you normally desire in a leader. The fact that the NSO was on the other end of this, hopefully temporary, lack of judgement has Absolutely nothing to do with anything else.

However, then you back track and say nothing will be done.

Rich333 is a wonderful person. But he never does anything by halves and jumped, in my opinion, perhaps a little too far. I don't know how things are done elsewhere, nor do I judge which is more effective. But the King of the FCC is elected/removed in a democratic fashion. So it is flat out IMPOSSIBLE to ever say that anything will 100% be done. What I said was that the subject would be discussed and addressed. What that means is precisely that. The subject WILL be discussed and appropriate action taken. What that action is depends ENTIRELY on the outcome of that discussion.

I have to say, if you think NSO really cares about this you're sorely mistaken, but the very fact you're so worried about the big bad NSO that you'd consider removing your leader to appease us speaks volumes about your alliance.

As I mentioned in my response to your first sentence... The issue at hand here is the decorum and actions of the King of the FCC. If he'd been saying the same things in the same manor to an alliance called Bumbling Idiots United(Consisting of 5 newbies and their pet cat) it would still be an issue. Any response that occurs, after of course the previously mentioned discussions, will have nothing whatsoever to do with the desires of any alliance aside from the FCC. The FCC is not afraid of the NSO. The FCC is not afraid of anyone at all. We have no reason to be. We are, and shall remain, who we choose to be. And neither intimidation nor threats, no matter how concealed or blatant, will have any more effect upon us then water off a ducks back.

Stay proud FCC.

Don't worry... We certainly shall.

Infrastructure is nothing. Friends and Honor is everything. Which is precisely why Methrage's behavior in this thread is disappointing.

I hope that helps, although I'm left with a feeling I really should have used smaller simpler words.

Edit:

The NSO is understanding of the FCC's position in regards to the membership having some difficulty with what the leader is saying.

We have no wish to dictate the structure of the FCC. Any comments from NSO members in regards to their leadership situation are in response to comments made by FCC membership and not independently derived statements.

That being said, we in the NSO acknowledge the responsibility of an alliance's leadership to speak on behalf of their alliance and the responsibility of an alliances membership to accept the consequences, should any occur (not speaking directly of this situation), of their leaders actions. Everyone chooses to be in an alliance and therefore accepts responsibility of the actions of same.

No one in NSO needs to comment further on the internal structure of FCC, just as we would not wish to have others speak on our own internal affairs.

Well said. And I'm sure that your understanding is appreciated.

TL:DR The FCC shall do whatever it feels is warranted.

Edited by Neuromancer7

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NSO is understanding of the FCC's position in regards to the membership having some difficulty with what the leader is saying.

We have no wish to dictate the structure of the FCC. Any comments from NSO members in regards to their leadership situation are in response to comments made by FCC membership and not independently derived statements.

That being said, we in the NSO acknowledge the responsibility of an alliance's leadership to speak on behalf of their alliance and the responsibility of an alliances membership to accept the consequences, should any occur (not speaking directly of this situation), of their leaders actions. Everyone chooses to be in an alliance and therefore accepts responsibility of the actions of same.

No one in NSO needs to comment further on the internal structure of FCC, just as we would not wish to have others speak on our own internal affairs.

The issue has been discussed with some members who expressed some concern and while I admit some of my comments would of been best left unsaid, there will be no internal changes in the FCC over this. While NSO comments trying to dictate the structure of the FCC would have no effect anyways, I do appreciate your statement of clarity putting an end to them.

While FCC members are free to speak their minds, I would appreciate it if FCC members refrained from any further posting in this thread.

Edited by Methrage

I heard he was the leader of FCC. Is this true?

The FCC is run by senior membership. The "King" is appointed by the senior membership to handle day-to-day ceremonial/clerical tasks, so we don't have to call up a vote on things which don't really need one. Any decision of any real significance is decided democratically by the senior membership, not the King.

the very fact you're so worried about the big bad NSO that you'd consider removing your leader to appease us speaks volumes about your alliance

Methrage could've done the same to a 5-member alliance with a combined NS of 100 and I would've still apologized for his behavior, because it was inappropriate, particularly from someone holding an official position in my alliance. It also wasn't the only inappropriate behavior on his part in recent days. Now as for our leader, as in the one who actually runs things, that would be whoever effectively controls the way the Masters vote on any given matter. That is not our King. Our actual leader has never needed an official position to run things.

He's been growing increasingly unstable and paranoid in recent days, I suspect due to drugs, though unfortunately none of us thought it would get this bad this quickly.

Is this a really bad joke or are you serious?

And if you're serious, what were you thinking?

Now as for our leader, as in the one who actually runs things, that would be whoever effectively controls the way the Masters vote on any given matter. That is not our King. Our actual leader has never needed an official position to run things.

K, between this and the drug thing, whatever joke you thought you had going just got ruined.

I discovered there's an alliance called FCC in this thread.

Must be that Ex-MK blood in Methrage. ;)

(Seriously, this thread makes my head hurt, luckily Neuromancer already said all that i wanted to say, much better then i ever could.)

Edited by terveis

Methrage could've done the same to a 5-member alliance with a combined NS of 100 and I would've still apologized for his behavior, because it was inappropriate, particularly from someone holding an official position in my alliance. It also wasn't the only inappropriate behavior on his part in recent days. Now as for our leader, as in the one who actually runs things, that would be whoever effectively controls the way the Masters vote on any given matter. That is not our King. Our actual leader has never needed an official position to run things.

So far the way the alliance votes has effectively went the way I wanted since becoming King, so I'm not sure the point your trying to make. If you have a problem with my leadership bring it up within the FCC and we'll discuss it there, but maybe you should discuss it some with the rest of the membership before you project your own opinions as if they are the view of the entire alliance regarding issues like this. The others who had concern over my comments I've spoken to and they still support my leadership, if you want to challenge my leadership lets not make a display of it on OWF. ;)

At least he has respect.

Heh. That's a good one really.

I don't believe you had any actual hand in my personal defeat in the Great Patriotic War. That being said, since I took it as a personal defeat I circumvented the aims of the Coalition of Cowards, full of alliances that broke treaties and bandwagoned, and diverted any real damage to my alliance, as a good leader should. How many millions did you gain in that war from reparations? How much tech? How long was the NPO demilitarized? Gaining a supposed "victory" in name only while losing on all points and matters of contention has given people like you something to lay a claim of fame to for three years. You must be very proud of such a tremendous "victory". The whole world forced me, as an individual, to apologize and got absolutely nothing else in return except a jackboot to the throat a few months later.

Good job. You must be very proud.

I did have a hand. I fought in the war like many other nations. A war is not won by leaders but by the common member, and every nation who fought a war in that battle helped take you down. I've learned over the years to value every contribution no matter how small, maybe you too, should learn that, being the leader of a moderately large alliance. Besides, I was in charge of GGA's military, one of the largest alliances fighting the NPO. You won a moral victory in the war by not having to pay any reperations, but your alliance was utterly beaten on the battlefield, and you weren't able to "circumvent" any of that damage. From what you're saying, you're basically claiming you won the war and apologized because you have no ego. Really, I know it was in the past and most of us these days weren't here for it, but you can't rewrite history so ridiculously like you are attempting. The only reason I still mention it though, is because that was the only time we ever faced off on the battlefield.

Finally, I never did receive a Pacifican "jackboot" until way after GW3. I won GW2, then was soundly defeated by the forces of Nordreich and VE in GW3. You guys (Heh, I should say Moo. Afterall you were long gone by this time) merely held me down once your allies knocked me down, after I honored a MADP in what I knew would be a losing effort. So, really that comment was stupid.

I discovered there's an alliance called FCC in this thread.

As did I. I would guess the performance of its leader here is why we have not heard of them before. They wisely kept him out the public eye to avoid the embarrassment but, it seems he that tactic has now failed and we have this face palm of a performance. Not the best way to come into the public eye I would think.

Also congrats to NSO and Hydra as I think that is what this is suppose to be all about.

On behalf of the FCC, I'd like to apologize for Methrage's behavior here. The rest of the FCC membership is both shocked and appalled at his behavior, and I can assure you that he will be dealt with appropriately. He's been growing increasingly unstable and paranoid in recent days, I suspect due to drugs, though unfortunately none of us thought it would get this bad this quickly. I sincerely hope this hasn't spoiled any chance of cordial relations between the FCC and the NSO.

Wow. How could you so openly put your leader on blast like this over something so small? Where is your loyalty? People will argue from time to time, you can't run in with your hands flailing calling your leader a drug abuser, making him look extremely horrible every time an incident happens. You should show loyalty and back him, and apologize in private if you feel the need to, but certainly in a different fashion.

If you guys really are considering a new leader over this situation, I will name you the worst alliance in CN history. I give the NSO props. You've successfully scared the !@#$ out of the FCC, heh.

OOC: Sorry for the double post, I'm on my phone and can't edit a quote in.

I don't know why you guys have to make every conversation about NSO. You keep claiming they're insignificant but you can't help but bring them up all the time.

Are you implying hizzy that we (meaning the OWRP regulars who are not members of NSO) are creating the buzz that we claim to detest? I hope so. 'Cause if you are, you're right....

I don't know why you guys have to make every conversation about NSO. You keep claiming they're insignificant but you can't help but bring them up all the time.

I know you better than that, Hizzy. I can see your sarcasm :ph34r:

On a vaguely serious note, an alliance headed by Ivan is never going to be insignificant.

I... hope you're joking? Please be joking?

EDIT: nm, Bob saw it first.

Edited by Geoffron X

On a vaguely serious note, an alliance headed by Ivan is never going to be insignificant.

Also true. However, whether Hizzy was being serious or not, there was truth in his statement. Those complaining the most of NSO getting too much Page 1 AA time are contributing to the very problem they perceive with their own posts. Especially this one...

lol, worthless? NSO is the worthless Order ripoff, however unlike NPO and NpO who made names for themselves through military conquest, all I see NSO able to do is make as much noise as possible on the forum to get noticed. Star Wars roleplay and making as many announcements as possible seems to be all NSO has accomplished and you call the FCC irreverent? At least I and many others have stuck with the same alliance and set of allies throughout the years, good and bad. With NSO all I see are alliance hoppers jumping onto the third incarnation of NPO hoping Ivan can pull off a magic to make things interesting for you, yet instead all you can do is pretend being relevant when NSO isn't so strong.

Of course statements like this also make me reach for the microwave popcorn, though if I were NSO, I would find it unappetizing in terms of its bait factor. ;)

I hope that helps, although I'm left with a feeling I really should have used smaller simpler words.

You were doing so well before this sentence.

Also, am I the only one who got the drug reference? His name is Methrage for christ sake. This whole thread just got blown way out of whack over the last few pages. I thought we were all just having a nice friendly debate.

Anyway, congrats to Hydra and NSO.