Time machine

Daboo

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In terms of official attitudes, MK doesn't have a grudge against BAPS at all. We pity you, really, and between you and Legion we wonder if all that "stockholm syndrome" crap that was all the rage two years ago might actually have some merit when applied to certain alliances in CN.

However, at this point, since you made it very clear in 2008 where you stood, we could care less about you. BAPS are not under any curtain, Alterego, because that would imply we pay attention to you and that you actually matter to us. You don't. At all. In the slightest. So get over yourself, please. If we were going to waste our time (which we're not) enforcing any diplomatic blackouts, we wouldn't waste any effort on you.

EDIT: Much as we may wish to think so, MK does NOT equal CN. >.>

Edited by TheNeverender

In terms of official attitudes, MK doesn't have a grudge against BAPS at all. We pity you, really, and between you and Legion we wonder if all that "stockholm syndrome" crap that was all the rage two years ago might actually have some merit when applied to certain alliances in CN.

Well you can speculate all you want but I gurantee you, we are very much independent, and I can second that BAPS are nobody's lapdogs or slaves

Well you can speculate all you want but I gurantee you, we are very much independent, and I can second that BAPS are nobody's lapdogs or slaves

That's fantastic. Stockholm Syndrome says nothing about being lapdogs or slaves. It spoke merely to the sympathy and positive feelings captors had for their hostage-takers. If you extrapolate out of the specific origin of the term, and make it fit for CN, there's still no way the idea of slavery or being a lapdog comes into play.

That's fantastic. Stockholm Syndrome says nothing about being lapdogs or slaves. It spoke merely to the sympathy and positive feelings captors had for their hostage-takers. If you extrapolate out of the specific origin of the term, and make it fit for CN, there's still no way the idea of slavery or being a lapdog comes into play.

moreover that is not to say that inherently said kidnappers are entirely evil, it just applies to the change of perception on the part of the hostage

moreover that is not to say that inherently said kidnappers are entirely evil, it just applies to the change of perception on the part of the hostage

If you manipulate the definition of a condition to fit a scenario completely unrelated in every way to the condition they yeah I guess hes right. <_<

If I had a time machine I would warn BAPS about Tumin & the ACDC saboteurs. I would also advise not to resign with TDSM8 because they dishonoured that treaty as often as they could.

Get over yourself. You have a vendetta against TDSM8 cause you weren't there when BAPS and TDSM8 fought together. The fact that you are now the voice for that membership body makes me sick since you give a great community no credit whatsoever. I told you and everyone else to drop this cause none of us are going to reach an agreement between parties but if you want me to really start digging into old BAPS relations, humiliating probably everyone here, I will do it if you insist on not shutting your damn mouth. You don't seem to realize when its in your best interest to keep your mouth shut and your paranoia over the big bad guys in your Karma closet is really making you look like a fool. No one, I repeat no one, here is proud, or happy, about what happened with BAPS relations those years ago, and I don't think anyone really wants to see this topic dragged through the mud more than it already has been in the back channels. Let the old dog die.

Also, the fact that BAPS thinks MK is blacklisting them is still making me laugh.

Edited by Stumpy Jung Il

No, we didn't agree. But we were still behind the diplomatic black curtain that Q had us behind so we couldn't offer you anything but the possibility to get curb stomped again when our time came, and it did. You took the safe road. And I don't blame you one bit for it.

EDIT: I get too fired up about that time period...I am going to let it go.

As I remember it after some discussion your final answer was, "Thanks but no thanks, take Mhawks offer."

Edited by Nobody Expects

Straylight Oct 2009 to Straylight March 2009: Skip the Universal Healthcare, get the damn WRC!

Also

Straylight 2009 to Straylight 2007: Don't quit all your dept jobs damn it!

Also

Straylight 2009 to Straylight 2006: IRON is cool, but join this alliance NPO right away.

Edited by Straylight

To Myself, August 2007:

Here is a giant .zip file containing everything that will happen from here till October 2009 (who to trust, who not to trust, major events beyond your control, etc.). Disseminate it as you please to a successor of your choice (which should be easy to determine given the information before you, good past sir), and then quit the game because life is too short.

Oh yeah, and don't slack of "this" semester either (referring to then), because not having a meaningful job for that spring and summer will suck beyond belief, and things will essentially suck until over a year from now if you don't follow my advice. Sure, things end well by about, oh, September 2009, but seriously, you can take that and do even better. Good luck past me, we're all counting on you.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, just about all the advice to past me would be RL advice, using this mystical CN driven time travel as a way to do so. *shrugs*

Edited by bigwoody

after UJW:

Look for better allies than MK.

The safe road? You took the safe road and have held a grudge ever since.

You know, I was there for all of that and I don't remember it that way at all. I know that things between myself and MK have not been pleasant for some time now, but once upon a time we were actually pretty close friends. Watching BAPS get rolled was not their idea of a good time. There was no such thing as a "safe road" for MK back then and you were in fact targeted in hopes that MK would defend you and get rolled too. Looking back, part of me wishes they had defended you. RoK was on high alert the moment you were attacked and fully prepared to die alongside MK should it come to that. I can think of a few relationships that would be vastly different today had things went down that way.

Whoa. MK deciding against getting rid of a PIAT with RoK after I return? Me defending MK in a thread? Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!

Oh, and ... Van Hoo III of December 25th 2008 and June 28th 2009 to VH3 of today: Don't delete your nation when you decide to quit, dude. Rebuilding sucks.

You know, I was there for all of that and I don't remember it that way at all. I know that things between myself and MK have not been pleasant for some time now, but once upon a time we were actually pretty close friends. Watching BAPS get rolled was not their idea of a good time. There was no such thing as a "safe road" for MK back then and you were in fact targeted in hopes that MK would defend you and get rolled too. Looking back, part of me wishes they had defended you. RoK was on high alert the moment you were attacked and fully prepared to die alongside MK should it come to that. I can think of a few relationships that would be vastly different today had things went down that way.

Whoa. MK deciding against getting rid of a PIAT with RoK after I return? Me defending MK in a thread? Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!

Oh, and ... Van Hoo III of December 25th 2008 and June 28th 2009 to VH3 of today: Don't delete your nation when you decide to quit, dude. Rebuilding sucks.

I can agree with this man.

Wait, I said that? Did the poles just reverse?

You were told this numerous times, so whats the worst for ya now ?

Keeping solid trades or that hurdle to 3999.00.

One of my favorite's when I came back was some noob nimrod tech raiding me, it took about 1 minute and my slots were full with the max aid one could send, including tech and soldiers, I'll never forget his reply " My Bad"

My response " Id say so " Now you get learn the true power of the darkside, it made for a fun 7 days.

Welcome Back Hoo..