She Counted to Two and then Became a Stormtrooper.

Taget

I must say that I agree with King Zog and others who have voiced their distaste for this alliance's name. It makes one wonder what caliber of member the IAA are due to receive.

"what caliber of member IAA are due to receive"? well, all of those who've come over are really awesome, and not pedophiles or the like. but hey, keep talking about things you don't know anything about. ^_^

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"what caliber of member IAA are due to receive"? well, all of those who've come over are really awesome, and not pedophiles or the like. but hey, keep talking about things you don't know anything about. ^_^

You can hardly tell me sarcastically to talk about "things I know nothing about" when your comrades were the ones who CHOSE to parade themselves around under the banner of I-don't-even-know-what-to-call-it. They chose an external image of themselves to present to the public. Are you seriously blaming me for judging them by the impression that I got from a name they CHOSE to call themselves?

You can hardly tell me sarcastically to talk about "things I know nothing about" when your comrades were the ones who CHOSE to parade themselves around under the banner of I-don't-even-know-what-to-call-it. They chose an external image of themselves to present to the public. Are you seriously blaming me for judging them by the impression that I got from a name they CHOSE to call themselves?

So you're telling me I should believe that because you chose to be in an alliance called the New Sith Order that you represent what we understand to be Sith?

If that's true, then you're more deplorable than any of us.

OOC: And for the record, this isn't my belief system...I actually love the NSO, TJO, IAA themes :D

So you're telling me I should believe that because you chose to be in an alliance called the New Sith Order that you represent what we understand to be Sith?

If that's true, then you're more deplorable than any of us.

OOC: And for the record, this isn't my belief system...I actually love the NSO, TJO, IAA themes :D

It's different and your common sense can clearly tell you how. You're just choosing, for political purposes, to ignore it.

Well, since you're questioning the caliber of member we are receiving, I would have to agree with Rahl. As long as you base your judgment of these extremely good people upon nothing more than your belief that their former name was distasteful, and have not actually gotten to know any of them, you do indeed know nothing about the caliber of IAA's newest members. I, for one, can honestly say that IAA would not have accepted a merger with people who were anything less than exceptional allies and leaders whose goals have been about the pursuit of honor and justice in every action.

IAA does appreciate your concern, though. :)

And again this goes to my point that it's a culture issue more than anything. That our society and culture makes girls want to act older and look older to make older men look at them. This is what She Said She Was 18 refers to. To say that because the name refers to this issue says they are condoning rape is, once again, laughable.

And to refer to your earlier post, I'm guessing you're addressing me calling you hypocritical in your "moral" stance. What I meant by this was that you're looking upon things in a very narrow-minded way. You're claiming you have morality on your side by not addressing the full issue, only taking part of the issue that fits your argument. Maybe hypocritical wasn't the right term. Probably narrowminded was more appropriate. I have friends (OOC: IRL) who have been tempted by girls underage. I've been at college parties where 17 year old freshmen show up. There are always two sides to each issue. The name of this alliance references one side. It's not saying that the unwitting party (the guy) knew of the age of the girl. He went by what she told him. This is the instance at hand. There are many crimes that have many aspects to them. These other aspects aren't being described here nor referenced.

This is my point.

So SSSW18 was an alliance themed on girls wanting to act older in Western culture? I mean, that's a pretty big change from what I've heard in the past, and it sounds incredibly stupid. And again, there aren't two sides to rape, no mater what you say. The only people who are going to believe that are people that are friends with them, or that were allied with them. It doesn't take a Sr. moral crusader to know this, all it takes is a regular everyday person. Their name was a joke based off rape, and I found it offensive, regardless of how you interpreted it. You chose to view it that way, and I choose to view it that way it actually is, a joke regarding a serious sexual crime. Sorry, guess my sense of humor broke when I left LUE.

omg ur so full of urself take ur highhorse sumwhere else plz.

<_<

Doitzel is quite the humble guy, actually.

Its our thread so if anyone has a right to bring morals in here, its us.

Now, why don't you take your ugly old self, and crawl back under your bed and cry since your no longer important.

Well, then I guess all these people bashing me for being a moral crusader need to stop then, as it's my right.

Doitzel is always important, also.

I really like IAA, and I'm disappointed to see this.

SSSW18 was nothing I could support.

But this said, best of luck to the members. Let's see how you do without that travesty of a name.

Glad to see you're still on the good side, NWRoyale.

OOC: What if a female played this game

[ooc]Now that's just ridiculous. [/ooc]

Anyway, the people from SSSW18 seem like good people to me, so I couldn't care less about how immoral their old alliance name was.

Also, I was in GR, so I'm a polar bear.

EDIT: Spelling. <_<

Edited by Mathias

I don't care who you are or what your argument it about the name, morality of it, etc. This is the last announcement of this alliance, and despite what your feelings are about them you should at least be respectful of that and not sully the announcement. Names do not make the alliance, period. The people make the alliance. Now please, out of respect for the last announcement SSSW18 is making, take the argument else where.

Welcome to IAA guys (and gals).

Edited by Voodoo Nova

So SSSW18 was an alliance themed on girls wanting to act older in Western culture? I mean, that's a pretty big change from what I've heard in the past, and it sounds incredibly stupid. And again, there aren't two sides to rape, no mater what you say. The only people who are going to believe that are people that are friends with them, or that were allied with them. It doesn't take a Sr. moral crusader to know this, all it takes is a regular everyday person. Their name was a joke based off rape, and I found it offensive, regardless of how you interpreted it. You chose to view it that way, and I choose to view it that way it actually is, a joke regarding a serious sexual crime. Sorry, guess my sense of humor broke when I left LUE.

As to a sense of humor...I agree, definitely no sense of humor. But no worries, I have an extensive sense of humor. I'd be willing to share if you're willing to learn. You can be my Padawan!!

:lol1:

I don't care who you are or what your argument it about the name, morality of it, etc. This is the last announcement of this alliance, and despite what your feelings are about them you should at least be respectful of that and not sully the announcement. Names do not make the alliance, period. The people make the alliance. Now please, out of respect for the last announcement SSSW18 is making, take the argument else where.

Welcome to IAA guys (and gals).

Agreed. I know better than any that SSSW18 will be missed.

:wub: Voodoo :wub:

Edited by JWConner

As to a sense of humor...I agree, definitely no sense of humor. But no worries, I have an extensive sense of humor. I'd be willing to share if you're willing to learn. You can be my Padawan!!

:lol1:

Agreed. I know better than any that SSSW18 will be missed.

:wub: Voodoo :wub:

Missed for now, but how long until it is completely forgotten?

Statutory rape is the exact same thing as being a Sith. No, wait, claiming to be a Sith is far worse than that will ever be. I can't believe what Im reading here. First off, I've seen the "you are irrelevant" and "do something about it" throughout this thread already, two phrases I thought idiots would stop using a while ago. Im afraid they didn't. Secondly, trying to argue semantics over this is ridiculously pointless since it comes down to morality. Do you think that rape is a serious subject and shouldn't be joked upon? If yes, then you aren't going to be amused. However, you also aren't going to change the minds of those that are. Lastly, and the member Im referring to should know who he/she is, but declaring yourself to be right doesn't make you right. You cannot win an argument by going "well Im right so good game, no rematch." Quite simply put, you look like a moron. Also thank you Doitzel for being more eloquent than I.

As for the character of the alliance, I dont have much to add. We fought you once and it wasn't so bad, so thats something. However, I was not impressed with the allies you kept closest to you (minus =LOST= who was alienated with the NPO shift) so I cant say much other than Im sorry to see a community break up, even though thats not really happening either. So I guess sorry you are breaking up (sorta).

Edited by Stumpy Jung Il

For some reason, I just don't believe you. Go figure.

Always nice to have your opinion gr...astronaut jones. Always adding to the conversation.

And yes, they'll be remembered just fine. Just as I remember who you were once, just as I remember our past, I remember my friends. Whether you remember them or not, who cares?

Doitzel is quite the humble guy, actually.

Well, then I guess all these people bashing me for being a moral crusader need to stop then, as it's my right.

Doitzel is always important, also.

Glad to see you're still on the good side, NWRoyale.

You are the most ignorant person I have seen on the forums in quite some time. You are purposely trying to garner a response out of the members of the alliance which is joining your own, over something, as insignificant as a name. First I would like to point out that Statutory rape, though illegal, can be completely consensual. The fact that "rape" is in the name does not mean it was a violent, or unwanted violation of ones person. If you don't like the name, that's your right, but to come on here, and cause a scene for no good reason, spouting moral high ground bull, is just saddening. I love IAA, I feel sorry that they have such a stain on their name as you.

Edited by Barix9

My last post in this thread, as I have been baited to take this off-topic and away from my friends' farewell.

To Jipps, Neforatu, Blackrose, Xman, LordJay (RIP), BrandonSimonson, Lord Chris, Grundig, Tepes, Taget, Kittiquel, Warrior and to whomever I've unfortunately forgotten from SSSW18...you all have been great friends to VA and many others. As we may no longer be allies through your new alliance(s), I'll always consider you friends.

Good luck with your new homes. I'll plan to always be in #sssw18 and hope to continue to see you all there. The spirit of SSSW18 will always be there.

o/ SSSW18

Anyone ever hear of the saying "You shouldn't speak ill of the dead". It seems like some people are forgetting that this alliance is gone now and have been honorable. I am disgusted by the behavior of some of the posters. If you didn't like the alliance then why not simply rejoice in the fact they are gone? Instead you insist on putting salt into the wounds. To do so only proves how petty you are. However I do thank you bad apples for being the perfect example of how not to act.

Anyone ever hear of the saying "You shouldn't speak ill of the dead". It seems like some people are forgetting that this alliance is gone now and have been honorable. I am disgusted by the behavior of some of the posters. If you didn't like the alliance then why not simply rejoice in the fact they are gone? Instead you insist on putting salt into the wounds. To do so only proves how petty you are. However I do thank you bad apples for being the perfect example of how not to act.

This says it all, thank you dark for saying what everyone else is thinking.

I'm very grateful that Doitzel has remained around, whether his intent or not, he acts as a great voice for those of us who have a sense of morality but are not as eloquent as he.

Morality? I think I'm one of the people around these parts to be called a moralist very often and I saw nothing wrong with their name. If you got offend by the name because its a joke, that I hear often, then you need to grow up.