She Counted to Two and then Became a Stormtrooper.

Taget

Morality? I think I'm one of the people around these parts to be called a moralist very often and I saw nothing wrong with their name. If you got offend by the name because its a joke, that I hear often, then you need to grow up.

Now, now, you have no claim over what other people can find morally inappropriate, nor are you the final say on what morality is. And if you find nothing wrong with a joke about rape then maybe the other side of this debate could argue that you in fact need to grow up.

EDIT: Im not saying that this is what I see in this situation, more pondering from a neutral bystander.

Edited by Stumpy Jung Il

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, now, you have no claim over what other people can find morally inappropriate, nor are you the final say on what morality is. And if you find nothing wrong with a joke about rape then maybe the other side of this debate could argue that you in fact need to grow up.

EDIT: Im not saying that this is what I see in this situation, more pondering from a neutral bystander.

Thank you Stumpy, Those are my thoughts entirely. We can agree to disagree, but I definitely have an issue with being told to grow up by someone I've never met. But this is off topic, James Wilson can PM me if he wants to carry on.

Bully to IAA for gaining new members, my opinions of the new members notwithstanding.

Well this is rather pathetic.

I can understand a level of dislike for the name She Said She Was Eighteen. Not everyone is going to be able to take a joke, even one so mild. But as said by a lot of posters already, this isn't the place to complain about how terrible you thought the alliance was. This is a merge announcement - generally, parting thoughts for the alliance are shared. Whether good or bad, you say your piece then go on your way. You don't camp out in the thread, you don't continuously badmouth the alliance over what you damn well know isn't a big deal, you don't turn what should be a short goodbye into a long, drawn out !@#$fest. Starfox, Doitzel, Kingzog - I have a good deal of respect for your posting skills. You're great at arguing. What you're not so great at is choosing when to shut up because you're acting like idiots. This is that time. JWConner - you're obviously a great ally to SSSW18, but arguing the point over and over is just making it worse. Best to let the point die.

Now to what I actually wanted to say. SSSW18, you're great people. Unfortunately, I didn't make the time to get to know you as well as I'd have liked. I hope you'll all be happy in IAA or wherever you choose to go. Know that you were a great alliance and can only make IAA greater.

Regardless of which side of the fence your opinions falls on, why do you always feel the need to derail SSW18 threads with OOC issues? Pretty much every SSW18 thread I recall reading has the same old characters bringing up the same old OOC issues. If it's genuinely that much of a problem for you then we have an entire forum where you can report inappropriate names amongst other things. Instead we just get grandstanding in every thread, derailing what is a pretty significant IC happening. Eugh, just take this !@#$ to the many OOC forums, please?

Well this is rather pathetic.

I can understand a level of dislike for the name She Said She Was Eighteen. Not everyone is going to be able to take a joke, even one so mild. But as said by a lot of posters already, this isn't the place to complain about how terrible you thought the alliance was. This is a merge announcement - generally, parting thoughts for the alliance are shared. Whether good or bad, you say your piece then go on your way. You don't camp out in the thread, you don't continuously badmouth the alliance over what you damn well know isn't a big deal, you don't turn what should be a short goodbye into a long, drawn out !@#$fest. Starfox, Doitzel, Kingzog - I have a good deal of respect for your posting skills. You're great at arguing. What you're not so great at is choosing when to shut up because you're acting like idiots. This is that time. JWConner - you're obviously a great ally to SSSW18, but arguing the point over and over is just making it worse. Best to let the point die.

I just came here because JWConner was making himself easy prey and he was wrong. Frankly I don't understand why "respect" should be afforded to a group of juveniles who can't respect basic international standards.

Regardless of which side of the fence your opinions falls on, why do you always feel the need to derail SSW18 threads with OOC issues? Pretty much every SSW18 thread I recall reading has the same old characters bringing up the same old OOC issues. If it's genuinely that much of a problem for you then we have an entire forum where you can report inappropriate names amongst other things. Instead we just get grandstanding in every thread, derailing what is a pretty significant IC happening. Eugh, just take this !@#$ to the many OOC forums, please?

OOC: Oh okay. And what exactly is the OOC recourse? Kindly ask them to stop acting like pubescent teens? Give me a break. This is as much an IC issue as it is an OOC one. If Turkey passed a law renaming itself "Penis" how do you think that would affect their chances of getting into the EU?

OOC: Oh okay. And what exactly is the OOC recourse? Kindly ask them to stop acting like pubescent teens? Give me a break. This is as much an IC issue as it is an OOC one. If Turkey passed a law renaming itself "Penis" how do you think that would affect their chances of getting into the EU?

The OOC recourse would be the same action you would take if you stumbled across a nation named 'Penis' or anything else you consider inappropriate. There are places for it to be reported, at which point it will be reviewed. Hell a TE nation got deleted for being called Mammogramadingdong which is hardly offensive.

It's just irritating to me. Sure you can do whatever you please, not treaty with them, blah, etc, and accusing them of being juvenile is a perfectly legitimate IC complaint. It's just every thread goes past that into a debate regarding OOC laws, laws that don't exist in the Cyberverse, and have no place being debated in IC threads. I don't come on these forums to read about people's opinions on DUI or GBH, I'm here to read about IC issues. You want to call the leadership pubescent teens, go ahead, but if you're interested in debating the merits or otherwise of your particular real life nations' laws, take it elsewhere.

With that said this will be my last post on the issue, I have no interest in derailing this thread with further OOC discourse.

So, for the last time, shut the *!&$ up and get over yourself. ... I realize opening your mouth was just too enticing to pass up, but showing restraint is an admirable quality in a person. You should try it out.

Something about a pot, a kettle, and the color black...

I will miss the sssw18 name... but I idle in #IAA anyways... so... yay. How long is #sssw18 staying open?

Also <3 Rose.

there are a lot of really cool people involved in this.

Edited by KillerKoel