Imperial Decree from the New Pacific Order

Cortath

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure why people see this as the same old.

Because Mary was already regent, so this changes nothing? And because she was an IO for a long time under the old administration before that and a major part of 'old Pacifica'?

I'm more confused by the people who seem to think this changes anything, to be honest – or even why Cortath has to 'appoint' someone to a position they already held (maybe that's some piece of Pacifican law).

I am talking statistically here.

You can only make a pattern out of two points if you assume a certain shape for said pattern. (For example, assuming the points make a straight line)

Once you have three points though, you can plot a curve.

You need to loosen up.

Because Mary was already regent, so this changes nothing? And because she was an IO for a long time under the old administration before that and a major part of 'old Pacifica'?

I'm more confused by the people who seem to think this changes anything, to be honest – or even why Cortath has to 'appoint' someone to a position they already held (maybe that's some piece of Pacifican law).

Wow. Is Mary really that bad in your views?

AA AB AD AE AG AH AI AL AM AN AR AS AT AW AX AY BA BE BI BO

BY DE DO ED EF EH EL EM EN ER ES ET EX FA GO HA HE HI HM HO

ID IF IN IS IT JO KA LA LI LO MA ME MI MM MO MU MY NA NE NO

NU OD OE OF OH OM ON OP OR OS OW OX OY PA PE PI RE SH SI SO

TA TI TO UH UM UN UP US UT WE WO XI XU YA YE YO

Good choice and good luck.

In many alliances of this structure, when a new leader is appointed, those appointed under the previous automatically lose their place and must be either re-appointed or not. Avoids a new leader having to actually demote someone. It's understood that they no longer hold their position but may be offered it anew.

Admittedly, she's been in NPO for a while. Her rise to the Regency is recent, though.

At least you've stopped claiming that Cortath was a longtime IO.

Doesn't change much, this is true. The Regent is appointed by the Emperor; this is technically a second appointment for Mary.

:ph34r:

Every Emperor chooses his/her own Regent, therefore Cortath also chose his own Regent. I don't see why this is so difficult for some people.

And breaking the surrender terms? Are you on crack, leaderoftheworld?

I think probably even if we cured cancer, we would not be changing. We have exchanged Trotsky for Eugene Debs; seems like a change to me. But guess I'm biased.

Every Emperor chooses his/her own Regent, therefore Cortath also chose his own Regent. I don't see why this is so difficult for some people.

I think you are missing the point. It doesn't matter who is doing the choosing when the people they choose are EXACTLY the same as before. At a time when a lot of people are watching to see if NPO shows any sign of changing it's old ways, this sort of decision is interesting (and slightly confusing). If Cortath chooses exactly the same people in all the positions that you chose, what's changed?

I think you are missing the point. It doesn't matter who is doing the choosing when the people they choose are EXACTLY the same as before. At a time when a lot of people are watching to see if NPO shows any sign of changing it's old ways, this sort of decision is interesting (and slightly confusing). If Cortath chooses exactly the same people in all the positions that you chose, what's changed?

We are sorry that Cortath chose a regent based on capability (who has beaten mary in scrabble? :P) rather than to choose a potentially less capable regent to show the world that we have changed

Edited by silentkiller

You had a scrabble tournament to choose the new Regent, didn't you? :P

Alright, I think we can safely say this won the thread.

Anyway, congrats Mary, but sadly the anti-huggles regime is still in place, I must organize a resistance. :<

Much love from Invicta. <3

We are sorry that Cortath chose a regent based on capability (who has beaten mary in scrabble? :P) rather than to choose a potentially less capable regent to show the world that we have changed

I find it hard to believe that you cannot find any fresh and capable people amongst your massed ranks but eh, choose you who want. Just stop putting out the rhetoric about changing when you're clearly doing nothing of the sort.

9/30 10:29am <KahlanRahl> please tell me he's not going to do the *chuckles* at the beginning of all his posts?

9/30 10:29am * Cortath (ModEdit) has joined #nsa

9/30 10:29am * ChanServ sets mode: +oq Cortath Cortath

09/30 10:29am <Skippy[sTA]> :o

09/30 10:29am <+Locke[invicta|CoS]> Oh, that would be amazing.

09/30 10:29am <Wilhem_II[TGE]> The Emperor is in the house

9/30 10:30am <KahlanRahl> that would be insane.

09/30 10:30am <Skippy[sTA]> its a fake!

9/30 10:30am <KahlanRahl> and a little...

9/30 10:30am <KahlanRahl> strange...

9/30 10:30am <+Locke[invicta|CoS]> Cortath, you need to add *chuckles* at the beginning of all your posts now. :P

9/30 10:30am * KahlanRahl facepalms

09/30 10:30am <WorldConqueror> that would be great

9/30 10:30am <KahlanRahl> if he does i am taking ALL the credit for that idea.

9/30 10:30am <KahlanRahl> all of it.

9/30 10:30am <KahlanRahl> >_>

9/30 10:30am <KahlanRahl> <_<

:D

Also congrats on attaining/keeping Regent Mary. ^_^

I find it hard to believe that you cannot find any fresh and capable people amongst your massed ranks but eh, choose you who want. Just stop putting out the rhetoric about changing when you're clearly doing nothing of the sort.

Change does not require one to slough off experience, maturity and capabilities in exchange for the untried and the untested. It merely requires the desire and will to strike out in the new directions that maturity and experience deem possible. Sniffing that they aren't throwing out the baby with the bathwater quickly enough to suit you isn't going to help anything.

Give them the time to implement the changes they have the vision to make.

I don't know how you clean house, but when I do it... I don't throw out what's not broken. Mary is an excellent Regent. I can think of no one I'd like to see in that spot more.