Treaty Announcement from the Empire and the Polars

Chimaera

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if their performance in the GATO-1V war and subsequent disbandment works as a help or a hindrance to their appeal elsewhere or in public, but I know it had no impact on my opinion of them. More important to our budding relationship (from our end at least) has been their current set of personable and steady handed leaders, commonalities in our present positions and methods of dealing with problems, ease of cooperation on many matters not limited to a cooperation in our trading sphere, and trust in our shared responsibility and commitment to the other. I expect that their hardships a year and a bit back are not even all that relevant to their own alliance anymore but have stuck to the perception of IAA out of the public's thirst for simplicity. It would be wise not to let that simplicity color your opinion of an alliance who is not riding on pity from the past at all but on a steady effort in the present. That being said I can completely understand that the more colorful and lengthy an alliance's past, the longer it takes to distinguish itself in the present. I'm looking forward to helping them do just that where I can.

Edited by Penguin

It's not that they deserve no respect, it's just that they disbanded when confronted with long odds, instead of even attempting to stick it out, and then once their oppressor was dispatched by others, they came back and pretended everything was all happy happy joy joy. I personally am of the feeling's expressed by AirMe as well, that they haven't done anything to deserve the respect they seem to be getting. I don't see them as worthy of disrespect either, although I personally dislike every alliance that has decided since the NPO fell they can come back out and pretend nothing happened to them. But that's another story.

On the contrary, IAA aren't really pretending nothing happened, nor are they acting "happy happy joy joy". You are sorely mistaken if you think Chimaera wasn't well aware of the risks he took when pulling IAA back together. Nonetheless, we're not asking for anyone's respect, but just as Chimaera said to AirMe, to give IAA2 a chance, get to know us, and you might be surprised at what you find. We're just a good group of people looking to have fun. :)

On the contrary, IAA aren't really pretending nothing happened, nor are they acting "happy happy joy joy". You are sorely mistaken if you think Chimaera wasn't well aware of the risks he took when pulling IAA back together. Nonetheless, we're not asking for anyone's respect, but just as Chimaera said to AirMe, to give IAA2 a chance, get to know us, and you might be surprised at what you find. We're just a good group of people looking to have fun. :)

I don't mean to be insulting over this...but uh, what risks? NPO = fallen from power, and they were also the ones that were at war with IAA when it disbanded. If anything you reformed when there were no risks. Though feel free to correct me, I don't claim to know everything.

I don't mean to be insulting over this...but uh, what risks? NPO = fallen from power, and they were also the ones that were at war with IAA when it disbanded. If anything you reformed when there were no risks. Though feel free to correct me, I don't claim to know everything.

Perhaps the risks of the peanut gallery complaining and people trying to relate them to the mistakes of IAA1?

Because in my personal opinion, IAA does not deserve the respect they are getting. You disbanded when you couldn't get favorable surrender terms from the NPO and only reformed because they were out of the way. Sure, you followed your treaty with GATO, but you didn't finish the fight.

Forgive me for being honest but it is something that I have vowed to do. I respect and like Polar.....a lot, but IAA, I'm not sold on. I have the same feelings about the new GOONs as well.

I am sorry but didn't NAAC disband under pretty much the same conditions as IAA?

Actually Trace, regardless on if NPO was at war or not, IAA would have reformed. Chim personally went to all the alliances that were at war with IAA at the time to make sure there were no issues with them reforming.

Edit: grammar

Edited by Voodoo Nova

Actually Trace, regardless on if NPO was at war or not, IAA would have reformed. Chim personally went to all the alliances that were at war with IAA at the time to make sure there were no issues with them reforming.

Edit: grammar

This is accurate. The basic feeling amongst IAAers was that is was high time for our return, and NPO's diminished state simply made that easier - it was in no way, shape, or form, the defining piece of our decision.

Perhaps the risks of the peanut gallery complaining and people trying to relate them to the mistakes of IAA1?

This, and also, prior to the information Voodoo shared and Chimmy confirmed (which I was not privy to until now), I was thinking more about when NPO came back. Because come on, we know they're not staying down. Right? ^_^ Seriously Trace, please come hang out, get to know us. Any of you that have doubts. I had quite a few bitter friends who liked to talk about their days in IAA1, and I had a kind of implanted image that IAA, Chimaera and Mathias were all a bunch of LULZ high horse idiots. I found I was very, very wrong. *shrug*

Chimney was planning to bring IAA back to Planet Bob regardless. He'd been testing the waters fo quite some time, and was finally getting some favorable responses. With new enemies on the horizon for NPO and company, apparently keeping IAA gone didn't seem so important to them anymore.

-Bama

Because in my personal opinion, IAA does not deserve the respect they are getting. You disbanded when you couldn't get favorable surrender terms from the NPO and only reformed because they were out of the way. Sure, you followed your treaty with GATO, but you didn't finish the fight.

Forgive me for being honest but it is something that I have vowed to do. I respect and like Polar.....a lot, but IAA, I'm not sold on. I have the same feelings about the new GOONs as well.

That isn't fair AirMe. We disbanded due to more than just simply a losing war. We had alot of internal strife, and an utterly incompotent leader who refused to step down to allow us terms. The fight was done and we couldn't give anything more, and we were near universally hated, merely for helping GATO. It was a bad situation then, and times were different. At the time, I voted against disbandment, but that's just because I can handle a neverending war, and crippling terms, most can't.

It's not that they deserve no respect, it's just that they disbanded when confronted with long odds, instead of even attempting to stick it out, and then once their oppressor was dispatched by others, they came back and pretended everything was all happy happy joy joy. I personally am of the feeling's expressed by AirMe as well, that they haven't done anything to deserve the respect they seem to be getting. I don't see them as worthy of disrespect either, although I personally dislike every alliance that has decided since the NPO fell they can come back out and pretend nothing happened to them. But that's another story.

Long odds? What an incredible understatement. It was the world vs. IAA and GATO. We had been betrayed by every ally of ours, on top of that. Besides, it's not as if IAA didn't put any work into the fight against NPO. There were numerous IAA in Vox Populi, and majority served in Karma alliances. While I do agree with you, many new IAA members have forgotten the sins of the past, but even more haven't, and while our treaties may contradict this, IAA still hates the NPO. I don't see what you are worrying about.

I am sorry but didn't NAAC disband under pretty much the same conditions as IAA?

I was not part of the NAAC when it disbanded. If I was, I would still be on the AA as well as Lord Chozo, who has held the AA for as long as his nation has existed.

Polaris is MDoAP'ed to UPN and UPN is chaining MDAP'ed to us.

May be you missed that our treaty with UPN is no chaining. :P

Article III: Mutual Defense

Should either signatory be subject to an act of aggression, they are well within their rights to request military support, which the other signatory is obligated to provide unless the former signatory had become involved in a conflict via other treaties with other alliances or blocs. In such a case, the request for aid becomes voluntary.