Treaty Announcement from the Empire and the Polars

Chimaera

May be you missed that our treaty with UPN is no chaining. :P

No, I didn't. Neither is this one. My (Haf's too, I hope :P) point was that we're effectively in the same relationship with you as the IAA already. That MDAP is basically a statement saying that we move as one alliance, so wherever UPN goes, so do we. And you hold the same level of relationship with UPN as you do with the IAA.

Not that I would mind looking to get closer to you on our own accord, of course. ;)

Also, I just noticed that you termed the aggression article as mutual, not optional; is there a hidden part in that like the IAA/Invicta Article VI? :awesome:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Locke, it's just optional mutual aggression.

Yeah, that's what I thought at first, but when I think of that I think of the BFF aggression clause and it doesn't look like that at all. =\ Is it just implied through the title then as opposed to being written out in the article?

That is supposed to make me feel.....better? :P

The point is that Invicta's forces already are pledged to the defence of NpO via the UPN MDP. If NpO is attacked in a manner which causes their treaty with UPN to be invoked, we're coming too. Our treaty with IAA is additionally nonchaining, so really, their entering into a defence arrangement with an alliance who we are already pledged to defend - even if indirectly - makes our strategic position stronger, not weaker, because if someone decides to attack the Polars for some reason there will be more forces available to aid our side.

So like I said earlier, I'm quite happy to see this. :)

Hey look....I don't want to be a downer on my brethren's thread here but I just don't want to see them get so closely tied to the purple sphere in this day and age. You may take that personally but it isn't personal. So telling me how it chains together to get more purple coming to the aid of NpO or whatever just isn't doing it for me.

Once again, best of luck to my Polar brothers.

Hey look....I don't want to be a downer on my brethren's thread here but I just don't want to see them get so closely tied to the purple sphere in this day and age. You may take that personally but it isn't personal. So telling me how it chains together to get more purple coming to the aid of NpO or whatever just isn't doing it for me.

I believe Haf is just trying to say that such ties to Purple were already in place and aren't new.

Congrats Polar and IAA. :D

-Bama

Bama nailed it. You're a bit late on that. :P

But I'm sure the next time we go looking for treaties with your friends, we'll ask for your approval first, okay? :v:

Yeah, that's what I thought at first, but when I think of that I think of the BFF aggression clause and it doesn't look like that at all. =\ Is it just implied through the title then as opposed to being written out in the article?
Should either signatory find it necessary to commit an act of aggression upon a third party, they may request military support from the other signatory, though this request is under no circumstances an obligation.

The article is titled "Mutual Aggression" because it clarifies the circumstances under which mutual aggression is defined. A MDP could have a section titled "Mutual Aggression" that declares "This treaty is not in any way whatsoever justification for mutual aggression," because it is defining mutual aggression in the context of the treaty.

Edited by Proko

Polaris is MDoAP'ed to UPN and UPN is chaining MDAP'ed to us.

If UPN or IAA is attacked, I expect Invicta and Polaris to be fighting side by side. If Invicta is attacked and UPN and IAA defend you, do not automatically assume Polaris will take up the call. Our treaties with both make such defense optional.

If UPN or IAA is attacked, I expect Invicta and Polaris to be fighting side by side. If Invicta is attacked and UPN and IAA defend you, do not automatically assume Polaris will take up the call. Our treaties with both make such defense optional.

Never claimed otherwise.

Have I mentioned today that I love Polaris? :wub: