Treaty Announcement from the Empire and the Polars

Chimaera

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be interesting to see what you guys in IAA will do as future events play out.

Congrats on the treaty.

I would like to know about future events, can you see the future? Tell me please ;)

I'll be honest....this treaty disappoints me.

Why? If you could pm me about the reasons I would appreciate.

Aww, why's that AirMe? :huh:

Because in my personal opinion, IAA does not deserve the respect they are getting. You disbanded when you couldn't get favorable surrender terms from the NPO and only reformed because they were out of the way. Sure, you followed your treaty with GATO, but you didn't finish the fight.

Forgive me for being honest but it is something that I have vowed to do. I respect and like Polar.....a lot, but IAA, I'm not sold on. I have the same feelings about the new GOONs as well.

Edited by AirMe

while I love your honest opinion on us AirMe, I do believe you may be slightly misinformed about the circumstances of our disbandment, if you would like to talk about this more in detail please hit me up on IRC.

I am pretty sure I understand the circumstances about the disbandment. IAA disbanded instead of accepting perma ZI for Junka....In MK if anyone had demanded the perma ZI of Archon we would have kept fighting.....in Ronin if anyone demands the perma ZI of any of our members, we will fight longer than FAN did if necessary.

So I really don't think I am confused on the reasons surrounding the disbandment at all. Unless you lied to the public about the reasons for the original IAA's disbandment.

Because in my personal opinion, IAA does not deserve the respect they are getting. You disbanded when you couldn't get favorable surrender terms from the NPO and only reformed because they were out of the way. Sure, you followed your treaty with GATO, but you didn't finish the fight.

Forgive me for being honest but it is something that I have vowed to do. I respect and like Polar.....a lot, but IAA, I'm not sold on. I have the same feelings about the new GOONs as well.

How long do you honestly think it would take Ronin to disband if that was the only way out of perma war for all of your members? Especially if you were in the state that IAA was in after a month of war, with large portions of your membership being bill locked and helpless. Especially if there is no hope of rescue, no hope of the beating ever ending?

The world has grown strange indeed if you would be quick to forgive the victimizer and loathe to forgive the victim, AirMe.

How long do you honestly think it would take Ronin to disband if that was the only way out of perma war for all of your members? Especially if you were in the state that IAA was in after a month of war, with large portions of your membership being bill locked and helpless. Especially if there is no hope of rescue, no hope of the beating ever ending?

The world has grown strange indeed if you would be quick to forgive the victimizer and loathe to forgive the victim, AirMe.

As long as Nitemare and I are on this planet there will be someone on the Ronin AA. I don't blame membership for jumping ship in any circumstance, but leadership has an obligation to the alliance to carry on. If I were former membership I would have stood in the way of an IAA reformation just like I have voiced my opinions, in private, against a NAAC reformation. Again this is just my personal opinion. Basically my point was, and it clearly went right over your head Londo, what have they done since reforming to earn the respect that they are getting. One thing I will give them, is they have been doing outstanding work in the department of FA.

And while I am at it, where have I forgiven the victimizer in this situation? Next time you throw out an accusation, back it up with some proof.

Forgive me for standing out against the crowd and letting my honesty come out. From now on I will mindlessly hail and throw kittens in celebration.

As long as Nitemare and I are on this planet there will be someone on the Ronin AA. I don't blame membership for jumping ship in any circumstance, but leadership has an obligation to the alliance to carry on. If I were former membership I would have stood in the way of an IAA reformation just like I have voiced my opinions, in private, against a NAAC reformation. Again this is just my personal opinion. Basically my point was, and it clearly went right over your head Londo, what have they done since reforming to earn the respect that they are getting. One thing I will give them, is they have been doing outstanding work in the department of FA.

Well they have been good and supportive allies of my alliance, for one. That has not gone over my head. ;)

And while I am at it, where have I forgiven the victimizer in this situation? Next time you throw out an accusation, back it up with some proof.

I will PM you, I have no desire to get into that in such a public venue.

Forgive me for standing out against the crowd and letting my honesty come out. From now on I will mindlessly hail and throw kittens in celebration.

I'm not sure how you got that out of what I said. I am simply unsure why you take the position that an alliance deserves no respect because it made the choice to disband in an impossible situation.

I'm not sure how you got that out of what I said. I am simply unsure why you take the position that an alliance deserves no respect because it made the choice to disband in an impossible situation.

It's not that they deserve no respect, it's just that they disbanded when confronted with long odds, instead of even attempting to stick it out, and then once their oppressor was dispatched by others, they came back and pretended everything was all happy happy joy joy. I personally am of the feeling's expressed by AirMe as well, that they haven't done anything to deserve the respect they seem to be getting. I don't see them as worthy of disrespect either, although I personally dislike every alliance that has decided since the NPO fell they can come back out and pretend nothing happened to them. But that's another story.

It's not that they deserve no respect, it's just that they disbanded when confronted with long odds, instead of even attempting to stick it out, and then once their oppressor was dispatched by others, they came back and pretended everything was all happy happy joy joy. I personally am of the feeling's expressed by AirMe as well, that they haven't done anything to deserve the respect they seem to be getting. I don't see them as worthy of disrespect either, although I personally dislike every alliance that has decided since the NPO fell they can come back out and pretend nothing happened to them. But that's another story.

They may rank below the likes of FAN and OcUK, but certainly above the legions of alliances that have cut and run rather than defend allies. That was all too common in the day and age of IAA's disbandment. I'm not sure why you feel that way in general about "zombie" alliances, but maybe you'll tell me sometime. :)

That is certainly one way of looking at it. But at the same time, you're going to have to remember that the main proponent of the disbandment was Junkalunka, who, due to my own admitted blindness to his flaws, was Emperor at the time. This is the same Junkalunka who later admitted that the only reason he disbanded IAA was for his own political gain. The situations revolving around the disbandment are far more complex than you've touched on, and while I respect your opinion, I think I'm going to have to disagree with you. Perhaps I am biased, but I fail to see any of IAA1's flaws (which were numerous) in IAA2. I would prefer you not base your judgment of the Empire on a situation from over a year ago that you're not completely privy too. Give us a chance and I think you'll end up liking what you see.

That is certainly one way of looking at it. But at the same time, you're going to have to remember that the main proponent of the disbandment was Junkalunka, who, due to my own admitted blindness to his flaws, was Emperor at the time. This is the same Junkalunka who later admitted that the only reason he disbanded IAA was for his own political gain. The situations revolving around the disbandment are far more complex than you've touched on, and while I respect your opinion, I think I'm going to have to disagree with you. Perhaps I am biased, but I fail to see any of IAA1's flaws (which were numerous) in IAA2. I would prefer you not base your judgment of the Empire on a situation from over a year ago that you're not completely privy too. Give us a chance and I think you'll end up liking what you see.

I'm working on it. I just need to see more. I'm a stubborn old mule.