Some news from Purple

Stumpy is right, a multi-colored bloc of people who share the same mindset and all that is better than a color treaty where no one agrees on anything. The thing is, Purple (the ones that are in the bloc) does share that same mindset. So it may be a color treaty to most, but in all reality, they are no different than any other functioning bloc. And that is why I like purple.

Nevertheless, Stumpy does in fact deserve an award. However King of only one sphere is just too damn small.

I see more supporters joining my cause by the day. Soon I will be King of Planet Bob!

And yeah, my response was mostly a reaction to claims that we are just jealous of PEACE.

Wicked - Nooooooo! What would I do without your love. D:

Edited by Stumpy Jung Il

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No issues procuring tech and trades = true.

Indeed, I stay on Aqua for a reason, even though I'm essentially in a Purple alliance. I don't screw with success and trade wise Aqua has been better to me than any color save for Black, where most of my trade slots were filled with GOONS members (whatever else they were guilty of, GOONS 1.0 was excellent to deal with--never had one of them canceled, always understanding) though for tech these days I stay in house at Valhalla in order to help out our smaller nations.

I never heard of a problem with Senate seats either.

As for not throwing down on each other, also true, but there have been some close calls. At least more than you are implying.

As for the no bloc treaty, I suggest you consult this: http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Aqua

Attempts have been made to be sure, some more successful than others.

Aqua has no unity treaties that we are a part of

Pertinent section bolded.

That may be true, heh. However, color unity is just an outdated practice. I prefer to choose my friends because I like them rather than because we are on the same team color. It's just the same as that I won't ally another Monarchy, with no religion, and a Greek population because of that. It's just a small detail with no bearing on personality traits.

That isn't a very complicated process. Besides, you admitted very new purple alliances, and just about every purple alliance out there. It's not a very elite group. Have you ever rejected anyone?

Each of the applicants I've seen thus far are quality products. Just because we have a number of good alliances shouldn't be a strike against us. :P Yes, I'll agree that we're not "elitist" in PEACE inclusion, but do we have to be? It's an ODP econ treaty (most of the recent alliances, anyway, Olympus moved to Poseidon), we're not going to stop people from joining because of their size or age. If they can contribute to the good of purple we'll gladly accept them. I can honestly say that from the Q&A of each of the accepted alliances they'll serve that role perfectly well.

Purple never had any ties to NPO Nope,never

Hell, its not like Legion, Invicta, Valhalla held MDP's with NPO, that would completely make you a liar

He's talking about BAPS, who I think we can all agree can hardly be called "Pacifican lapdogs."

Sure, you were never direct allies with the NPO, but it is, and always was, obvious what side you are on.

And why yes, 90% of Bob were followers at that time.

Wow your slipping Star Fox that has to be the absolute worst post ive ever seen from you Mr Obvious. BAPS was treatied to Val and held ties via purple of course you knew what side they were on. Just as we know where you will generally stand and thats wrong why. Please SF go get some sleep and come back rested so we can enjoy your best cuz these posts have been weak at best :P

I fail to see how PEACE, Poseidon, and Pegasus are better than Frostbite, SF, CnG, Citadel, and other blocs. There is no difference if it's a regular bloc or a color bloc. All are MDP's(or MDoAP's or MDAP's). All have alliances who share similar interest.

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

I fail to see how PEACE, Poseidon, and Pegasus are better than Frostbite, SF, CnG, Citadel, and other blocs. There is no difference if it's a regular bloc or a color bloc. All are MDP's(or MDoAP's or MDAP's). All have alliances who share similar interest.

I think thats basically what a lot of us are trying to say... :huh:

I fail to see how PEACE, Poseidon, and Pegasus are better than Frostbite, SF, CnG, Citadel, and other blocs. There is no difference if it's a regular bloc or a color bloc. All are MDP's(or MDoAP's or MDAP's). All have alliances who share the same interest.

I dont believe anyone has said any of those are better than any of the mentioned blocs. We have been told that color treaties are worthless and are simply pointing out why we feel it is not so.

I fail to see how PEACE, Poseidon, and Pegasus are better than Frostbite, SF, CnG, Citadel, and other blocs. There is no difference if it's a regular bloc or a color bloc. All are MDP's(or MDoAP's or MDAP's). All have alliances who share the same interest.

Whats being claimed is that we are inferior because we share a colour.

Better? No. That's entirely subjective. Better for us? You bet. We like it this way and like to share what we think about it once in a while. :)

Wow your slipping Star Fox that has to be the absolute worst post ive ever seen from you Mr Obvious. BAPS was treatied to Val and held ties via purple of course you knew what side they were on. Just as we know where you will generally stand and thats wrong why. Please SF go get some sleep and come back rested so we can enjoy your best cuz these posts have been weak at best :P

Mr obvious? I don't think what I stated was a secret, it was just a response to what Alter stated. Considering Val and the rest of Purple were obviously in the NPO's corner, it means BAPS was as well. Indirect allies are still coalition allies, thus BAPS supported Pacifica, confirming what I said, that Alter took issue with. I never stated it was wrong did I? Of course it's morally wrong. :)

Mr obvious? I don't think what I stated was a secret, it was just a response to what Alter stated. Considering Val and the rest of Purple were obviously in the NPO's corner, it means BAPS was as well. Indirect allies are still coalition allies, thus BAPS supported Pacifica, confirming what I said, that Alter took issue with. I never stated it was wrong did I? Of course it's morally wrong. :)

Well see about that from what ive seen not much has really changed but just the names.

Damn you now i have to let all know i still think your ok in my book.

For the record i'm fairly happy with the side we were on during the war.

We should make Stumpy ceremonial King of Purple and give him everything he wants.

Nobody mention the human sacrifice at the end of the first year. <.< .>.>

You can't make me what I already am. colbert.gif

That's debatable. colbert.gif

I hate you.

Edited by Stumpy Jung Il

Classic case of jealousy imo...Purple compared to many other color spheres is united...(see seiphers post earlier that documented the involvement of purple alliances and numbers involved in Purple Unity).

Colour unity is something to be jealous about? Not in the slightest. I don't know if you actually think it's jealousy or were trying to irk people by playing the ignorant and arrogant role, but purple unity is certainly not something I look up to.

Are we the best alliances around? (I think all spheres have a good combination of military and economic builders, purple has some folks that are loyal to the core--aka avalon, BAPS and Valhalla in particular)...
Not at all in my opinion, and I imagine that's where a lot of the lolpurple comments come from. There are a number of alliances that are considered weak-willed or militarily incapable which greatly hurts the image of a unified purple front.

Besides, you admitted very new purple alliances, and just about every purple alliance out there. It's not a very elite group. Have you ever rejected anyone?

The economic treaty, which was originally a NAP and now is an ODP, has not had a lot of rejections, no.

Poseidon, the MDOAP group, has rejected applicants.

Starfox, I would like to remind you of this: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=54884

There's a Purple alliance in there.

There have been in the past, and probably will continue to be in the future, disagreements between Purple alliances. The Poseidon members have enough shared values and friendship that we choose to pledge to defend each other, despite said disagreements. It's a very nice change from the situation here two years ago, where the slightest disagreement usually led to a situation where someone was getting attacked by noWedge. <_<

I'd also like to point out that these awards are not presented by any of the PEACE blocs. They were voted on by alliances that use the Purple Unity forums, where all Purple alliances are encouraged to participate.

Of course the PEACE economic pact discussed the three new members as well (that's all of the PEACE economic alliances plus Poseidon members).

Colour unity is something to be jealous about? Not in the slightest. I don't know if you actually think it's jealousy or were trying to irk people by playing the ignorant and arrogant role, but purple unity is certainly not something I look up to.

Not at all in my opinion, and I imagine that's where a lot of the lolpurple comments come from. There are a number of alliances that are considered weak-willed or militarily incapable which greatly hurts the image of a unified purple front.

ZOMG thank you so much for setting the record straight in admitting your playing the "ignorant and arrogant role". I seem to remember a sanctioned alliance or two getting rolled for that in the past...maybe Karma is catching up to ya?

ZOMG thank you so much for setting the record straight in admitting your playing the "ignorant and arrogant role". I seem to remember a sanctioned alliance or two getting rolled for that in the past...maybe Karma is catching up to ya?

I'm not sure if you are trying to be funny or if this post has some serious point to it. If its the later than I am baffled... -_-

I really have to ask this - do you have any clue what you say? Ever?