The Phoenix Federation Announcement

mhawk

To me, as an Ember in TPF, I think I speak for everyone of our members when we seek to reiterate our deepest, most sincere gratitude to the friends who stuck with us, and to those that have reached out in our moment of need. Because of your support, our alliance has survived, and will prosper.

It is enviable to help when it is easy, but true friendship when it is hard.

/o

- Avalon

- BAPS

- TOOL

- ML

- TSI

- AODB

- VA

- SNAFU

- NEW

- Invicta

- Valhalla

- FEAR

- BTO

- OSA

- MCXA

- Zenith

- 64D

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using the Iwo Jima flag is not cool. Other then that, congrats to all the award recipients, and to Mhawk

I can say, having talked to Airikr, he has the upmost respect for those who have served and are serving in wars and any issue from this was an honest and innocenet mistake rather than something sinister.

Anyways, congratulations to TPF.

Stumpy - you want a shout out/medal in every single thread that involves one or the other. :P

Edited by The AUT

Congratulations to the recipients of the awards.

[OOC] I don't see a problem with using the Iwo Jima flag, perhaps it would have been actually distasteful if they had used the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier or the Vietnam Memorial, or another symbol of casualties/loss to represent those fallen in CN, but the Iwo Jima flag is a memorial to a victory. [/OOC]

On behalf of members of the USMC, both active duty and retired, living and dead, I would like to give you a hearty raise of the middle finger for defacing a national monument to those who gave their lives in defense of this country with your ignorant little game related circle jerk.

You claim to have nothing but respect for the men who died at Iwo Jima and yet you liken the sacrifice of PIXELS in a GAME on a COMPUTER to the REAL sacrifices made by REAL men who gave their REAL lives and left REAL families with nothing but a scrap book of memories and folded flag.

You disgust me.

Every single one of you.

How dare you.

$%&@ your o/

(OOC Do not try and speak for anyone who has or currently serves. The fact you do not know TPF has many vets and current miltary serving even now in conflict shows just how foolish you are being. Speak for yourself but never declare yourself to speak for me or any other vet, ever.)

As for TPF well done as expected. You have fantastic allies and great members and as the Phoenix rises again its hunger will once again call to it.

Edited by The Big Bad

On behalf of members of the USMC, both active duty and retired, living and dead, I would like to give you a hearty raise of the middle finger for defacing a national monument to those who gave their lives in defense of this country with your ignorant little game related circle jerk.

You claim to have nothing but respect for the men who died at Iwo Jima and yet you liken the sacrifice of PIXELS in a GAME on a COMPUTER to the REAL sacrifices made by REAL men who gave their REAL lives and left REAL families with nothing but a scrap book of memories and folded flag.

You disgust me.

Every single one of you.

How dare you.

$%&@ your o/

LOL Once a senstive Marine always a senstive Marine.

Pogey Bait FTW!

So, which golden footprints did you stand in sis?

Whoops!

Edit:

Also Hail all them medal winners and kudos for a long hard job purdy darn well done.

IrishWolfie this peace ain't gonna last forever and you're on my list. It's gonna be ugly! (and fun) Keep a week open in 2011 (summer).

Son of Edit Returns:

Ribs? No one said anything about no ribs..... that changes things entire.

Edited by HalfEmpty

(OOC Do not try and speak for anyone who has or currently serves. The fact you do not know TPF has many vets and current miltary serving even now in conflict shows just how foolish you are being. Speak for yourself but never declare yourself to speak for me or any other vet, ever.)

As for TPF well done as expected. You have fantastic allies and great members and as the Phoenix rises again its hunger will once again call to it.

[ooc]Hear, Hear, Well said The Big Bad.....I smell someone earlier trying to use mock righteous outrage for pixel politics.......how ironic![/ooc]

I am sure the Phoenix already hungers once more.

Amen TBB I come from a long line of Military heroes and served myself and this squidbrain does not speak for me either and my Grandfather was WWII hero with 1 silver star, 3 bronze, and 4 purple hearts with oak leaf cluster...o/ TPF

Unless you have a BA, MA & PhD of Coolology from Cool University your opinion about what is cool or not cool is a meaningless one. The rest of your post is cool.

Regards

alterego BA, MA, PhD

Just like your opinion on his post was meaningless.

Congrats to all those who got medals, and while I think it wasn't the smartest move to use the [ooc]Iwo Jima Memorial as a way to signify all this, it is after all a game and I believe that TPF has used the image before.[/ooc]

Congratulations to the recipients of the awards.

[OOC] I don't see a problem with using the Iwo Jima flag, perhaps it would have been actually distasteful if they had used the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier or the Vietnam Memorial, or another symbol of casualties/loss to represent those fallen in CN, but the Iwo Jima flag is a memorial to a victory. [/OOC]

[ooc]They didn't win.[/ooc]

Edited by James Wilson

Congratulations to all those awarded.

I'm very happy to see dasquared, igotsacane, broggyman, crackshot, Link Gaetz, Aquilos and Flight on that list (not to forget Admir, Cosmoski, Zapeta and Fop). You guys deserve this recognition for your hard work and dedication. :)

Finally, where is HalfEmpty? <_<

Standing over behind me.. eating my ribs SB :)

oo/ tpf

Seriously though, you were (mostly) great opponents. Enjoy having freedom in a little bit.

I'll have to echo this. The vast majority of TPF folks I fought/encountered/dealt with during the war were good sports about everything. Hope you get your reps paid of with little hassle.

You disgust me.

Every single one of you.

How dare you.

$%&@ your o/

Sorry sir, but what are you talking about?

OOC: Keep your OOC in the OOC sections this is IC. Real world never happened here, it is all fiction. And the used a image for illustration edit it and in IC it loses all OOC value.

YOU DO NOT SOLVE PROBLEMS BY SWEARING, PRESENT A ALTERNATIVE IMAGE THAT CAN BE USED!

Edited by xoindotnler

Sorry sir, but what are you talking about?

OOC: Keep your OOC in the OOC sections this is IC. Real world never happened here, it is all fiction. And the used a image for illustration edit it and in IC it loses all OOC value.

YOU DO NOT SOLVE PROBLEMS BY SWEARING, PRESENT A ALTERNATIVE IMAGE THAT CAN BE USED!

OOC: I'm not sure that's true, but a discussion of that probably doesn't belong here.

IC: Please see my press secretary for a snarky comment relating to the topic of this announcement.