An STA announcement

And yet, when your claims were refuted, you swung back with "well you're only responding because I'm from Valhalla". Seriously Hal, when you say stupid !@#$, you're not going to get the most courteous, serious, or professional response in return. Especially when you continue to assume that you know what goes on in the minds of people who you know nothing about.

I'm sorry, I'm finished commenting on this thread. Good day to you.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

History indicates that we support our treaty partners, sometimes to the determent to ourselves. BTW, this is really all you needed to say about the subject of your relations with NSO--I would have accept this and moved on unlike Starfox--but then you hit the wall coming out of turn 4 below...

Well, first off STA doesnt have to make any public statement about its feelings on any actions of NSO. That kind of goes along with those treaties. That stays between us and them. Your attempt to try and drag it out of STA by purposefully making false statements is very obvious.

Since you want to take shots at us, it is my turn to take a shot at your alliance in return. You say you support your treaty partners? Why did you not support Molon Labe when we attacked them?

That insult was REALLY boring when people with only the most fringe involvement in the Karma War until 1-2 months before it happened threw it around, and it is has grown even more boring with each passing day. That you, someone at one time I held in rather high esteem for your grace and honor in defeat, would continue to throw it around lessens you in my eyes. You are simply better than that, or at least I thought you were.

Uh oh...someone purposefully making false statements about STA thinks less of us. You expect anyone to care?

I simply don't see the point any longer of trying to have a rational conversation about it. I did not present evidence simply because all I really wanted was a clarification of your position vis a vis NSO, not a lengthy debate about, "what did you mean when you said this?".

BTW, this was that clarification:

Next time, go with the straight answer. It works better.

You never came here for a rational conversation. You came here expecting to be able to pull something that was not going to happen. If all you wanted was a clarification of such you would have come directly to STA about it instead of bringing it forward on the OWF. I know all about that.

Can't any FB alliance announce anything without the discussion turning towards NSO? :P

I mean sure, nobody likes NSO, but that's no reason to whine about them to their allies. I mean what will yall achieve, not like STA will ever drop a treaty because a few people complain, and not like NSO is going to take tutoring from others about how to run their own alliance.

Well, there would be IRC where people generally alert us to any issues regarding the STA. I'd wonder about the quality of an ally who entertained such rumours without alerting us to those rumours and who was spreading them.

This is where my hatred of IRC diplomacy comes into play I guess. Just different styles I suppose. I feel that proper diplomacy is for forums and IRC is for making fun of people, goofing around, and planning with existing allies.

If our allies wish to believe those who wish to slither into their midsts and spout off horrible things about us then let them. They really do not know us that well anyways and we all just saw what happens between allies that dont really know or care about each other that much.

You put more stock in such attempts obviously then our leadership does. Difference of opinion is all it is.

I take stock in such things because they work. This is a world of politics, and image is key in politics. If you aren't manging your image then who is? And yes, it's just a difference of opinion. Just throwing mine out there though.

Can't any FB alliance announce anything without the discussion turning towards NSO? :P

I mean sure, nobody likes NSO, but that's no reason to whine about them to their allies. I mean what will yall achieve, not like STA will ever drop a treaty because a few people complain, and not like NSO is going to take tutoring from others about how to run their own alliance.

I like the NSO. I bet their other allies and friends do as well. Making incorrect blanket statements does nothing to make your points more valid.

I like the NSO. I bet their other allies and friends do as well. Making incorrect blanket statements does nothing to make your points more valid.

NV doesn't like ANY of STA's allies, actually.

)): NSO )):

I think Hal has a notebook somewhere with pre-written responses, and he uses them even though they have absolutely no relevance and make no sense to the discussion at hand.

"YEAH well STA hates everyone but Frostbite!"

"No, we don't, and your remarks are way off-base."

"OMG you're just saying that because I'm in Valhalla and you hate us!"

Honestly, do you ever listen to yourself?

NV doesn't like ANY of STA's allies, actually.

)): NSO )):

But you said you liked our sith chocolate chip cookies :(

Starcraftmazter making a fool of himself, check

Congratulations, sir. Like many others, I will be interested to see how this approach works out. I can understand how foreign ambassadors seem extraneous from a political standpoint (as they often are not decision-makers), but from a community standpoint I think they can be helpful. Often times, alliances simply don't know much about one another, and dispatching ambassadors can help cover some of that distance. I feel like ambassadors help you determine what communities you get along with and which ones not so much, but at least with your new approach, people will have to actively seek your friendship.

Best of luck with the new post and the new approach.

I actually often find that what happens is people fine they like or dislike that ambassador, that really has nothing to do with the alliance as a whole.

Far too often many treaties are signed based on either just .gov interaction, or liking an ambassador.

I like this route.

I've never forced a conversation in my diplomatic life.

Some people dont know how to carry on coversations though, and its always good to get to know other people in other alliances.

A Shame, but also an understandable viewpoint.