Imperial Decree from the New Pacific Order

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, this really needs to stop.

NPO defines permazi differently. They think it means being on a ZI list FOREVER.

Not until an alliance leader decides to let you off. Forever.

So can we please stop arguing over the whole ZI/PZI/EZI thing? Moo emptied the NPO's ZI list, so however you define ZI, permazi, whatever, is moot, as NPO isn't doing it to anyone.

So wait, its only EZI/PZI if in 10 million years your still on their ZI list?

Second, Moo claimed they had NEVER practiced EZI/PZI in the OP. And yet the NPO clearly followed people through rerolls and put them on indefinite ZI. The only reason the list got cleared was because of the massive negative PR that started being associated with it in May. Virtually every alliance in the game started condemning it. The list clear had nothing to do with NPO realizing it is was wrong.

Yes, there was proof; the Orders (I forget which one found out first) found out IIRC when someone in GATO was told and immediately left GATO and reported that CK was back.

So they could PZI or EZI him?

Yes, there was proof; the Orders (I forget which one found out first) found out IIRC when someone in GATO was told and immediately left GATO and reported that CK was back.

You wouldn't happen to know specifically who this person was would you?

I'd certainly like to know why he betrayed GATO and hung us out to dry.

So they could PZI or EZI him?

C_K was not allowed to be a member of GATO government, as a condition of some war or other. C_K left the game, and the person who played that character returned as another character.

As to who reported this, it was announced somewhere.

You wouldn't happen to know specifically who this person was would you?

I'd certainly like to know why he betrayed GATO and hung us out to dry.

No, I don't know anymore.

At the time I had not so much access to information. Mostly I was getting my info from a few people in GATO and ODN.

However it's worth noting that there were a lot of CK haters inside GATO. I got a few reports of people going, basically, "CK is back? WHAT ARE WE DOING?"

No, I don't know anymore.

At the time I had not so much access to information. Mostly I was getting my info from a few people in GATO and ODN.

However it's worth noting that there were a lot of CK haters inside GATO. I got a few reports of people going, basically, "CK is back? WHAT ARE WE DOING?"

Then it should have been us who dealt with him, is so many people within GATO hated him then we should have handed him straight over to the NPO.

The only word I ever got about this was 'set your nations to DEFCON 1, the Pacificans are going to use C_K as an excuse to beat the !@#$ out of us' or something along those lines anyway.

NpO and... oh, would you look at that, Ragnarok!
Polar used a viceroy once, and that was on an ally who otherwise would've been rolled and destroyed.
Nice, I can do it and it is ok, but when they do it then it is bad. Can we say hypocrite?
You're ignoring the part where Tygaland differentiated the type of Viceroy he was, and the types of Viceroy that NPO subsequently used after him.

So no, he's not a hypocrite.

The GATO War was spearheaded by NPO who, for whatever reason, wanted to have a rerun of 2007 and kill "the old enemy."

Then it should have been us who dealt with him, is so many people within GATO hated him then we should have handed him straight over to the NPO.

Yeah, that's what should have happened.

Instead GATO leadership proceeded to engage in a series of really dumb moves, which in part led to the situation we have here today.

I think your very mistaken in assuming most people posting have read the majority of this thread.

Hey, I did :v:

Speedreading is :awesome:

I think your very mistaken in assuming most people posting have read the majority of this thread.

I am forced to admit I read it all. Not sure if I remember it all, some of that reading was around the 2 am mark >_>.

On to more relevant matters however, I think we can all agree, regardless of what side, that running away from the negotiating table and onto the OWF never helped anyone. This announcement and thread (and the lifting of the gag order to fill it with NPO members) was at best a PR plot gone terribly wrong, and at worst a horrible blunder from a man simply compounding the blunder that got him in this position in the first place.

The terms are what the are, and like every other alliance faced with this choice in CN history they can either take the term or continue fighting. But to attempt to claim these terms are designed to be refused is to be wilfully ignorant, for one thing, if we wanted them to be refused we'd have at least included wonder decoms, I mean seriously, the terms may not be nice but they are well short of anything that would be presented had we actually desired to force you to turn them down.

Right now your community is hurting, you are slowly but steadily losing members while your allies bleed at your side. As the war continues your community is in fact being destroyed. Take the terms and your stats will go down, go down sharply, the NPO will be a shadow of its former glory, but it will still be there.

Or is your pride and your stats more important to you than your community?

On to more relevant matters however, I think we can all agree, regardless of what side, that running away from the negotiating table and onto the OWF never helped anyone.

Yes, it did.

I'm going to boldly state that it helped the Siberian Tiger Alliance when Valhalla offered them terms last summer.

Yes, it did.

I'm going to boldly state that it helped the Siberian Tiger Alliance when Valhalla offered them terms last summer.

I was not here for that, can I plead the exception that proves the rule? Err no that would be Vox wouldn't it?

Ahhh.. snookered.

Ok it usually doesn't help.

Then RV is extremely talented, had me wanting to throw my keyboard through my monitor :awesome:

I thought that was the case. Otherwise his sig is quite confusing.

Oh god. You know nothing. Please stop talking.

The terms leave a very large possibility of either eternal war, or payment impossibility (as a possible side effect of the 90% exacerbates the 100 tech clause). If these loopholes are closed, the reps would still be reproachable, but then you'd be correct. The GATO order was rescinded.

This is awesome in a way. Looks like you are afraid of yourselves. See, using loopholes in terms to justify eternal war is something YOU guys would do. It is not something Karma intends to do, although I see why you are afraid, since Karma seems to be doing to you what you have done to others. Doesnt feel very good does it?

Why dont you guys just TRY to pay the reps, after the period of war. If you can not pay, in good faith, and Karma declares on you again, you win the PR battle. This is not going to work out in your favor no matter how you look at it. Take the terms, then complain about them when and if you actually can not pay. Until you go to war, you dont know exactly how much you will lose, or how much Karma will take off the reps. And, until you try to pay the reps you can not say it will take years, as it doesnt seem that way to many of us. Just take the terms and give it a shot. Is that not better than continuing a losing war? What is it that you think you are going to achieve or gain in continuing this?

I am forced to admit I read it all. Not sure if I remember it all, some of that reading was around the 2 am mark >_>.

On to more relevant matters however, I think we can all agree, regardless of what side, that running away from the negotiating table and onto the OWF never helped anyone. This announcement and thread (and the lifting of the gag order to fill it with NPO members) was at best a PR plot gone terribly wrong, and at worst a horrible blunder from a man simply compounding the blunder that got him in this position in the first place.

The terms are what the are, and like every other alliance faced with this choice in CN history they can either take the term or continue fighting. But to attempt to claim these terms are designed to be refused is to be wilfully ignorant, for one thing, if we wanted them to be refused we'd have at least included wonder decoms, I mean seriously, the terms may not be nice but they are well short of anything that would be presented had we actually desired to force you to turn them down.

Right now your community is hurting, you are slowly but steadily losing members while your allies bleed at your side. As the war continues your community is in fact being destroyed. Take the terms and your stats will go down, go down sharply, the NPO will be a shadow of its former glory, but it will still be there.

Or is your pride and your stats more important to you than your community?

The game is stats, if the NPO wanted to exist as some online community with no relation to the game they could but they are an alliance in the game. Their existence relies on existing in the game.

With these terms, no rebuilding can be done at all for every NPO nation save the 50 or so that have sizable warchests. They go beyond asking the losing alliance to stagnate or remain broken but ask for further damage and reparations that would force servitude for indefinite period.

The 14 days of war will simply leave most of the unable to recover, perhaps even risking bill lock.

Don't let vengeance blind your judgment. These terms were carefully written to be refused and leave some room as to not invoke too much outrage.