Karma POW

Uhh, Londo, who's actually one of the leaders of the alliances at war with NPO, confirmed mhawk's statement in this very thread.
Uh...no he didn't. Londo, who is not just an NPO-front alliance leader, but one of the few people at the top of Karma and therefore someone I worked with quite a bit, was only referring to peace terms. Mhawk's statement is that NPO (except he dances around the actual name) tried and failed to contact Karma Leadership but did not know who to talk to, and in fact was told there was no such thing. This cannot possibly be true because Karma Leadership (identifying itself as such) has contacted and talked to NPO's IO several times in the course of this war.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a threat towards former POWs?

Is IRON really in any position to be issuing threats, however vague they may be?

Not a threat, grasping at straws, they can deny whomever they wish from entrance, you shall not pass, etc.

Good luck to the Karma POW's.

Right, because after telling someone they're not welcome some place, and wishing them good luck while adding "you'll need it" is never, ever, ever threatening. You're right, and ever so wise, bobby j.

Sorry to intrude Bob, but I think I know what was meant. By surrendering from IRON so quickly instead of defending their alliance, they may have trouble getting into other alliances. That's the way I read it anyway.

QUOTE (FinsterBaby @ Jun 10 2009, 02:06 PM) *

Notice to former IRON members who decided to surrender and become POW's:

Don't come home. You're not welcome.

Good luck to you, you'll need it.

Yeah, definitely no threat there. :blink:

Good luck former POWs, there is no dishonor in surrendering, no matter your reasons and no matter what you read here from your so-called friends or foes.

Also, a hearty well done to those who released them even as the war rages on.

Citizens of Bob,

Karma POW AA is now free to be recruited from. Those in the AA are free to go to any alliance not currently at war with Karma Forces. These alliances are:

New Pacific Order (NPO)

The Pheonix Federation (TPF)

Echelon

64 Digits

Avalon

Anyone else I happened to forget.

If anyone returns to these alliances, you will be engaged.

To all those that are Karma POW, I hearby release you with the best wishes, and a salute. Go about your lives on Bob in an honorable fashion. Also remember friends>pixels, find a place where you are friends with your alliance mates.

EDIT: We're still accepting POW's from those still at war. I will make another post the next time we release POW's for the new ones that come in. Also those that fled early will still be dealt with (you know who you are).

EDIT: Karma POW AA is still under protection of Karma Forces. There is to be no raiding on it.

Cheers and Beers,

Signed:

Death Incarnate, The Wrath of Karma, LiquidMercury

Karma Incarnate, The Voice of Karma, Archon

Freedom Incarnate, The King of Karma, Methrage

Now its official, congrats to all being released. B)

Right, because after telling someone they're not welcome some place, and wishing them good luck while adding "you'll need it" is never, ever, ever threatening. You're right, and ever so wise, bobby j.

What finster means is that since they were PoWs they will have trouble finding new alliances because they deserted their alliance. Oh and trust me attacking a protected group of karma while we are under karmas protection is not something we are plotting to do.

This is all very interesting to me. During TSI's reps talk, I was assured by one of Karma's leadership that Poison Clan had nothing to do with Karma, so they couldn't do much with helping us with reps talk. Now the two of them are high command?

I guess even Karma's confused on this one.

What finster means is that since they were PoWs they will have trouble finding new alliances because they deserted their alliance. Oh and trust me attacking a protected group of karma while we are under karmas protection is not something we are plotting to do.

That's complete !@#$%^&* and you know it. PoWs have NEVER had trouble finding new alliances, so don't try and tell me that's what he meant when that's not even close to the truth.

That's complete !@#$%^&* and you know it. PoWs have NEVER had trouble finding new alliances, so don't try and tell me that's what he meant when that's not even close to the truth.

The alternative explanation being....they're going to hunt everyone down and attack them? If you'd like to make accusations and cast aspersions on someone, at least have the gall to actually come out and say what you're accusing them of, instead of just trying to vaguely chastise them for being malicious and bad.

And as always, all Karma POW's are welcome to join NSO. Everyone else is, too, if there was any confusion.

No, IRON is not going to hunt down POW's.

I know a number of alliances that look down upon former POW's. That's where the "You'll need it" comes from.

Far as I'm concerned, the former IRON members who were Karma POW's are Persona non Grata. They shouldn't even attempt to rejoin IRON.

That's all.

The alternative explanation being....they're going to hunt everyone down and attack them? If you'd like to make accusations and cast aspersions on someone, at least have the gall to actually come out and say what you're accusing them of, instead of just trying to vaguely chastise them for being malicious and bad.

And as always, all Karma POW's are welcome to join NSO. Everyone else is, too, if there was any confusion.

I did come out and say what I was accusing them of. I accused them of making threats against former members.

Did you miss that? Was that somehow not easy to see, or read? Would you like me to hold your hand and walk you through the post so you can see exactly what I said and know exactly what I meant?

I always say what I mean, and I always mean what I say. If I thought they were going to hunt every one of them down, if I thought they were in a position to do so, I'd have said so, that doesn't make what they say any less threatening.

No, IRON is not going to hunt down POW's.

I know a number of alliances that look down upon former POW's. That's where the "You'll need it" comes from.

Far as I'm concerned, the former IRON members who were Karma POW's are Persona non Grata. They shouldn't even attempt to rejoin IRON.

That's all.

And yet you have NSO and CoIN being vultures in this thread trying to get POWs.

Right. Right. They look down upon POWs.

I did come out and say what I was accusing them of. I accused them of making threats against former members.

Did you miss that? Was that somehow not easy to see, or read? Would you like me to hold your hand and walk you through the post so you can see exactly what I said and know exactly what I meant?

I always say what I mean, and I always mean what I say. If I thought they were going to hunt every one of them down, if I thought they were in a position to do so, I'd have said so, that doesn't make what they say any less threatening.

Hey there Mr. Condescension. "Threatening former members" is pretty damn vague. What threat are they making? I understand if you can't say what that threat is because the possibilities are all various degrees of ridiculous, but you're the one making these accusations, so don't let that get in the way, please.

And yet you have NSO and CoIN being vultures in this thread trying to get POWs.

Right. Right. They look down upon POWs.

You are also welcome to join. I wouldn't want you to feel jealous or anything.

Hey there Mr. Condescension. "Threatening former members" is pretty damn vague. What threat are they making? I understand if you can't say what that threat is because the possibilities are all various degrees of ridiculous, but you're the one making these accusations, so don't let that get in the way, please.

You are also welcome to join. I wouldn't want you to feel jealous or anything.

It's vague? read the post, "you'll need it" is a threat any way you want to slice it. You can turn a blind eye to it if you'd like, it would be kind of stupid to do so, especially if you were a former member, but hey, do what you want, big girls don't cry.

And, you probably don't know me, which is fine, I don't want to know you, but I've never once been shy about saying what I mean. If I meant it, I said it, but you can read into my posts all you want and try to tell me to grow a pair or whatever you said, I said what I meant already, you just chose to ignore it and get all high and mighty mr. former IRON leader.

But anyway, you have fun in NPO ultra light aka NSO, and good luck there, heft. You'll definitely need it.

Good luck former POWs, there is no dishonor in surrendering, no matter your reasons and no matter what you read here from your so-called friends or foes.

There are plenty of dishonorable reasons to surrender.

Anyone who feels they have a damn good reason to surrender would be welcome to apply to Kronos, but I am pretty sure you won't have a damn good reason to and so you should probably should not bother ;)

It's vague? read the post, "you'll need it" is a threat any way you want to slice it. You can turn a blind eye to it if you'd like, it would be kind of stupid to do so, especially if you were a former member, but hey, do what you want, big girls don't cry.

And, you probably don't know me, which is fine, I don't want to know you, but I've never once been shy about saying what I mean. If I meant it, I said it, but you can read into my posts all you want and try to tell me to grow a pair or whatever you said, I said what I meant already, you just chose to ignore it and get all high and mighty mr. former IRON leader.

But anyway, you have fun in NPO ultra light aka NSO, and good luck there, heft. You'll definitely need it.

It's only a threat if you assume operate under the view that alliances will accept PoWs willy nilly.

If you believe (as I understand Finster to) that PoWs are not honorable/etc and unlikely to be accepted to your alliance, you would also consider wishing luck in finding alliances because you would not think that most alliances would accept them.

It's only a threat if you assume operate under the view that alliances will accept PoWs willy nilly.

If you believe (as I understand Finster to) that PoWs are not honorable/etc and unlikely to be accepted to your alliance, you would also consider wishing luck in finding alliances because you would not think that most alliances would accept them.

Wow, I wanna live in your reality.

You know as much as I do that that's a verrrry big stretch of the imagination. If he truly wished them luck, instead of wanting to make the cower and tremble or whatever he was going for, he'd not have added "you'll need it" at the end.

I wish kronos luck, ender land. You'll need it.

See? that's threatening. Don't try and tell me that's not.

p.s. war tonight? my place? I'll bring flowers for you <3

Are you trying to use the "You're like them!" tactic now? While I am capable of appreciating the irony of the NPO now being the boogeyman of the masses, and regularly invoked as some sort of smear, as well as the irony of an alliance with the collective personal history of the NSO being accused of being "NPO lite," and while I can find the fundamental misunderstanding that requires someone to seriously make such an accusation amusing rather than troubling, I would have to suggest that you try avoiding such statements in the future, lest I be forced to cut your cat. And you need that cat.

Wow, I wanna live in your reality.

You know as much as I do that that's a verrrry big stretch of the imagination. If he truly wished them luck, instead of wanting to make the cower and tremble or whatever he was going for, he'd not have added "you'll need it" at the end.

I wish kronos luck, ender land. You'll need it.

See? that's threatening. Don't try and tell me that's not.

If you were operating under the assumption that no alliance would accept PoWs, you might also consider adding a "you'll need it" response to a "good luck."

Your example is flawed because there is no similar preconception about Kronos as Finster has regarding PoWs (unless you expect us to get rolled or something). In this context I see nothing threatening from that, however, obviously context has a lot to do with the meaning of that phrase. I happen to know (or at least remember this, perhaps it is false) that Finster despises PoWs and those who surrender during war and would be predispositioned against them as a whole, not just those from IRON.

p.s. war tonight? my place? I'll bring flowers for you <3

I need a few days to get out of nuke anarchy :awesome:

Are you trying to use the "You're like them!" tactic now? While I am capable of appreciating the irony of the NPO now being the boogeyman of the masses, and regularly invoked as some sort of smear, as well as the irony of an alliance with the collective personal history of the NSO being accused of being "NPO lite," and while I can find the fundamental misunderstanding that requires someone to seriously make such an accusation amusing rather than troubling, I would have to suggest that you try avoiding such statements in the future, lest I be forced to cut your cat. And you need that cat.

No, I just think you're a poor substitute for the NPO is all.

I think that was fairly clear in what I said, since I called you NPO ultra light. You read into my posts way too much there, Mr. former IRON leader. You're reaching, it's fun to watch, but man, you're reaching so much.

Trust me, reading further into what I say is a waste of your time, because I always leave everything out in the open. Good luck with your NPO substitute though, I mean, yeah.. great job there. Again, you'll need it.