Karma POW

Are you referring to the pre-terms?

He might be referring to conversations had that you have zero part of and look the fool for talking out of your arse about. Just a guess, though.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loose structure is loose structure. If you need to get in contact the easiest and most simple way to go about it is query me or archon and we will put you in touch with the proper people you need to be in touch with while most likely overseeing/mediating any differences. Yatzhe?

I'd like to know who that gentleman was, given that in relevant discussions yesterday the exact opposite sentiment was expressed.

Really, though, it has been expressed repeatedly that any sort of Karma High Command was involved in higher level planning and execution only. If you want to rant and rave at anyone, point it at all of the microalliances who whined and complained to anyone that would listen that their sovereignty was being infringed upon and that they would rather die a 1000 deaths than having an overarching command structure. They're the reason you don't have a unified body to speak to. Sure, there were a number of larger alliances also involved in this, but for some reason they don't stick out in my mind as much.

That is why you noticed my role diminished as the war dragged on - it got tiring to have a bunch of ingrates complaining for the sake of hearing their own voice. So again - if you want to express your frustration at anyone, direct it to them. :)

That being said, renewed efforts have been made to get peace moving along on all fronts, and actually prior to your posting began in this thread great strides were taken on the NPO front. As TPF has expressed a disinterest in any sort of discussion until the NPO is out, we're pretty much waiting on you over here in MK/PC/NV/etc land.

Oh yeah I'm not talking about TPF having issues. We havn't even tried for peace yet. I was just asking for some relevant allies :P

As I said later, I can fully sympathize with trying to get everyone on the same page, when I took over TPF and went around for some vox guys, that was hard enough with just 12-14 alliances to get on message. However when some guys tell us they've been trying to surrender for 3 weeks and no one will sit down with them, then an OP gets posted saying they havn't even been contacted, there is quite a bit of confusion somewhere. Thanks for clarifying.

I would say there is a difference between someone like Wolverine who abandons every alliance he is in BEFORE a war breaks out, and people who surrender after taking massive damage. (terms usually aren't even given till at least 1 or 2 rounds are done).

You are thinking of Christian Trojans, or the late Action Jeff.

Wolverine waited until about 24 hours before surrendering ;)

In this war yes, but, he fled the FCC when the prospect of war even came with GGA over the UJA drama...

And he's done it to others as well.

oh man, christian trojans is legendary. Im not sure why he escaped attack by changing AA's after the DoW... <_<

Oh yeah I'm not talking about TPF having issues. We havn't even tried for peace yet. I was just asking for some relevant allies :P

As I said later, I can fully sympathize with trying to get everyone on the same page, when I took over TPF and went around for some vox guys, that was hard enough with just 12-14 alliances to get on message. However when some guys tell us they've been trying to surrender for 3 weeks and no one will sit down with them, then an OP gets posted saying they havn't even been contacted, there is quite a bit of confusion somewhere. Thanks for clarifying.

If they surrendered to Karma PoW, they would have been free by now. :rolleyes:

If they surrendered to Karma PoW, they would have been free by now. :rolleyes:

Funy you should mention that cuz I was just thinking NPO should have all surrendered individually.

Edited by Roadie

Well, as demonstrated above, it's not unclear at all, and never has been. The "contradictory" information is simply from NPO telling him lies. They especially have known who we are from the beginning, as we have initiated contact with them several times. It's just more hogwash.

Uhh, Londo, who's actually one of the leaders of the alliances at war with NPO, confirmed mhawk's statement in this very thread.

Mind not vulturing a POW release thread?

Yes, because it's so disrespectful to ... uhhh who exactly? :)

oh man, christian trojans is legendary. Im not sure why he escaped attack by changing AA's after the DoW... <_<

He was on the initial target lists for being apart of NPO during their attack on OV. Have at him :P only people that have a legit reason to hit are people that are currently at war with NPO.

Yes, because it's so disrespectful to ... uhhh who exactly? :)

Did I say it was disrespectful? I don't think I did. I said it makes him look bad - it's kind of like a watered-down version of the people who do things like that in disbandment messages. It makes them look like they're desperately scrabbling for warm bodies and NS. Not a great way to do things.

Kindly do try to actually read my post before replying. I don't suppose that would be too much effort, would it? :)

Edited by Aurion

Did I say it was disrespectful? I don't think I did. I said it makes him look bad - it's kind of like a watered-down version of the people who do things like that in disbandment messages. It makes them look like they're desperately scrabbling for warm bodies and NS. Not a great way to do things.

Kindly do try to actually read my post before replying. I don't suppose that would be too much effort, would it? :)

Whether something looks bad or not is up to the individual reader. Frankly, I think an invitation in the POW freedom thread looks, well, friendly; in a world where so many comments (posts) are decidedly unfriendly it is refreshing to see rulers being nice to folks they don't know.

Whether something looks bad or not is up to the individual reader. Frankly, I think an invitation in the POW freedom thread looks, well, friendly; in a world where so many comments (posts) are decidedly unfriendly it is refreshing to see rulers being nice to folks they don't know.

Suppose that's just a matter of personal opinion, then. To be fair to TUF, the one I quoted was much better than the first one posted.

I'd wish the former inhabitants of the POW AA all the best, but my personal feelings on anyone who abandons their alliance during the middle of a war, particularly a war that their alliance will and/or did survive, is ambivalent at best.

Is this a threat towards former POWs?

Is IRON really in any position to be issuing threats, however vague they may be?

Its not a threat, come now, they are telling deserters to not join their alliance preemptively. It keeps all of those Prisoners of War from getting their hopes up, and clogging up their application forums.

Good luck to all PoWs.