Karma POW

If you were operating under the assumption that no alliance would accept PoWs, you might also consider adding a "you'll need it" response to a "good luck."

Your example is flawed because there is no similar preconception about Kronos as Finster has regarding PoWs (unless you expect us to get rolled or something). In this context I see nothing threatening from that, however, obviously context has a lot to do with the meaning of that phrase. I happen to know (or at least remember this, perhaps it is false) that Finster despises PoWs and those who surrender during war and would be predispositioned against them as a whole, not just those from IRON.

I need a few days to get out of nuke anarchy :awesome:

Well, good for finster. If he truly wished them luck though, he'd have not done it in a threatening manner.

Also you're probably way out of my range if you're in nuke anarchy :P, I'm only about 17k.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I just think you're a poor substitute for the NPO is all.

I think that was fairly clear in what I said, since I called you NPO ultra light. You read into my posts way too much there, Mr. former IRON leader. You're reaching, it's fun to watch, but man, you're reaching so much.

Trust me, reading further into what I say is a waste of your time, because I always leave everything out in the open. Good luck with your NPO substitute though, I mean, yeah.. great job there. Again, you'll need it.

That's not what "NPO ultra light" means, and it makes even less sense than what I assumed you meant.

That's not what "NPO ultra light" means, and it makes even less sense than what I assumed you meant.

Right, because light ranch dressing isn't a substitute for ranch dressing, and a poor one at that. So calling you NPO ultra light doesn't mean I think you're a poor substitute for the NPO.

you're right, I'll go slink away now, having been shamed by such an awesome player as yourself.

[edit? yes]

seriously, I got things to do though, I gotta work on my spaceship and fix the quasar pulse deathray 2.0, things been off the hook lately and not in the good way. It's been nice talking to you, babydoll <3

I'll send you some flowers later.

Edited by astronaut jones

Well, good for finster. If he truly wished them luck though, he'd have not done it in a threatening manner.

Also you're probably way out of my range if you're in nuke anarchy :P, I'm only about 17k.

I guess part of it is that I know finster, and trust me, I know what a threat from him sounds like, and that was not it :awesome:

Yeah I'm about 80k or so, it keeps fluctuating with nukings and raids and such :P I might be on a NS reduction program for the next few months though, we'll have to see -_-

edit: raincheck astronaut?

Edited by ender land

Right, because light ranch dressing isn't a substitute for ranch dressing, and a poor one at that. So calling you NPO ultra light doesn't mean I think you're a poor substitute for the NPO.

Ultra light is a weight division in some boxing/MMA organizations. That's what I thought when you said it. Which does not mean they are less or a substitute, but just different.

Edit: yes i know it's ultra lightweight

Edited by Infidel Israeli

you're right, I'll go slink away now, having been shamed by such an awesome player as yourself.

[edit? yes]

seriously, I got things to do though, I gotta work on my spaceship and fix the quasar pulse deathray 2.0, things been off the hook lately and not in the good way. It's been nice talking to you, babydoll <3

I'll send you some flowers later.

Alright, I gotta go find where I put those plans for that space station anyway.

Ultra light is a weight division in some boxing/MMA organizations. That's what I thought when you said it. Which does not mean they are less or a substitute, but just different.

Edit: yes i know it's ultra lightweight

trust me, there is no ultralight division in boxing or mma. trust me :)

It's not popular, a few rings around where I live have it. Replaces feather weight. Idk why they decided to change the name for only their rings either. But, have not heard of ultra light ranch dressing either ;)

Edit: I can't spell

Edited by Infidel Israeli

It's not popular, a few rings around where I live have it. Replaces feather weight. Idk why they decided to change the name for only their rings either. But, have not heard of ultra light ranch dressing either ;)

Edit: I can't spell

strawweight is the lowest it goes, and off the top of my head that's 105-108lbs. but yeah, enough of that ooc stuff. Space boxing has a super-duper heavyweight division, 450lbs-625lbs

My spaceship is dope.

strawweight is the lowest it goes, and off the top of my head that's 105-108lbs.

Yah I know it. Didn't say it should be that, I've just heard a couple rings neer me call it that. Idk if it's as low as strawweight though. Either way, boxing arguments can come later XD I'm still trying to find this ultra light ranch dressing :P

Yah I know it. Didn't say it should be that, I've just heard a couple rings neer me call it that. Idk if it's as low as strawweight though. Either way, boxing arguments can come later XD I'm still trying to find this ultra light ranch dressing :P

I said light ranch dressing, and I used ultra light to imply that they're an incredibly poor substitute, and not merely a regularly poor substitute.

Heft is going to need all the luck he can get.

\X/ toss it up.

This thread started out about karma pows release, went on to NPO peace terms and is now on ranch dressing. I like where this thread is going.

I think PB would be a more hilarious place if every thread eventually devolved into a thread about various food products.

edited because I forgot the y on every.

Interesting.

I didn't know permission was needed to recruit from the PoW status ranks, as we have been doing it for some time now.

But, by and large, a good announcement.

To those referring to the NSO as "vultures", all I really have to say is so? What of it? I have said several times that in times of war those that quit are very often the victims of poor leadership instead of poor resolve.

Perhaps a change of venue and an introduction to charisma will lead to broader avenues for those that left their previous alliances in times of war.

Interesting.

I didn't know permission was needed to recruit from the PoW status ranks, as we have been doing it for some time now.

To those referring to the NSO as "vultures", all I really have to say is so? What of it? I have said several times that in times of war those that quit are very often the victims of poor leadership instead of poor resolve.

Perhaps a change of venue and an introduction to charisma will lead to broader avenues for those that left their previous alliances in times of war.

As long as you own it, I don't really care what you do. You own to recruiting from POW, that's all you need to do, own it and you can do it as far as I'm concerned.

It's those who don't own up to what they do, well.. anyway.

Interesting.

I myself find it interesting and amusing that the charade of Karma is still played out. Karma came, and karma has moved on yet Karma still attempts to remain. Having the leaders of two alliances still actively trying to speak for many other alliances at this point does not seem productive nor does it seem representative.

Things should go back to having a signatory for each alliance that agrees to these statements in the OP. Backdoor meetings were slammed when the hegemony did it and they should still be slammed. Who exactly agreed to this statement? Not that it is a bad one but I personally do not follow Archon, although he is an ally, nor do I follow liquid yet some still consider STA part of Karma. Is everyone else happy with seeing just these two speaking for all of us?

I myself find it interesting and amusing that the charade of Karma is still played out. Karma came, and karma has moved on yet Karma still attempts to remain. Having the leaders of two alliances still actively trying to speak for many other alliances at this point does not seem productive nor does it seem representative.

Things should go back to having a signatory for each alliance that agrees to these statements in the OP. Backdoor meetings were slammed when the hegemony did it and they should still be slammed. Who exactly agreed to this statement? Not that it is a bad one but I personally do not follow Archon, although he is an ally, nor do I follow liquid yet some still consider STA part of Karma. Is everyone else happy with seeing just these two speaking for all of us?

Good call, these PoWs should have remained in the PoW status until the end of the world.

Good call, these PoWs should have remained in the PoW status until the end of the world.

Read again, if you do you might see where I actually do agree with the call but not with how it is being made. Your spin attempt fails due to blatently false spinning or ignorance. You choose.

Karma has been a joke for a long time now. I see nothing but hypocritical statements and behaviour from supposed karma members, trying to insulate themselves from any harm or backlash with self-righteousness and the absurd notion that they've actually accomplished to change anything.

Certain alliances, certain people, act just as those they've sought to overthrow, but attempt to play the PR game to their advantage, and hope that people won't notice that things are exactly as they were before, they still act exactly the same (oh goody though, no PZI anymore. who cares), but because it's not the NPO and friends that it's okay.

Karma has been a joke for a long time now. I see nothing but hypocritical statements and behaviour from supposed karma members, trying to insulate themselves from any harm or backlash with self-righteousness and the absurd notion that they've actually accomplished to change anything.

Certain alliances, certain people, act just as those they've sought to overthrow, but attempt to play the PR game to their advantage, and hope that people won't notice that things are exactly as they were before, they still act exactly the same (oh goody though, no PZI anymore. who cares), but because it's not the NPO and friends that it's okay.

Excuse me sir, but are you being hounded down on IRC? Have ZI threats come your way for your decision to speak out against Karma? Much has changed, whether or not you choose to see it is another matter.

Read again, if you do you might see where I actually do agree with the call but not with how it is being made. Your spin attempt fails due to blatently false spinning or ignorance. You choose.
I myself find it interesting and amusing that the charade of Karma is still played out. Karma came, and karma has moved on yet Karma still attempts to remain

Seems pretty clear.

Having the leaders of two alliances still actively trying to speak for many other alliances at this point does not seem productive nor does it seem representative.

It seems productive, as it got PoWs released. Also no one has complained in this thread so I fail to see how it is not representative.

Is everyone else happy with seeing just these two speaking for all of us?

When was the last announcement by "Karma" prior to this one?