Imperial Decree - New Polar Order

Aww no care for the little man? Use of sarcasm and appeal to the absurd to deflect questioning? How very similar to those alliances you and your allies are at war with, and in fact just canceled on...

Look, Hoping, if there's a contradiction in the post it's because you've interpreted it in a way it was not intended to be interpreted. I told you what it meant and you sounded satisfied with my answer and Grub doesn't care what you think anymore, so why are we still talking about this?

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"not for the amusement or benefit of anyone"

I read it. I comprehended it. Change anyone to public and I would have less of a problem with it. But as it stands there are many problems.

The only problem is where you are searching for meaning that does not exist to be found. Give it up, please.

Look, Hoping, if there's a contradiction in the post it's because you've interpreted it in a way it was not intended to be interpreted. I told you what it meant and you sounded satisfied with my answer and Grub doesn't care what you think anymore, so why are we still talking about this?

Maybe because you are quoting my posts and asking questions?

But seriously

I am satisfied with your answer. But the fact that Grub doesn't care anymore brings about even worse problems with this situation.

I read it. I comprehended it. Change anyone to public and I would have less of a problem with it. But as it stands there are many problems.

There's no contradictions here, it is painfully clear and has been repeatedly repeated. Grub is recommending that you hold whatever brilliant commentary you might have because it is not going to alter the situation, enlighten anyone, or probably even hit the mark at all. At the same time, he is recognizing that you are in fact able to comment if you so desire. There's nothing contradictory here except what Grub is saying and what you think he is saying.

OH WHAT A SURPRISE, you just ripped it out of context...again. I'm not gonna spell it out for you, anymore. I've already told you what Grub meant based on the context.

Anymore? Did he ever care?

Grub, did you ever care?

Honestly, I do care sometimes, but there comes a point when arguing a simple point with someone becomes pointless. If my OP is incomprehensible to him but everyone else understands, I can live with it.

As for the opinions of people I don't recognize, from an alliance I know the leadership well (all of whom understand the OP I might add), I just shake my head from this point on.

It is hard to express my thoughts on this without being too simplistic or too over dramatic. For me personally, this is a reminder that Polaris is still pure at heart. It's quite simply an act that should have happened literally years ago, and while the delay in removing this tie has cost much, more than can be summed up on in post, it is done. It is my sincere hope that the NPO knows what they have lost with this, and morns it. It's doubtful at this point though.

Polaris has never been anything but a tool to be used in the eyes of the Pacifican. To the Polar Soldier, the NPO was the best ally we had for so long. To the Pacifican Soldier Polaris was dirt. A step-child who was expected to be obedient and expect nothing in return. Respect has never been a two say street and every single soul who thought they could bring this relationship to balance has failed. Sponge, Assington, myself, and now Grub. Not that this is a failing on Grub's part. He failed at a task that can not be accomplished. His only fault was believing that there was some good left in the NPO.

Polaris has tolerated the NPO and their crap for so long that this is an almost anti-climatic end. May this treaty stay dead forever, and both parties move on to whatever their independent ends may be.

p.s. to those who wish to derail this thread with crap about Polaris not upholding their treaties, take it elsewhere. You are a flaming idiot if you think Polaris is a group that ignores the intent and the word of its treaties. That has never been the case in any era, and certainly not under Grub's rule.

And now you know exactly how \m/ feels about the NPO. We fought together, we bled together, but in the end when it wasn't convient we were cast aside so Pacifica could maintain ties with their other allies.

I understand what you mean here, and I do applaud you for stating it so openly.

You have thus summed up my thoughts on this situation, which is one reason I have quoted you.

Maybe because you are quoting my posts and asking questions?

But seriously

I am satisfied with your answer. But the fact that Grub doesn't care anymore brings about even worse problems with this situation.

Hey, I cared enough to clarify it for you and continue this conversation. That's got to be worth something, right?

Honestly, Hoping, you can't expect leaders to care about every critic that pops up on the forums; they'd never get any sleep. Sometimes, you'll just have to be satisfied with answers from those leaders' flippered friends.

It is hard to express my thoughts on this without being too simplistic or too over dramatic. For me personally, this is a reminder that Polaris is still pure at heart. It's quite simply an act that should have happened literally years ago, and while the delay in removing this tie has cost much, more than can be summed up on in post, it is done. It is my sincere hope that the NPO knows what they have lost with this, and morns it. It's doubtful at this point though.

Polaris has never been anything but a tool to be used in the eyes of the Pacifican. To the Polar Soldier, the NPO was the best ally we had for so long. To the Pacifican Soldier Polaris was dirt. A step-child who was expected to be obedient and expect nothing in return. Respect has never been a two say street and every single soul who thought they could bring this relationship to balance has failed. Sponge, Assington, myself, and now Grub. Not that this is a failing on Grub's part. He failed at a task that can not be accomplished. His only fault was believing that there was some good left in the NPO.

Polaris has tolerated the NPO and their crap for so long that this is an almost anti-climatic end. May this treaty stay dead forever, and both parties move on to whatever their independent ends may be.

p.s. to those who wish to derail this thread with crap about Polaris not upholding their treaties, take it elsewhere. You are a flaming idiot if you think Polaris is a group that ignores the intent and the word of its treaties. That has never been the case in any era, and certainly not under Grub's rule.

Basically that.

Polar pulled a move i actually like for once :o

I echo what Random has said.

I have fought for so long now for this to happen, to see Polaris free from this bondage, more than anything else. The reasons for this occurrence aside, the thing itself makes me unbelievably satisfied because in the end it came about because I was right -- we all were. The arrogance and presumption with which NpO was treated both before and after last August by the NPO is well met with this cancelation. I am glad we've reached the end of this road.

Grub, you have my utmost respect. Not just for this, but for everything you have done for Polar. I confess to having had my doubts but they have proven unfounded and though I occasionally disagree with you, you've proven to be amoung the wisest and most just leaders I've encountered. You won't need my well wishes.

Take care, Polaris.

Edit: modesty failed again :blush:

Edited by Doitzel

Well, its a bit different this time for me. The first dropping of ties between NPO and NpO and being on the inside of NPO it didnt really feel...final. This one definately does though. Had hoped that perhaps NPO was learning a bit of humility during this process. Obviously that is not the case. I can certainly understand how this was hard for NpO to finally do as I once considered Pacificans my brothers as well but had to finally end my own defensive pact with them. Once they consider you a traitor, no matter whether it be truth or not, you are always a traitor to them and you will be treated as such. Best wishes to my polar brethren in this and my honest best wishes to the body republic of the NPO. I don't know how much more you guys are willing to take before you sit up and take notice of how your nations are being led but you are about to lose everything. Not sure if a one alliance bloc has ever been done but that may end up happening.

I hope I have not gone too far and offended any polar brethren with my words here in your announcement, if so let me know and I shall retract.

o/ Polaris

This sums up exactly what my feelings are on this move.

o7 Polaris Rising

I was surprised when you re-signed with them so quickly after the last war. That showed that Polaris was prepared to give old friends the benefit of the doubt, and that is a good trait. But Pacifica really acted extremely rudely towards you (as towards its other allies) with its actions in this war, and showed that it didn't deserve the second chance you gave it.

The only surprise with this is that it did not happen the moment NPO jumped OV.

Good luck in your future as the big Order (well apart from those Paradoxians :o)!

Good luck, Polaris!!!!

To our longtime friends! To an alliance that has helped us in our times of need!

o/