Imperial Decree - New Polar Order

I echo what Random has said.

I have fought for so long now for this to happen, to see Polaris free from this bondage, more than anything else. The reasons for this occurrence aside, the thing itself makes me unbelievably satisfied because in the end it came about because I was right -- we all were. The arrogance and presumption with which NpO was treated both before and after last August by the NPO is well met with this cancelation. I am glad we've reached the end of this road.

Grub, you have my utmost respect. Not just for this, but for everything you have done for Polar. I confess to having had my doubts but they have proven unfounded and though I occasionally disagree with you, you've proven to be amoung the wisest and most just leaders I've encountered. You won't need my well wishes.

Take care, Polaris.

Edit: modesty failed again :blush:

What a lot of words you have used to say that you're happy to see another one of the NPO's allies jumping ship. I don't have any special love of the Reds nor do I fail to understand why the New Polar Order would cut their former masters loose. However, it irritates me to no end to read people saying how much "respect" they've gained for the AlmightyGrub, the NpO, or whoever else. Don't kid yourself, you don't "respect" Polaris or its emperor any more now than you did before. You're simply happy to watch another protective barrier fall before your enemies. If it were me in the AlmightyGrub's place, I would be insulted by your shallow compliments.

Edited by Tom Litler

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a lot of words you have used to say that you're happy to see another one of the NPO's allies jumping ship. I don't have any special love of the Reds nor do I fail to understand why the New Polar Order would cut their former masters loose. However, it irritates me to no end to read people saying how much "respect" they've gained for the AlmightyGrub, the NpO, or whoever else. Don't kid yourself, you don't "respect" Polaris or its emperor any more now than you did before. You're simply happy to watch another protective barrier fall before your enemies. If it were me in the AlmightyGrub's place, I would be insulted by your shallow compliments.

lol

I don't even know where to begin. That's some presumption you've got there, kiddo.

this is surprising only in its timing. A shared history can only carry you so far, and were it not for that, Im sure this treaty would have been canceled long ago. If it was signed at all.

polaris, i wish you the best of luck.

pacifica, i hope that someday i will want to wish you luck again.

Edited by Emperor Mccole

lol

I don't even know where to begin. That's some presumption you've got there, kiddo.

I'm glad that all you can do in the face of confrontation is belittle me. For a supposed "freedom fighter" who goes to war for the benefit of the lowly masses who have no voice, that is some ego you've got there, kiddo. Are you too important to answer me forthright? I fear that being a celebrity favorite of leaders the world over has gone to your head.

I couldn't help but post when Doitzel pointed this comment out to me. Just to spite you Tom: Hey Grub, you should be pissed that I'm congratulating you for what you did because I supposedly hate Pacifica.

I'm glad that all you can do in the face of confrontation is belittle me. For a supposed "freedom fighter" who goes to war for the benefit of the lowly masses who have no voice, that is some ego you've got there, kiddo. Are you too important to answer me forthright? I fear that being a celebrity favorite of leaders the world over has gone to your head.

You do realize that Doitzel used to be a leader at Polar, right?

You're the one that's commenting in ignorance on my dealings with AlmightyGrub, apparently completely unaware of either of our histories. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and I'll simply suggest that you help yourself before asking for correction from me. I haven't the desire nor the years required to indulge you. Suffice to say, your insinuation that my only reason for expressing respect for AlmightyGrub is contained in this announcement is incredibly amusing.

edit: grammer r gud

Edited by Doitzel

I couldn't help but post when Doitzel pointed this comment out to me. Just to spite you Tom: Hey Grub, you should be pissed that I'm congratulating you for what you did because I supposedly hate Pacifica.

You sure showed me! Oh wait, no you didn't. Your reply might have been clever if you took into account that in the case of Doitzel, there is no "supposedly" because being in Vox Populi and given his previous comments and actions, one can safely conclude that he does, without question, hate Pacifica.

You sure showed me! Oh wait, no you didn't. Your reply might have been clever if you took into account that in the case of Doitzel, there is no "supposedly" because being in Vox Populi and given his previous comments and actions, one can safely conclude that he does, without question, hate Pacifica.

I can't argue with that train of logic because apparently you know how Doitzel thinks and feels.

Things that are italicized in this post are most definitely false.

You do realize that Doitzel used to be a leader at Polar, right?

It doesn't matter who he was and it doesn't matter how well he knew AlmightyGrub before this announcement. The "respect" he claims to have gained for him as a consequence of the actions taken within this announcement is not respect at all but shallow gratitude for compliance with what Doitzel believes is the appropriate course of action. In fact, not exactly the appropriate course of action, just one that might hurt his enemies.

Do you have any idea why? If you traced this line of thought back some months you might get an inkling as to why I think Grub is better than sliced bread. Come now, aren't you Sith all about self-sufficiency? No more hints for you!

It doesn't matter who he was and it doesn't matter how well he knew AlmightyGrub before this announcement. The "respect" he claims to have gained for him as a consequence of the actions taken within this announcement is not respect at all but shallow gratitude for compliance with what Doitzel believes is the appropriate course of action. In fact, not exactly the appropriate course of action, just one that might hurt his enemies.
Grub, you have my utmost respect. Not just for this, but for everything you have done for Polar.

I can do an audio recording if you'd like since you are apparently blind. My voice is made for radio.

For those of you who will respond with announcements of spectacular foresight, incredible graphic sensibilities or overly astute political commentary, save it. The reasons for this cancellation are not the subject of public discussion, not for the amusement or benefit of anyone and are no cause for celebrations, despite your view point or agenda.

Yes. This has clearly worked. What a brilliant strategy for silencing the masses. I wonder why no one has used it before.

Arrogance and ignorance are bad foreign policy and you've displayed both here, overwhelming.

Yes. This has clearly worked. What a brilliant strategy for silencing the masses. I wonder why no one has used it before.

Arrogance and ignorance are bad foreign policy and you've displayed both here, overwhelming.

Please illuminate us as to how Grub has been either arrogant or ignorant. I'm not seeing it.

Please illuminate us as to how Grub has been either arrogant or ignorant. I'm not seeing it.

Pretending like he has any control over what anyone can and cannot discuss is both. One would think that his request for silence was an invitation to discussion.

Pretending like he has any control over what anyone can and cannot discuss is both. One would think that his request for silence was an invitation to discussion.

Aren't you reading a bit too much into it? All he's saying is that this cancellation is not done to further Karma's interest. At least that's what I thought it meant on first impression.

Edited by Teriethien

The reasons for this cancellation are not the subject of public discussion, not for the amusement or benefit of anyone and are no cause for celebrations, despite your view point or agenda.

I respectfully disagree, for I'm amused :P. And if my crappy english classes back in college have taught me anything; it's that it's completely up to the person receiving the information to make an assessment of how he/she should interpret it. Although, in my eyes, the words just make pretty pictures of dancing carebears.

o/'s and all that hoosefudge all around

He may have been trying to stop posts like:

Oh man, expected but still epic.
I did not see this coming... <_<
I honestly didn't expect this.
Well, I expected this to happen sooner or later.

o/ Disposing of redundant treaties

I thought you already did this.

Guess not, so good luck to both alliances.

Eh, didn't see it coming.

Also:

Hi grub :v:

Then again, reading is fundamental.

I respectfully disagree, for I'm amused :P. And if my crappy english classes back in college have taught me anything; it's that it's completely up to the person receiving the information to make an assessment of how he/she should interpret it.

Yeah but doesn't what he wrote meant that the reason for the cancellation is "not for the amusement or benefit of anyone", as opposed to that you might find the cancellation amusing?

Ericadia came back from the dead for about 2 weeks and made this and a couple of other awesome graphics before returning to the grave. He hasn't been seen (to my knowledge) since, but I'm happy he left us this.

That's Ericadia's work? Nice one brother, wherever you are now.