I bring the Omega

All due respect, I don't think anyone is complaining or whining. Someone commented on how we weren't outnumbered or somesuch. Someone pointed out that yes, yes we are. (How can you only count offensive declarations to figure whether or not someone is outnumbered? That is simply mind-boggling to me.) Even this early in the war, I myself have already fought a PC fella, a Kronos, an RIA, 2 Umbrellas, and a Vox. The sig has been pretty accurate.

I have been enjoying this war immensely, for the record. Most of our guys have. Being outnumbered and outgunned beats the outnumbering bit by a fair margin, got to say that, it's definitely not boring! Anyways, I'll see you back on the field in a couple few days. And we'll dance again, and it will be fun. I hope to have the same caliber of opponents I did before, as nearly all of them have been pretty cool, and most of them have been quite skilled as well.

Til then, Adieu & all that, good luck to all, have a great time blowing stuff up ;)

Edited by Kryievla

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All due respect, I don't think anyone is complaining or whining. Someone commented on how we weren't outnumbered or somesuch. Someone pointed out that yes, yes we are. (How can you only count offensive declarations to figure whether or not someone is outnumbered? That is simply mind-boggling to me.) Even this early in the war, I myself have already fought a PC fella, a Kronos, an RIA, 2 Umbrellas, and a Vox. The sig has been pretty accurate.

This is a pretty even war. Umbrella + Kronos hit the top ranks, RIA + AO hit the mid and low.

Kronos also engaged GGA iirc, Umbrella was engaged by OMFG, RIA are at war with Echelon aswell, and AO just joined after fighting TOOL.

You can paint the outnumbered and outgunned picture all you want, but it's a mighty pitiful one compared to past ones.

Get in line :P If there is not a queue when I come out, I shall be severely disappointed.

You NS is pretty titchy tbh, too small to register on our target list, maybe someone elses tho :)

snip

You NS is pretty titchy tbh, too small to register on our target list, maybe someone elses tho :)

No worries there LJ we will assist some of you in order to be in that range :P

AO once again welcome to the fight I would declare but Ive pretty much been in nuke anarchy since day 2 my slots are full atm but i think i have an opening in a couple of days. o7

Welcome to the battlefield AO. Hope you give em vikings a good fight :)

Fortunately all of the what could be best described as "Kittie" members left some time ago. Jumped ship, woosed out, played chicken or whatever you would choose to call it.

As it stands theres just Valhallan Vikings standing their ground with their opponents needing reinforcement. Also if you (AO) have any intentions on applying for reps by DoWing Valhalla best of luck with that. We are all out of potential reps but have a virtually unlimited supply of nukes :)

Welcome to the war. Also Piggy thats an awesome sig :P

Edited by bill n ted

It's called winning.

Also for a large part until this "round" of combat we've seen fairly even fights. Typically 1v2's (on our part) or 1v1's. Occasionally with a day or so overlap where the stagger was being reset. Even then Valhalla, thanks to past skirmishes I imagine, have typically held tech/land advantages over those engaging them.

Isn't Valhalla also fighting Poison Clan? Seems like that might make a difference, but I don't see them mentioned.

*Whistles*

*Tries to control himself from not derailing this thread any further*

Yo BnT if you have a problem with me leaving Valhalla nearly what 70 odd days ago then talk to me on IRC.

Yo Keshav I made a blanket statement about Valhallan "hippies" jumping ship. My intentions were for Valhallan hippies to feel ashamed of themselves nothing more.

As I originally said, AO good luck with this one, its a tough nut to crack. All the best and what not

Also hello :)

Isn't Valhalla also fighting Poison Clan? Seems like that might make a difference, but I don't see them mentioned.

Yes, we are engaged with them as well. In fact, I just checked the war screens. It seems of our 160 odd current wars, we are currently fighting a fair number of CRAP, a good amount of Kronos (especially impressive considering their size), lot of RIA and Umbrella, a lone White Tree fella (no declaration tho', unless I missed it), AO now, and still a sprinkling of Poison Clan. Had a lot more Poison Clan in the first wave than the 2nd.

i think its cute, all the nobody alliances coming out of the woodwork now that they know its safe.

next thing you know they'll be demanding reps for all the 'hard work' they put in to this war.

They aren't a nobody alliance in my books at all. And who are you to call them a nobody alliance?

Also for a large part until this "round" of combat we've seen fairly even fights. Typically 1v2's (on our part) or 1v1's. Occasionally with a day or so overlap where the stagger was being reset. Even then Valhalla, thanks to past skirmishes I imagine, have typically held tech/land advantages over those engaging them.

Umm, you're referring to Valhalla I assume?

Invicta was looking at about a 2:1 NS and 3:1 member advantage arrayed against us most of the time we were in the war, and we were one of the first alliances to join on our side.

(No, I'm not counting the total NS of all the alliances we were fighting. That would be a whole bunch higher than 2:1, lol, given that we were fighting FOK. I'm just counting the forces we were actually fighting. And those numbers are from before TOP entered and tipped the scales quite badly.)

I pass on my best wishes to AO for their successful and safe return from this new conflict.

Daffodil and I only managed a couple of tilts before the white kerchief fluttered to the ground from our opponent. I didn't even get to unleash my unholy trebuchette and Daffodil's more noxious emmissions upon my former enemy.

Edited by W_A_R

Yes, we are engaged with them as well. In fact, I just checked the war screens. It seems of our 160 odd current wars, we are currently fighting a fair number of CRAP, a good amount of Kronos (especially impressive considering their size), lot of RIA and Umbrella, a lone White Tree fella (no declaration tho', unless I missed it), AO now, and still a sprinkling of Poison Clan. Had a lot more Poison Clan in the first wave than the 2nd.

Just to add to the record:

Valhalla Wars May 1 - May 7

RIA - 59

Umbrella - 30

Kronos - 16

AO - 11

CRAP - 10

PC - 7

Fark - 3

White Tree - 1

Also regarding Umbrella's claims of an "even" war...by the time they hit our upper ranks, many of us were already engaged with targets from PC (and in nuclear anarchy), which meant that people such as myself went from fighting one nation to fighting 2 or even 3 nations over night. May of us have been fighting multiple nations since we entered the war on April 23rd, with no opportunity to pull back into Peace Mode to regroup. Myself personally caught a bit of a "break" for a couple of days and was in a 1 vs. 1, but was declared on by two fresh nations today.

I know...cry me a river. But to speak as though Umbrella threw down with us in some sort of head's up meeting engagement and they beat a larger opponent is at best disingenuous. They *have* worked in buddy teams extremely well however and for that they do deserve credit. Their coordinated attacks have been very effective at creating a lot of damage in a short period of time.

Also regarding Umbrella's claims of an "even" war...by the time they hit our upper ranks, many of us were already engaged with targets from PC (and in nuclear anarchy), which meant that people such as myself went from fighting one nation to fighting 2 or even 3 nations over night. May of us have been fighting multiple nations since we entered the war on April 23rd, with no opportunity to pull back into Peace Mode to regroup. Myself personally caught a bit of a "break" for a couple of days and was in a 1 vs. 1, but was declared on by two fresh nations today.

I know...cry me a river. But to speak as though Umbrella threw down with us in some sort of head's up meeting engagement and they beat a larger opponent is at best disingenuous. They *have* worked in buddy teams extremely well however and for that they do deserve credit. Their coordinated attacks have been very effective at creating a lot of damage in a short period of time.

Perhaps you should have planned your declarations on Poison Clan?

Your not the only ones to have fought two or more nations at a time. In order to set our strategy it involved some of our top nations engaging multiple targets, then in some cases to only be declared back on by OMFG. In alot of these cases of our nations engaging two or more Valhallans, the attacked have had the sense to co-ordinate and hit the one Umbrellan back extremely well. Like you said, one of the major reasons you've took so much damage is through the inability to "regroup" thanks to being out-manueverd fairly early on in the fight. Now with limited slots, since alot of Valhallans have fallen out of our mean range, your seeing more cases of ganking I suppose.

In the grand scheme of wars in CN, you've faced what is an relatively "even" war for the most part, or at least could have been alot more had you chosen your startegy better. This is no FAN vs. WUT, or MK vs. NPO + VE + Echelon + TORN + ML + OV, I think that much we can agree. Had we had wanted a curbstomp, we would have given you one. But wheres the fun in that?

Edit: Also what your highlighting with the numbers is 137 nations against 117 nations right? Steep odds.

Edited by LJ Scott

Just wanted to point out that the 2 attacks against RnR from Alpha Omega where a mistake. We have a member who Ruler name is Valhalla, so yea, guess you can see how that can be a little blunder.

We've worked this out, and all's well.

Carry on with your back and forth jabs.