New Polar Order Declaration of War

Proko

1. ML, I don't have an agenda against you, do not make one. If you want to attack us that is fine, I completely understand your options and obligations. Just ensure you allow us to exit this war as quickly as we entered.

I thought that said MK and almost had a heart attack.

3. KARMA, I still do not support your side in any way shape or form.

Whether you like it or not, NpO will be nominally identified with Karma, just because of the complexity of this war. I understand the balancing game you've been playing these last months but you will be thrown in under Karma in the history books. Not as a major part or catalyst, but it is unavoidable.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I know, this thread is about the pride and prestige of this momentous declaration.

Who am I to not be awed by the majesty of it all? :P

Actually, no it isnt about that at all. It was simply a declaration, but it was turned into a snipe fight. No need to be awed but could really do without the insults that have been going around about all this.

Are you sure that you have the slots to do so?

Being in nuke anarchy makes declaring wars tougher than normal. :)

NSO nations are actively fighting against targets that are actively fighting against STA. Therefore the protection of those nations is indeed directly related to the protection of STA nations. I realize this might differ from the viewpoint of many of you but since when have STA, NSO and the NpO come off as alliances that will not act in the best interests of their close friends despite what others may think?

It is ML's desire to do the same that has drawn the respect of their present day enemies. I understand why they might think what is being done is unjust. there are probably some others that are telling them that. All you are seeing is that the relations between us are greater then any peace of "paper" can portray. I would hope you guys will grow to understand and respect that. For now though I understand your frustration.

I not only understand but respect the "declare in support of allies" motivation. Heck, it's why we're all here in the first place. It's just still a hard pill to swallow to see 500 or 600 nations declare on a 20-man alliance, no matter the circumstances.

Too much arguing in here. The nation of Zessa will ship some cake to Polaris and hope this somehow helps.

Caek is fine, just not yellow cake. :)

Duplicate post from the ML DoW thread for clarity -

And so the Emperor returns to find us at war.

1. ML, I don't have an agenda against you, do not make one. If you want to attack us that is fine, I completely understand your options and obligations. Just ensure you allow us to exit this war as quickly as we entered.

2. DOOM, you can not dodge and weave who returns fire by e-lawyering what we can and can not do.

3. KARMA, I still do not support your side in any way shape or form.

4. Proko declared war in my absence, based on what he believed were good and valid orders. We are therefore at war, whether I would have done so had I been present or not.

5. Be clear, I have no interest in doing anything other than assisting STA and NSO at this stage and if our job is done after one round of wars, expect us to quietly leave the said conflict. If you continue with the "bandwagonner excuse to get into the war'' line, I will not be impressed. I have a number of points of entry into this war, if I want to be a part of it, and to date I do not want to do so. Both sides are doing just fine on their own.

6. If you want to e-lawyer stuff, don't bother with me in your calculations. I don't care what you think about our reasons, we have a debt to pay to our friends and so we shall, very symbolically, do so. Forget all the arguments over what treaty chains with which and all that crap, your obsession with purpose and justification befuddles me. The NSO/STA front got a new player in DOOM, Proko thought that we needed to assist to show we cared and so we declared on them. We have shown we care, so we can leave whenever you wish. Your surrender to their generous terms will be sufficient reason for us to end the war right now.

7. To my friends and comrades on both sides of this shooting match, my position has not changed and it is unlikely to do so. I made our position clear from the outset and I am offended that people are now issuing threats to our alliance based on what I clearly stated would be our direction. Don't push me into a corner that I have no desire being in or fighting from. Further inquiries via private means thanks, no one else needs to know or care about the facts or what we are even discussing. I would contact you more directly, but I have no idea who you even are wink.gif.

I will continue to be unavailable at traditional times due to commitments (OOC: RL beckons at this time) I will therefore take all correspondence at this time via my usual private channels. If things are urgent, Arctic Penguin is apprised of my wishes and desires in these matters or will defer to my upon return.

o/ Polaris.

Understandable. I've been enjoying the cordial relations between MK, STA, and NSO so far, I'd hate to see us and NpO not enjoy the same. The nature of the declaration is a little iffy to us given the perceived danger to STA presented by DOOM, but there's nothing to do about it now except blow the crap out of each other until our treaty partners find peace. Personally, I'd prefer to have the kind of peace where we all have a kegger, but the tumbleweeds-rolling-over-the-glowing-glass-covered-parking-lot kind of peace is also fine...

:huh: The Orders at war... On different sides?!

Epic! :popcorn:

Umm....history lesson? By your forum join date you wouldn't be familiar with it, but the WotC had a much greater epic level.

I not only understand but respect the "declare in support of allies" motivation. Heck, it's why we're all here in the first place. It's just still a hard pill to swallow to see 500 or 600 nations declare on a 20-man alliance, no matter the circumstances.

Understandable. I've been enjoying the cordial relations between MK, STA, and NSO so far, I'd hate to see us and NpO not enjoy the same. The nature of the declaration is a little iffy to us given the perceived danger to STA presented by DOOM, but there's nothing to do about it now except blow the crap out of each other until our treaty partners find peace. Personally, I'd prefer to have the kind of peace where we all have a kegger, but the tumbleweeds-rolling-over-the-glowing-glass-covered-parking-lot kind of peace is also fine...

Believe me, I really do understand why the odds when looked at in a number of nations vs number of nations standpoint would be frustrating. That is why I have stated feelings of empathy for such. I believe those feelings are temporary though so I await the time when those feelings are no longer voiced.

We too await the day when peace comes. It really isnt up to most of us in this theatre of the war. Considering MK is seemingly near the heart of the Karmic movement, we may be at this for awhile. I promise you though that I personally will order my bombers to not drop their bombs on your beer and liquor warehouses. We are going to need all that we can get in the coming days.

Umm....history lesson? By your forum join date you wouldn't be familiar with it, but the WotC had a much greater epic level.

You must have a different definition of epic than me:

WOTC at its peak:

Nations:

7,436 vs 1,718

Total NS:

139,035,264 vs 33,742,679

Nukes:

21,718 vs 4,786

Score:

544.34 vs 131.14

This war at its peak:

Nations:

9,750 Vs 6,407

Total NS:

222,437,468 Vs 129,865,192

Nukes:

40,694 Vs 19,978

Score:

849.69 Vs 503.95

Every number on the board this war is bigger, and the sides more evenly matched: by any definition I can think of this war is far more epic.

What's your point Cowboy?

You are surprised to see us honour our treaties? You are surprised to see us fight?

You really know very little about us. Without delving into history once again you should leave well alone unless you have something meaningful to say.

What's your point Cowboy?

You are surprised to see us honour our treaties? You are surprised to see us fight?

You really know very little about us. Without delving into history once again you should leave well alone unless you have something meaningful to say.

I was not making any statement against DOOM, in fact if you want to know I was chuckling about the fact that something I've known for quite some time in my little niche corner of CN is finally getting on the OWF, albeit negatively.

What are you shocked about, Crush?

That DOOM could be counted on?

I hope I'm taking that wrong or I might feel offended after all the time you've known me.

I wish to clarify my statement out of respect for Zeke. I never expected DOOM to be declared on during this war. I of course think DOOM is one of, if not the most honorable alliance in the game. I just did not expect for Polaris to effectively curbstomp a protectorate that just happened to have some top-tier nations in it. DOOM and their protectors are as close as the MHA are to the Grämlins; if one rolls, they both roll as one.

DOOM will fight well, fight honorably and fight to ZI. That is something we can all agree with.

Edited by Crushtania

I wish to clarify my statement out of respect for Zeke. I never expected DOOM to be declared on during this war. I of course think DOOM is one of, if not the most honorable alliance in the game. I just did not expect for Polaris to effectively curbstomp a protectorate that just happened to have some top-tier nations in it. DOOM and their protectors are as close as the MHA are to the Grämlins; if one rolls, they both roll as one.

DOOM will fight well, fight honorably and fight to ZI. That is something we can all agree with.

DOOM didn't have to fight. They did so and are now facing the consequences.

DOOM didn't have to fight. They did so and are now facing the consequences.

What would you do if your closest ally alliance saved your alliance from destruction in the past and is now being curb stomped? Cower in a corner and watch your allies/friends being stomped flat?

What would you do if your closest ally alliance saved your alliance from destruction in the past and is now being curb stomped? Cower in a corner and watch your allies/friends being stomped flat?

He's not saying that's what he WOULD do. He's saying that's what you COULD do. Never said if it was the best or worst option, just that it was one. You had options, you made a decision, this is the consequence. Nothing more, nothing less.

This just baffles me :wacko:

Which part of it baffles you?

You, at least as much as anyone else can understand the feeling when the whole world turns on you. That sinking moment when you look around and there is just you and a handful of really good friends, totally outnumbered, totally out gunned and totally overwhelmed by hate and blood lust.

Did NV, Genesis, GR, CCC, OcUK etc deserve to be beaten back to primeval sludge for being friends with Polaris? Did STA honestly deserve the relentless smashing and crippling terms they received? Did Polaris, honestly?

I know the answers and therefore I view this situation, objectively, with no resort to the past and the alleged crimes, half of which are crapola. I do not like this war, I do not like the world gang banging anyone and I do not like the venom spewing out of the mouth of many of the Karma alliances, most of who wouldn't have the guts to face any opponent head on let alone the NPO.

I resent the people who betrayed their friends for months and months, shaking hands in public whilst stabbing their mate in the back. I resent the secret meetings, the leaked logs and all the drama... all of which was denied, pushed aside or covered up with a removal or two. Karma is a !@#$%*, and just as it has rolled over the NPO, so expect the treachery of those who claim the moral high ground in this matter, whilst being scumbag traitors in reality, to be repaid at some stage.

Let me say, I have a great deal of respect for MK and Archon and indeed, Gramlins and LM in this matter. IF left to them, I am sure I would be more comfortable with this action, but that is not what I see. There are deals in place, secret handshakes, public statements of justice and fairness for all, whilst the reality will eventually show that most of you are just opportunists who will take whatever they can get when you think it is safe to get it.

Two legs good, four legs bad... time will tell, but from where I sit in this matter, that's how I see it. Prove me wrong and I will be happy to be wrong.