New Polar Order Declaration of War

Proko

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Polar stayed out of this conflict until now precisely because they have treaties to both sides. Had they ignored the ones on one side, they would have been at war since the beginning.

Whatever action they would have chosen would have meant SOME of their treaty partners would end up on the side they're fighting.

The only reason they chose to enter this war was because STA came under threat. And protecting STA regardless of the cost is something Polaris owes them in full.

I see your point on this. Hail!

No. Polar stayed out of this conflict until now precisely because they have treaties to both sides. Had they ignored the ones on one side, they would have been at war since the beginning.

Whatever action they would have chosen would have meant SOME of their treaty partners would end up on the side they're fighting.

The only reason they chose to enter this war was because STA came under threat. And protecting STA regardless of the cost is something Polaris owes them in full.

After NpO baiting TPF in their DoW on NSO thread about not declaring on us and then when DOOM declares on NSO they decide to jump in. In my eyes it's not very classy.

After NpO baiting TPF in their DoW on NSO thread about not declaring on us and then when DOOM declares on NSO they decide to jump in. In my eyes it's not very classy.

Not very classy? You mean like calling your closest allies 'not very classy' in public?

Just sayin'. There's 'not very classy' and then there's 'completely lacking in class, tact or general good manners' which is right about where you landed with seven stupid words.

Not very classy? You mean like calling your closest allies 'not very classy' in public?

Just sayin'. There's 'not very classy' and then there's 'completely lacking in class, tact or general good manners' which is right about where you landed with seven stupid words.

Depends on how you look at it. I have no problem speaking my mind, I have no problem taking crap. I'm not going to pretend I approve of something I don't. That's not how you retain friends. You disagree over things now and then, that's just the way it is. Does it change the commitment? Not at all.

I stand by my words. I don't think it was very classy to first taunt TPF to try and bait them to declare so Polaris could get in on the action.

In the end I believe they're trying to show that permafrost is stronger than ever. I don't think that doing that by this round about way is the way to do it. It would have been much classier to just come out and say it. Don't beat around the bush and try to make excuses for something that is in and of itself admirable.

Depends on how you look at it. I have no problem speaking my mind, I have no problem taking crap. I'm not going to pretend I approve of something I don't. That's not how you retain friends. You disagree over things now and then, that's just the way it is. Does it change the commitment? Not at all.

Ever heard the saying "Praise in public, reprimand in private"?

I stand by my words. I don't think it was very classy to first taunt TPF to try and bait them to declare so Polaris could get in on the action.

If you think that's really what happened, I'm going to have to call shens and point the finger at you for being an agent provocateur. That's exactly how my agents would do it. The assertion you are making there seems like a very serious one until you actually think about what you're saying, which is absolute nonsense. Are you seriously saying that or are you joking?

In the end I believe they're trying to show that permafrost is stronger than ever. I don't think that doing that by this round about way is the way to do it. It would have been much classier to just come out and say it. Don't beat around the bush and try to make excuses for something that is in and of itself admirable.

Words<Deeds

On the other hand, throwing things in people's faces in public rather than bringing it up to them in private first does tend to show a distinct lack of both respect and class.

If the logistics of the situation really bother you so much, why not bring them up to your own alliance, or even to the NpO, before spitting in their face in a thread which is effectively supposed to be a show of solidarity between your two alliances?

Different styles of operating I guess, I see no problem with talking in public. I also don't think I've spit in anyones face. I'm disagreeing, simple as that. If you can't disagree with your brother, than who can you?

Edit: Also, I didn't realize "classy" was such a charged word with you ES.

Edited by jonte

Different styles of operating I guess, I see no problem with talking in public. I also don't think I've spit in anyones face. I'm disagreeing, simple as that. If you can't disagree with your brother, than who can you?

Well, being half Irish, I can tell you that the accepted procedure is to fight with your brother constantly, until one of you gets into a fight with someone else, at which point, you both immediate turn around and beat the crap out of the other guy. Then put the boot in when they're on the ground. ;)

I don't think anyone is suggesting you SHOULDN'T have concerns or disagree, only that you should probably do it in a more private setting, as opposed to out in the open while you're in the middle of a war with someone else.

Sponge's complaint seems more like he's offended by the hypocrisy of you saying it wasn't very classy when most people would agree that calling them out for it in public in the middle of a war itself shows a major lack of class. He's not even making a judgment about WHAT you're saying, as much as about how you're saying it.

Yeah, might not have been the most thought through thing I've done. If I'd known it would stir up bad blood I would definitely have picked a better venue.

I felt I could come out and say it since it changes nothing of my opinion of NpO nor what I'd do to help them.

What use is a post of solidarity if we do not act on it?

I do not understand the rest of your post...can you re-phrase?

I will try to clarify.

There is not an alliance in this game that would/could attack STA for a legitimate reason, ie. a treaty. Nobody is going to attack STA

Talks of honor, treaties, etc. have been used 20,000 times during all the continumm dog piles/curb stomps. Continumm alliances like TPF and NPO have used the words "honor treaties" when attacking small alliances when the nation strength difference is overwhelmingly in their favor. This was done to "bandwagon or dogpile" an opponent. Look at the NPO/Golden Sabres "War".

Edited by mkoricic

DOOM is a different case though, surprisingly for a protectorate they have quite a few high NS nations.

Finally, a proper recognition of what we brought to the table besides resolve.

So many alliances reach to pack on numbers and treaty paper for proof of greatness. I've been seeing it different for a long time now. Put on muscle and the value of your word so your opponents allies notice that what should be a mop up job requires the combined ranks simply to find strong enough fighters.

Yep, the reasoning finally slipped, as shown by the declarations today. My nation was just simply to big for your massed ranks of pointy sticks.

Now I'm finally honored by this war declaration. Too bad you couldn't have given us that respect in the OP.

Again I'll reiterate the fact that in my time in CN I have never seen the bickering over the finer points of the paperwork in treaties ever changed the outcome of a war. It is in the nations on the battlefield and in the back rooms of IRC.

Just so as you should know, I don't do IRC at all. If DOOM's opponents wish to say something in private then the old school method of sending a proper ambassador to us is your only avenue.

www.castledoom.com

Just don't be surprised when we rebuff your attempts to flip us. Our work will be done only when ML is finally safe. But if you wish to save yourselves some pain then I promise to offer very lenient terms. ;)

Polaris was not the one doing the baiting.

I'm not going to try to dictate what you're allowed to say out here, but I would appreciate it if you take up any remaining grievances in private.

Edit: Also, I didn't realize "classy" was such a charged word with you ES.

Well I for one appreciate a different view from an STA member. As opponents it really drives folks up a wall when they see something like this with endless hails and praise when threads like ours get nothing but trashed.

Well I for one appreciate a different view from an STA member. As opponents it really drives folks up a wall when they see something like this with endless hails and praise when threads like ours get nothing but trashed.

It goes both ways.

Welcome to last year for quite a few of us. Put your big boy pants on and deal with it. You Continuum types want to have it both ways, you want to be able to tell people "do something about it" whenever it's your people trashing someone else but when someone does it to you, oh pooooor you. Man up.

Welcome to last year for quite a few of us. Put your big boy pants on and deal with it. You Continuum types want to have it both ways, you want to be able to tell people "do something about it" whenever it's your people trashing someone else but when someone does it to you, oh pooooor you. Man up.

Even men can be refreshed comrade sponge.

Duplicate post from the ML DoW thread for clarity -

And so the Emperor returns to find us at war.

1. ML, I don't have an agenda against you, do not make one. If you want to attack us that is fine, I completely understand your options and obligations. Just ensure you allow us to exit this war as quickly as we entered.

2. DOOM, you can not dodge and weave who returns fire by e-lawyering what we can and can not do.

3. KARMA, I still do not support your side in any way shape or form.

4. Proko declared war in my absence, based on what he believed were good and valid orders. We are therefore at war, whether I would have done so had I been present or not.

5. Be clear, I have no interest in doing anything other than assisting STA and NSO at this stage and if our job is done after one round of wars, expect us to quietly leave the said conflict. If you continue with the "bandwagonner excuse to get into the war'' line, I will not be impressed. I have a number of points of entry into this war, if I want to be a part of it, and to date I do not want to do so. Both sides are doing just fine on their own.

6. If you want to e-lawyer stuff, don't bother with me in your calculations. I don't care what you think about our reasons, we have a debt to pay to our friends and so we shall, very symbolically, do so. Forget all the arguments over what treaty chains with which and all that crap, your obsession with purpose and justification befuddles me. The NSO/STA front got a new player in DOOM, Proko thought that we needed to assist to show we cared and so we declared on them. We have shown we care, so we can leave whenever you wish. Your surrender to their generous terms will be sufficient reason for us to end the war right now.

7. To my friends and comrades on both sides of this shooting match, my position has not changed and it is unlikely to do so. I made our position clear from the outset and I am offended that people are now issuing threats to our alliance based on what I clearly stated would be our direction. Don't push me into a corner that I have no desire being in or fighting from. Further inquiries via private means thanks, no one else needs to know or care about the facts or what we are even discussing. I would contact you more directly, but I have no idea who you even are wink.gif.

I will continue to be unavailable at traditional times due to commitments (OOC: RL beckons at this time) I will therefore take all correspondence at this time via my usual private channels. If things are urgent, Arctic Penguin is apprised of my wishes and desires in these matters or will defer to my upon return.

o/ Polaris.