New Polar Order Declaration of War

Proko

We aren't affiliated with the Hegemony. The only reason we are here is to honor our treaty with TPF, period.

I understand but some of the statements being made by some of you guys and your protectorate about NpO are very off base. My statement you quoted has nothing to do with labeling you guys as part of the hegemony. You know we respect what you guys are doing, it is simply the comments about NpO that I am calling out.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand but some of the statements being made by some of you guys and your protectorate about NpO are very off base. My statement you quoted has nothing to do with labeling you guys as part of the hegemony. You know we respect what you guys are doing, it is simply the comments about NpO that I am calling out.

You were implying that the NpO didn't come in against us due to the fact that they didn't want to get involved with the Karma/Hegemony conflict. I'm stating we had nothing to do with that conflict. Attacking us would have not brought them in that mess. But it may have brought some of our big friends in. And that's what this is really about.

Glory and honour, brothers. Onward!

This DoW is curious to me, it seems that the "other" Order is dogpiling DOOM. Did STA need the help, knowing STA I doubt it? Honoring a treaty is one thing but honoring to dogpile, is something out of the old CN book of tricks. I hope past lessons, that NpO learned the hard way about, will not be forgotten.

Kinda like TPF DoWing Avalanche... Smallest Karma alliance at the time ;).

Does that surprise anyone? TPF has been a bully sense they found "friends", after the UJW.

This DoW is curious to me, it seems that the "other" Order is dogpiling DOOM. Did STA need the help, knowing STA I doubt it? Honoring a treaty is one thing but honoring to dogpile, is something out of the old CN book of tricks. I hope past lessons, that NpO learned the hard way about, will not be forgotten.

No, STA did not need the help. This DoW is a statement of solidarity, and deterant to anyone else thinking of attacking the coordinated STA/NSO front and thus threatening our favourite twinkie lovers.

To be fair, AlmightyGrub posted an announcement indicating the stance of Polaris in this war. He also mentioned the well known bond between NpO and STA, and that attacks on STA would not be tolerated.

I don't see this move as cowardice. Polaris has conflicting treaties in a couple places, and choosing to enter on one of the many other fronts where they may have, could put them at odds with one or more of those treaties.

No, STA did not need the help. This DoW is a statement of solidarity, and deterant to anyone else thinking of attacking the coordinated STA/NSO front and thus threatening our favourite twinkie lovers.

Like who? Wouldnt your treaty, and said stated position be a "statement of solidarity, and deterant"? There isnt an AA in this game that would/could attack NSO/STA for legitimate reasons, i.e a treaty. Talks of honor, treaties, etc. have been used 20,000 times during all the continumm dog piles/curb stomps.

Edited by mkoricic

Like who? Wouldnt your treaty, and said stated position be a "statement of solidarity, and deterant"? There isnt an AA in this game that would/could attack NSO/STA for legitimate reasons, i.e a treaty. Talks of honor, treaties, etc. have been used 20,000 times during all the continumm dog piles/curb stomps.

What use is a post of solidarity if we do not act on it?

I do not understand the rest of your post...can you re-phrase?

Not for nothing, but did Grub OK this? The way I read the declaration was that if STA was attacked that Polaris would jump in. STA, unless something happened that was undeclared, declared on DOOM in the defense of NSO. DOOM did not declare on STA, they declared on NSO! So, why the bandwagon?

FWIW, Grub is a man of his word. I do NOT believe he would have OK'ed UNLESS STA was attacked. So, as much as I respect ZB aka Proko, I think someone jumped the gun here.

Not for nothing, but did Grub OK this? The way I read the declaration was that if STA was attacked that Polaris would jump in. STA, unless something happened that was undeclared, declared on DOOM in the defense of NSO. DOOM did not declare on STA, they declared on NSO! So, why the bandwagon?

FWIW, Grub is a man of his word. I do NOT believe he would have OK'ed UNLESS STA was attacked. So, as much as I respect ZB aka Proko, I think someone jumped the gun here.

They just felt like honoring this treaty as it was convenient for them.

If you don't wish to fight, then why are you? NpO has already shown it will honor treaties when convenient.

We fight because STA was threatened by the attack on NSO, with whom they have a combined war front. Please see any number of my previous posts.

Your second statement is patently false. When have we not acted on a treaty which required our action?

NSO nations are actively fighting against targets that are actively fighting against STA. Therefore the protection of those nations is indeed directly related to the protection of STA nations. I realize this might differ from the viewpoint of many of you but since when have STA, NSO and the NpO come off as alliances that will not act in the best interests of their close friends despite what others may think?

It is ML's desire to do the same that has drawn the respect of their present day enemies. I understand why they might think what is being done is unjust. there are probably some others that are telling them that. All you are seeing is that the relations between us are greater then any peace of "paper" can portray. I would hope you guys will grow to understand and respect that. For now though I understand your frustration.

They just felt like honoring this treaty as it was convenient for them.

The most convenient thing for Polaris would have been staying out of this whole war altogether, and since everybody pointed out that they have treaties to both sides, it would have been perfectly justified.

They chose to come to the defense of STA. Historically, there's no argument that could go against why they would go through fire for STA, as STA did the same thing for them and more. I don't think anybody can blame them for this action.

The most convenient thing for Polaris would have been staying out of this whole war altogether, and since everybody pointed out that they have treaties to both sides, it would have been perfectly justified.

They chose to come to the defense of STA. Historically, there's no argument that could go against why they would go through fire for STA, as STA did the same thing for them and more. I don't think anybody can blame them for this action.

Yes, they CHOSE to honor that treaty, and CHOSE to ignore the other ones, simple as that. It's simply unacceptable as their is no honor in picking and choosing which treaties you will honor at any given day/war. You sign em, you honor them ALL.

Yes, they CHOSE to honor that treaty, and CHOSE to ignore the other ones, simple as that. It's simply unacceptable as their is no honor in picking and choosing which treaties you will honor at any given day/war. You sign em, you honor them ALL.

No. Polar stayed out of this conflict until now precisely because they have treaties to both sides. Had they ignored the ones on one side, they would have been at war since the beginning.

Whatever action they would have chosen would have meant SOME of their treaty partners would end up on the side they're fighting.

The only reason they chose to enter this war was because STA came under threat. And protecting STA regardless of the cost is something Polaris owes them in full.

No. Polar stayed out of this conflict until now precisely because they have treaties to both sides. Had they ignored the ones on one side, they would have been at war since the beginning.

Whatever action they would have chosen would have meant SOME of their treaty partners would end up on the side they're fighting.

The only reason they chose to enter this war was because STA came under threat. And protecting STA regardless of the cost is something Polaris owes them in full.

STA under threat from DOOM? LOLZ. No offesne to DOOM, but a 20 man alliance a threat to STA?

I will stop though, deledum, because so far you seem like a nice person, and I wish not to get into an argument over it.