New Polar Order Declaration of War

Proko

The question on our minds is, why didn't you attack Molon Labe with the STA when they came to MK's defense? If you were really trying to minimize damage to your friends you would have given them backup when they hit the larger alliance. Before this, I had a lot of respect for the NpO, but this proves that I didn't really know what the NpO was about or I'm an extremely poor judge of character.

You are ignoring the second point I have brought up. We have no desire to influence this conflict. We are not Karma, we are not Hegemony, we are something completely different.

Rolling with STA on Molon Labe would have helped our friends yes, but so would rolling against MCXA with AZTEC, or GRAN/VA and others with ARES/Genesis, or GR, or even rolling with Pacifica against OV. We selected a largely limited front, where we wont be influencing the outcome of this war, where we can prevent minimal damages to our friends.

That's all this is, nothing more, nothing less.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are ignoring the second point I have brought up. We have no desire to influence this conflict. We are not Karma, we are not Hegemony, we are something completely different.

Rolling with STA on Molon Labe would have helped our friends yes, but so would rolling against MCXA with AZTEC, or GRAN/VA and others with ARES/Genesis, or GR, or even rolling with Pacifica against OV. We selected a largely limited front, where we wont be influencing the outcome of this war, where we can prevent minimal damages to our friends.

I read "spineless and opportunistic". Thanks for the clarification.

Edit in italics

Edited by Melon Lube

An Excerpt from Article III of the treaty "Permafrost," to which the New Polar Order and the Siberian Tiger Alliance, and only the New Polar Order and the Siberian Tiger Alliance, are party to.

We offered. They accepted.

No hard feelings DOOM and Molon Labe. Polaris never had a personal stake in this conflict and we still do not. However, we take the protection of our Tigers and their immediate friends (like NSO) very seriously.

To a good fight, and to great war stories to be shared post war.

LOL, STA asked for help with a 20-man protectorate? HAHAHAHA, that's hilarious.

Seriously that makes you look like a bunch of pitiful cowards. I hope I am taking this out of context or that it is not the official alliance reasoning.

I read "spineless". Thanks for the clarification.

I honestly couldn't care less what you think.

Which treaty would you like us to honor? The one where our friends in Pacifica and in Greenland Republic are fighting eachother? The one where our friends in NV are fighting MCXA, who are directly tied to Valhalla and NPO? The situation is sticky at best, and we've done what we can with it.

You're obviously upset that your allies and close friends are being tackled by a larger opponent, and I can understand that, however we are not in this war to force destruction and disbandment. As soon as DOOM decides they no longer want any part of NSO or STA I believe they will get peace.

EDIT:

You should read this if you have not alreadyt: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=54855

Edited by Willaim Kreiger

You're obviously upset that your allies and close friends are being tackled by a larger opponent...

Well, DOOM did declare on a 150 nation alliance, which they knew would bring in an almost 200-nation alliance. That alone is enough to be considered a larger opponent and to take all the available war slots. NpO coming in does nothing and just proves they wanted to bandwagon on the smallest target out there.

o/ DOOM

Edited by wesley

Seriously that makes you look like a bunch of pitiful cowards. I hope I am taking this out of context or that it is not the official alliance reasoning.

Do you know the history of the alliance who you are describing as "a bunch of pitiful cowards"? There isn't a more gutsy group of people than Polar around here. Seriously, read up on them. Some of these people have been to hell and back. They don't wish to expand the war greatly and chose to express their support for their closest ally by limited attacks on one front. They have fully admitted that STA doesn't need the support. After the way STA hung in there with Polar during that last travesty of a war it is only fitting that as the misdeeds of that campaign are redressed that Polar sally forth to provide some support, even if only symbolic.

Again, Polar are no cowards. They've faced down nearly the entire world twice and they're still flourishing. There aren't many who can say that.

I honestly couldn't care less what you think.

Which treaty would you like us to honor? The one where our friends in Pacifica and in Greenland Republic are fighting eachother? The one where our friends in NV are fighting MCXA, who are directly tied to Valhalla and NPO? The situation is sticky at best, and we've done what we can with it.

You're obviously upset that your allies and close friends are being tackled by a larger opponent, and I can understand that, however we are not in this war to force destruction and disbandment. As soon as DOOM decides they no longer want any part of NSO or STA I believe they will get peace.

It doesn't have anything to do with which treaty you honor, this is about when you honored the one you did. Instead of honoring your treaty with the STA against a 40 man alliance who has some bigger friends that may want to play, you choose to honor it against a 20 man alliance that only has the 40 man alliance as backup. You are cowards of the first degree.

Do you know the history of the alliance who you are describing as "a bunch of pitiful cowards"? There isn't a more gutsy group of people than Polar around here. Seriously, read up on them. Some of these people have been to hell and back. They don't wish to expand the war greatly and chose to express their support for their closest ally by limited attacks on one front. They have fully admitted that STA doesn't need the support. After the way STA hung in there with Polar during that last travesty of a war it is only fitting that as the misdeeds of that campaign are redressed that Polar sally forth to provide some support, even if only symbolic.

Again, Polar are no cowards. They've faced down nearly the entire world twice and they're still flourishing. There aren't many who can say that.

If only their actions last night reflected their actions in the past.

It doesn't have anything to do with which treaty you honor, this is about when you honored the one you did. Instead of honoring your treaty with the STA against a 40 man alliance who has some bigger friends that may want to play, you choose to honor it against a 20 man alliance that only has the 40 man alliance as backup. You are cowards of the first degree.

Again, I suggest you read this link: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=54855

We stated our intentions when this whole !@#$show started. Don't think for a second that we are afraid to go to bat for our friends, here, there, or anywhere.

I am not the Foreign Affairs guru so I might be incredibly off here. Our treaty with STA is an MDP only, so we would have had no clause allowing us to enter with STA. However, the second DOOM declared on STA we get involved.

I'm also going to echo what William Krieger said. DOOM happened to be the unfortunate alliance that attacked STA. We would have entered the war in their defense against anyone. It was not a question.

DOOM declared on the NSO not the STA.

I am not the Foreign Affairs guru so I might be incredibly off here. Our treaty with STA is an MDP only, so we would have had no clause allowing us to enter with STA. However, the second DOOM declared on STA we get involved

Except that DOOM didn't declare on STA, they declared on the NSO. STA declared on DOOM, just as they declared on ML. Get your facts straight.

Again, I suggest you read this link: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=54855

We stated our intentions when this whole !@#$show started. Don't think for a second that we are afraid to go to bat for our friends, here, there, or anywhere.

I don't understand what your link has anything to do with what I said.

I am not the Foreign Affairs guru so I might be incredibly off here. Our treaty with STA is an MDP only, so we would have had no clause allowing us to enter with STA. However, the second DOOM declared on STA we get involved.

I'm also going to echo what William Krieger said. DOOM happened to be the unfortunate alliance that attacked STA. We would have entered the war in their defense against anyone. It was not a question.

I only wish it was NPO instead of DOOM, if anyone has a Polar beatdown coming it's them.

@ ES: Yes I do know the history of Polaris thank you. Just because I rarely post on the OWF or that you would have never known anything about me does not mean I am ignorant to CN history. However I stand by my statement that if NpO attacked us under the reasoning Willaim stated then that is bandwaggoning by cowards.

I would also like to repeat that I may have misread his comments or it may not be the official NpO line exactly because knowing their history I find it shocking.

Ah, indeed I did not see that DOOM declared on NSO. I am having problems (OOC: No internet at home) keeping up to date with all the declarations.

Needless to say, I don't quite understand why you two are so outraged by this. The New Polar Order is hardly cowards. We have made our intentions extremely clear from the beginning and you seem intent on ignored this, instead spouting the same line over and over.