New Polar Order Declaration of War

Proko

What alliance here is attacking itself, besides NPO shooting itself in the foot a few times?

I would call some group picking a fight with guys, knowing that they're bigger and stronger than them, an act of self-mutiliation. And that's what doom is doing and what a lot of meanies are encouraging them to do. :(

Edited by Captain Fatbeard

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me just state this for the record as once a member of TAB and some knowledge of the Polaris and STA community.

They are bonded and have been so a long time. Tyga was Polaris emperor before Sponge. Like the bond between ML and DOOM I can say with certainty that NpO and STA have the same bond.

If ever either was truly threatened I can assure you they would fight to the end for each other. It's one of the most respectable bonds on Planet Bob.

That said, there really was no threat to STA. Certainly not enough to ride to the rescue of them when we had not declared on them or attacked their nations, or even the potential threat, given DOOM's size.

Let's all be honest and clear here. It was simply a convenient excuse to enter the war.

Hey, I've been around Bob's block long enough. I know how it works. Nor am I offended. I'd actually be honored if I thought you really considered us a serious threat.

But I'm neither offended or honored by this declaration. I know it for the segue it really is.

All I can say to STA and NpO is welcome to the fun. Though the fun will be limited if you only stick in my little corner of the war.

Your paperwork has been filed properly and you guys can go play all over the place now. Enjoy and happy to have been convenient for you.

I would call some group picking a fight with guys, knowing that they're bigger and stronger than them, an act of self-mutiliation. And that's what doom is doing and what a lot of meanies are encouraging them to do.

You seem to confuse "picking fights" with "honoring treaties."

My alliance is currently at war with DOOM, but I'm yet to hear a single negative thing about them. They have taken up arms for their protectors and have not picked any fights.

Hnh. Depends entirely on who you are, doesn't it?

Being on the losing end of a large war taught me a few things. During the war, our community was forced to endure not only physical damage but the intense emotions and stress that went along with it. We did our best to prevent the anger from spilling out onto the public forums in a less than gracious manner. We still received criticism by various individuals for expressing our discontent impolitely when it was very difficult to fully control. I would regret it if I held my opponents to different standards in what is a fairly similar scenario for them.

Edited by Penguin

I would call some group picking a fight with guys, knowing that they're bigger and stronger than them, an act of self-mutiliation. And that's what doom is doing and what a lot of meanies are encouraging them to do. :(

I'm not sure, but I think you misunderstand, mate. The "meanies" aren't encouraging them to "self- mutilate". They're congratulating them on their testicular fortitude. It takes brass balls to man up and stick with your friends/allies against knowingly insurmountable odds. Anyone on any side of a fight can recognize and respect that.

Let's all be honest and clear here. It was simply a convenient excuse to enter the war.

We have many other convenient ways to enter this war. We can fight Old Guard or Global Democratic Alliance for attacking Greenland Republic, we can fight MCXA alongside Nueva Vida or IRON alongside ARES or Ragnarok. We can fight Vanguard or RnR for attacking Pacifica, or the Random Insanity Alliance or Umbrella for attacking Valhalla. We have had many places where we can enter the war, many places that not challenge Polaris, and many that would see her defeated. In the end, it comes down to STA. We said at the beginning of this conflict we are in it with them no matter what.

It is nothing personal against DOOM, and Polaris of all alliances can respect honoring a treaty, after we were in a place to see our treaties tested, and some broke. It is fantastic that you are as close with ML as you are, and that ML and TPF similarly. It is, as they say, strictly business.

We have many other convenient ways to enter this war. We can fight Old Guard or Global Democratic Alliance for attacking Greenland Republic, we can fight MCXA alongside Nueva Vida or IRON alongside ARES or Ragnarok. We can fight Vanguard or RnR for attacking Pacifica, or the Random Insanity Alliance or Umbrella for attacking Valhalla. We have had many places where we can enter the war, many places that not challenge Polaris, and many that would see her defeated. In the end, it comes down to STA. We said at the beginning of this conflict we are in it with them no matter what.

It is nothing personal against DOOM, and Polaris of all alliances can respect honoring a treaty, after we were in a place to see our treaties tested, and some broke. It is fantastic that you are as close with ML as you are, and that ML and TPF similarly. It is, as they say, strictly business.

Out of curiosity, why didn't you attack Molon Labe with them?

At least DOOM had the guts to actually honor their treaty and declare on a larger alliance than themselves. Even though they may be my enemy right now they have purchased my unwavering respect for them.

DOOM stands by something stronger than a fictitious paper treaty. They had no reason nor obligation to fight in this war. They were in no way bound to come to our aid. They were free to stay in peace and safety.

The friendship we have is stronger than that treaty and they have decided to stand by us anyway. That says more to me than anything. Their honor has shown through and shall continue to show.

For that I must salute them. Friends till the end.

o/ DOOM

o/ MOLON LABE

Edited to add: Silly me. Welcome to the fight NpO.

Edited by OD45Glock

You missed quoting the rest of what I said. I know about your bond with STA. It's as real as it comes. However, we didn't declare on STA. Even MDAP's of the highest order don't require an alliance to jump in alongside a fight where victory is already assured. Unless I missed the "required overkill" clause in that treaty.

You said it yourself. It's strictly business. There was no need for you to rally to STA's side here. Really no need for STA to rally to NSO's side either.

It was just the way you could enter the war.

Requesting information and denying it upon delivery. Classy.

Sorry bud, but I, like many others will not click links that look like they may contain malicious scripts from unknown sites.

Now onto something amusing

Captain Fatbeard 6 days old, 1 day in his 1 man alliance. NS 80 Trolling like he has been here for years.

Sorry bud, but I, like many others will not click links that look like they may contain malicious scripts from unknown sites.

Now onto something amusing

Captain Fatbeard 6 days old, 1 day in his 1 man alliance. NS 80 Trolling like he has been here for years.

Lol, Maybe he's just really eager and enthusiastic about being on planet bob and all this war? :)

Nice. Nothing like valuing one agreement above all others.

o/ NpO

:/

Edited by RKANYZ

Really no need for STA to rally to NSO's side either.

The STA and NSO have an MDP. We declared on you because you attacked our ally and we were sworn to assist as we could. Much the same as you assisting ML via your treaties. You may argue our assistance is pointless as it will not change the result of the war but, I could say the same of you stepping in to defend Molon Labe.

The STA and NSO have an MDP. We declared on you because you attacked our ally and we were sworn to assist as we could. Much the same as you assisting ML via your treaties. You may argue our assistance is pointless as it will not change the result of the war but, I could say the same of you stepping in to defend Molon Labe.

Ok Tyga, we'll leave it there. I suppose DoW's simply have to include some discussion of the paperwork. But in the end I've never seen that ever make a difference in the outcome.

I ask DOOM's allies in this to leave off the discussion of the reasons why one group is attached to another in this. It won't change a thing, I assure you. The battlefield and dark smokey IRC channels will decide the outcome.

But know that DOOM didn't do this just to honor the bond between us and ML. We exclusively attacked nations attacking ML. This relieves some pressure off ML nations and buys them time. Our contribution has intent more than just tilting at windmills. If DOOM's targets cannot attack ML as hard then we feel our contribution is more than just for show.

Yes, I know you will say the same. Just know that DOOM doesn't think its efforts are illusionary.

Edited by +Zeke+

Since I am too entranced by your flag, Polaris (which is :awesome: btw, I :wub: it), I will just wish you happy hunting. o/

To DOOM, I will say this ... you are DOOM'ed, leave while you still can :)

*Shakyr goes back to staring at the shiny flag :wub:

Edited by Shakyr