Question about the ODN

Starbuck

There's even more irony, of course, in that chat IRON and the NPO told me that the ODN would abandon us and that I should drop them now. I informed them that such a thing was impossible and our bond was too tight for such a thing to occur. You did so within a few months in order to re-align yourself to IRON and One Vision. Just sayin'.

Really? I would like to see they logs. Nothing like this was ever said during my time in government so if you have proof I would like to see it.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ODN is a democratic alliance and votes on accepting and canceling treaties. There were many days of discussion over what to do in this war. We had treaty partners on both sides. The general membership was told that the NPO side were more organized and even if they were outnumbered there was a strong possibility they would prevail. The CB NPO used for spying also tended to sway a lot of support in that direction, however it was questioned whether handing someone info and then charging them with spying wasn't more entrapment and therefore underhanded.

When NPO attacked during the piece talks the membership of ODN saw this as an act of a bully and support for the Karma side suddenly blossomed. So it could have gone either way at first. What was clear was that the ODN membership was determined to support one side or the other and not declare neutrality. Sometimes we win and sometimes we lose but we always fight for justice. The fact that we get trolled so much I think is proof that many are very concerned over what we do and seek to discredit us. Mostly we just enjoy all the attention.

Thanks for explaining the ODN process to us. It looks like your attacks went off well, and your alliance has probably gained some respect for how it handled this war.

Edit: Having read the rest of this, I think IRON and ODN need to stop taking shots at each other in here. We're all in OUT together, and the words hurt relationships worse then nukes.

To the future!!!

Edited by arentak

I'm glad I didn't see what s/he did there.

What I did there was the culmination of days of hard work. It's a shame you can't bother to show appreciation for my dedication to log generation.

Edited by salithus

Really? I would like to see they logs. Nothing like this was ever said during my time in government so if you have proof I would like to see it.

I remember our original talks with GOONs(Or atleast reading them). They are oooooooold. Like I mean when Eric was SecGen and Potato and Walker were senators. Well over a year by now. I'm sure by now...many people had forgotten the specifics or that it had happened.

I remember our original talks with GOONs(Or atleast reading them). They are oooooooold. Like I mean when Eric was SecGen and Potato and Walker were senators. Well over a year by now. I'm sure by now...many people had forgotten the specifics or that it had happened.

I'd say at least 19 months.

well i have seen them but really its RI 's call if they are to be posted here or sent to you..may i suggest you touch base with RI about it ;)

What I did there was the culmination of days of hard work. It's a shame you can't bother to show appreciation for my dedication to log generation.

It's not that I don't appreciate the effort. I understand these things can be a strain. Producing something substantial can be gruelling and sticky. But I can take your word for the outcome of your endeavors without personally inspecting it.

I'd have been in either my second or third sec state term I believe... so stat of 2008ish.

Then you'd know better. I thought it was wile I was in ODN around the Unjust War. :P

I'll make the same offer to Random as I did to aj in Crohl's attention whoring thread, 3 mil after the war for publicly released old logs... Hell, for Random I'll make it 6 mil :wub:

If I save some of my old logs for after the war, how much will you pay me to see them?

2 pics of myself in a thong.

Way to ruin everyone's chances! But really, I am not a guy who does the public log dumping thing. I sent them to a few folks who asked.

Also Dratz and any other Polars. Stop being lazy and get elected into the Polar Council. I remember posting them, and many other juicy logs of antiquity, in the government areas. Unless they've been cleaned out or something.

Then you'd know better. I thought it was wile I was in ODN around the Unjust War. :P

Nah. It was a while after UjW. Probably my 3rd or 4th term.

MCRABT, go look into the ODN-IRON gov't section of your boards. I think it was DM that started a thread telling ODN off for talking to GOONS.

There's even more irony, of course, in that chat IRON and the NPO told me that the ODN would abandon us and that I should drop them now. I informed them that such a thing was impossible and our bond was too tight for such a thing to occur. You did so within a few months in order to re-align yourself to IRON and One Vision. Just sayin'.

That really is quite ironic considering that IRON was the main influence on it. Im not quite convinced that that was an official IRON opinion, however. Regardless, dropping Polar was a huge mistake made by the leaders of the ODN at the time. The events leading up to that war were a topic with the General Assembly who were ready to die for Polar-I was one of them. The leader of ODN at the time took advantage of a power that shouldn't have been given him and made the critical decision. Afterwards, they sold the story that dropping was justified. It is a shame that it took until now with the current situation for ODN to take another route other than trying to appease IRON.

It was February/March/April of last year.

Were you even in IRON government at that point?