Question about the ODN

Starbuck

I don't know a lot about their history and this is intended to get a strait answer, has the ODN honored a treaty that might put them on the lossing side? other than the citrus war, I find that they cansell any treaty that would require them to defend an allie in a losing conflict, maybe I am wrong, but wiki doesn't have any such case recorded?

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like you have been dodging English at school...

Whoever said someone on these boards are fluent in English?

Have a little respect, just because it is YOUR language doesn't mean it is everyone else's language. It is a little arrogant mate. -.-

They also left GWIII early and left CDS (who they were fighting alongside against GOONS) out to dry, if I'm not mistaken. I wasn't CDS gov at the time, but it sure seemed that way.

I was ODN military at the time. They entered in support of Legion and didn't really communicate with CDS at all. Peace talks were held with GOONS separately from CDS or Legion.

They also left GWIII early and left CDS (who they were fighting alongside against GOONS) out to dry, if I'm not mistaken. I wasn't CDS gov at the time, but it sure seemed that way.

ODN had lost 50 % of their prewar NS at the time iirc.

Protip 1: Never sign a treaty with ODN.

Protip 2: If you didn't follow protip 1 don't expect ODN to honor the treaty if you are in the weaker side.

Protip 3: Don't worry about that because ODN military skills just fail and you will be better without them.

Whoever said someone on these boards are fluent in English?

Have a little respect, just because it is YOUR language doesn't mean it is everyone else's language. It is a little arrogant mate. -.-

English is not my first language actually...

I don't know a lot about their history and this is intended to get a strait answer, has the ODN honored a treaty that might put them on the lossing side? other than the citrus war

So the question is, has the ODN been on the losing side other than when they've been on the losing side?

There's no good reason to single out the ODN here, other than it being popular to do so. Lots of alliances have a tendency to align themselves with the stronger side and bail on those who look weakly positioned.

Not defending the practice, but it's not really fair to make the ODN your punching bag either.

Edited by bzelger

They've stood up against GOONS as already mentioned and they went in to defend legion before that.

If those and the citrus war isn't enough then I have to ask how many times have most of your allies stood up for the losing side of a war?

Just as a factual thing, the ODN did not participate in the Citrus War due to treaties. It was only ODN versus NPO, and there weren't even any defensive treaties in existence (only treaty on Bob was really the Dove Doctrine).

One might also consider their entry in GW1 to defend LUE, as there was no clear winning or losing side when they entered.

They've stood up against GOONS as already mentioned and they went in to defend legion before that.

If those and the citrus war isn't enough then I have to ask how many times have most of your allies stood up for the losing side of a war?

I didn't mean to poke at the ODN, I just didn't know, and for referance, Soldier has been in 2 conflicts once at the hands of TPF and now in defense of TPF, both wars we have been on the "losing" side

I didn't mean to poke at the ODN, I just didn't know, and for referance, Soldier has been in 2 conflicts once at the hands of TPF and now in defense of TPF, both wars we have been on the "losing" side

You're not exactly a alliance of age wich was why I asked about the people you were allied to. I understand that you didn't want to poke fun at ODN for this. That would have been ridicolous seeing how your side of the war acted on day 1.

I don't know a lot about their history and this is intended to get a strait answer, has the ODN honored a treaty that might put them on the lossing side? other than the citrus war, I find that they cansell any treaty that would require them to defend an allie in a losing conflict, maybe I am wrong, but wiki doesn't have any such case recorded?

ODN routinely gets beat.

NATO, on the other hand...

One might also consider their entry in GW1 to defend LUE, as there was no clear winning or losing side when they entered.

This is definitely correct (as it would be coming from Portugal :v:) . ODN honoured United For Orange despite their intent to cancel it. It's one of the few times I've seen a standard cancellation clause actually followed.

The ODN is a democratic alliance and votes on accepting and canceling treaties. There were many days of discussion over what to do in this war. We had treaty partners on both sides. The general membership was told that the NPO side were more organized and even if they were outnumbered there was a strong possibility they would prevail. The CB NPO used for spying also tended to sway a lot of support in that direction, however it was questioned whether handing someone info and then charging them with spying wasn't more entrapment and therefore underhanded.

When NPO attacked during the piece talks the membership of ODN saw this as an act of a bully and support for the Karma side suddenly blossomed. So it could have gone either way at first. What was clear was that the ODN membership was determined to support one side or the other and not declare neutrality. Sometimes we win and sometimes we lose but we always fight for justice. The fact that we get trolled so much I think is proof that many are very concerned over what we do and seek to discredit us. Mostly we just enjoy all the attention.

I was in ODN during GW3 and we in no way got beaten soundly by GOONS. we fought them to a standstill until NPO jumped in... I never had a problem with any GOON opponent until I was jumped by NPO's twice my strength.....

of course that was then, now im IRON and i wanted to go to IRON to promote OUT but of course OUT is just a piece of toilet paper apparently and ODN was the ones who preached that bs all the time..... what irks me the most about all this is we could have said "we can't oppose OUT" and opted out of the war... hell i fought NPO in GW3 I never had love for them, but as soon as we cancelled and people see a bandwagon war, they call us cowards.... everyone else gets praise for joining the good fight but we, MCXA, etc... are dumped on.

Im glad we're in the war now, cuz if there's one thing we aren't it's cowards.... If TOP and ODN jumped in to our defense and said "they need to honour OUT and can't aid NPO" maybe we wouldn't be in...... but we are and I'm glad now.

I was in ODN during GW3 and we in no way got beaten soundly by GOONS. we fought them to a standstill until NPO jumped in... I never had a problem with any GOON opponent until I was jumped by NPO's twice my strength.....

of course that was then, now im IRON and i wanted to go to IRON to promote OUT but of course OUT is just a piece of toilet paper apparently and ODN was the ones who preached that bs all the time..... what irks me the most about all this is we could have said "we can't oppose OUT" and opted out of the war... hell i fought NPO in GW3 I never had love for them, but as soon as we cancelled and people see a bandwagon war, they call us cowards.... everyone else gets praise for joining the good fight but we, MCXA, etc... are dumped on.

Im glad we're in the war now, cuz if there's one thing we aren't it's cowards.... If TOP and ODN jumped in to our defense and said "they need to honour OUT and can't aid NPO" maybe we wouldn't be in...... but we are and I'm glad now.

A few things need to be corrected in your post. Well, basically everything.

1. GOONS DID beat ODN to a pulp in GWIII. Sure, ODN put up a good fight compared to the rest of our allies but GOONS were better organised and better prepared. ODN had lost 50% of its pre-war NS. If that's not beaten soundly, I'm not sure what is. I also don't remember NPO joining in on ODN during this particular war.

2. ODN has always been a promoter of OUT. Surprisingly enough, OUT is NOT an MDP. It's an ODP at best. Which means the ODN does NOT have to help IRON in any way unless they want to. From what I know, ODN-IRON weren't recently. IRON's support of an aggressive DoW mid-negociation didn't go down well on ODN as well as IRON allowing GOONS to reform without informing them. Something IRON had blamed ODN a few months ago.

3. What?

*snip*

...as well as IRON allowing GOONS to reform without informing them. Something IRON had blamed ODN a few months ago.

As amad pointed out, we are in fact a democracy. Quoted above you can find the single action which did more to change our membership's stance on which side if any we would take than anything else that has been brought up.

As amad pointed out, we are in fact a democracy. Quoted above you can find the single action which did more to change our membership's stance on which side if any we would take than anything else that has been brought up.

Don't you ever go *snip* on my posts again, noob. Every single word of mine is a work of art. >_<

EDIT: /me expect a bunch of "funny" guys going *snip* on my posts ...

Edited by potato

So, by your presentation of the facts, IRON messed up once and you turned your backs on them.

Some Blood Brothers.