Question about the ODN

Starbuck

I'm going to adscribe Doitzel's change in rhethoric towards the ODN on them being on his side in the war. Just because I'm mean and all.

It's an OOC forum. I'm trying to be objective toward the ODN here and mostly was commenting on the nature of their community. I like some of the people in ODN, too.

IC I will not ever touch them. They've certainly got their share of faults to clean up and I don't trust them any further than I can throw them. Even with what I explained they are entirely unreliable, as we saw in Polar's case, because of the occasional demagogue that comes along and tries to seize total control. Everyone asks me my honest opinion on ODN and I always give it: "No matter how hard I try, I just can't bring myself to give a damn." I can't hate them even though I should because they're just so ... ODN. I don't like them, either. I just don't care. Let them float around doing nothing and spamming up their forums and just steer clear, you'll probably never notice them again.

For the most part I've felt like that for a long time, save for brief periods where I wanted to rip them to shreds. They do have their uses, though, and when everyone has turned their backs on them on both sides it's not difficult to skew the perception one way or another.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also somehow I am guessing the ODN will survive your little vengeance crusade.

Ill agree with that.

Though Ill point out that there are others I know of with the nations and will to pull off such a thing.

Personally I cant wait; it will be a new Vox but with nukes :popcorn:

Edited by bill n ted

Ill agree with that.

Though Ill point out that there are others I know of with the nations and will to pull off such a thing.

You'd have to have a !@#$ load more nations to hurt ODN in the way you're implying. I somehow doubt you'll have the numbers/strength/time to pull it off.

Also, I like the idea of attacking Cata for lack of spine. No better target considering his history ...

You'd have to have a !@#$ load more nations to hurt ODN in the way you're implying. I somehow doubt you'll have the numbers/strength/time to pull it off.

Also, I like the idea of attacking Cata for lack of spine. No better target considering his history ...

Yeah, that was pretty funny. :lol:

Obviously, ODN members expected hand shakes, as the govt and certain members probably told them nobody in IRON cared one bit about ODN..maybe if we didn't care at any level, many wouldn't bother posting.Its not the words of enemy, but the silence of the friends that is more painful.

Regarding 'We didnt know who would be on KARMA side and which side IRON would be" Line. That pretty much sums up the incompetency of whoever runs the foreign affairs in ODN.

Many thanks for the remarks on my competence. That said, I would think that an active member of IRON might have an idea of who our Secretary of State is (I can assure you that I know IRON's even before I was in government).

@ Random - Never will I forget the shame of the NoCB war. ODN made a grave mistake, and I am ashamed to have been a part in it. I fully understand your distaste for us, as well as I understand those remaining members of Polaris' distaste. I really can do nothing more but offer each and every one of you my fullest apology for my part. I know that this can be seen as too little, too late, but the shame of my deeds has haunted me ever since, and the thought has crossed my mind more than once to simply delete and not be a part of this game any more. Polaris were the true brothers of us, and we deserted you in your time of need. I will never forget this, nor do I think I will ever be relieved of the shame I have brought upon myself and my alliance.

Also, because FEAR was bawwwing about nukes earlier, I never used my nukes against any of your nations, even though I could have. I deemed it unfair to be able to nuke in the 20K NS range, and respectfully asked all of my FEAR foes to not spy away my nukes. I promised that I would not nuke any of them, so long as my nukes were not spied away. As soon as one was taken, I was to unleash my arsenal upon them and make them glow green. I would just like to point out that a nuke was spied away from me the same day that FEAR surrendered and everyone offered my nation peace. Can't say I was too pleased.

Indeed, you must have heard Monsieur that only cowards and spinelss asshats fly ODN AA, while only upstanding moral heroes fly IRON AA :rolleyes: .. especially BlackKnight, CN has rarely seen a hero of this stature, no doubt his nation has participated in many a crusade as evident from a casualty count of 177,224...or perhaps that count is only from when he was a douchbag and ZI'ed Obama (oohhhh i am sooo scared).

:rolleyes: Comparing a future bunch of Hegemonist rogues with VoX Pop is a hoot, i think ES and co should sue :ehm:

wait, did someone call comrade Cataduanes a coward? :P Ive watched that guy throw himself into every major war, and a tonne of curbstomps he didnt even need to be in because he favoured the cause of the losing side. You wont find a more courageous, or deadly fighter anywhere in CN.

PYT.

wait, did someone call comrade Cataduanes a coward? :P Ive watched that guy throw himself into every major war, and a tonne of curbstomps he didnt even need to be in because he favoured the cause of the losing side. You wont find a more courageous, or deadly fighter anywhere in CN.

PYT.

Indeed. Very few have the combat bravery of Cata. He's one of my CN heroes.

Which reminds me, I still owe him 81 mil >_>

Well to be fair some have called my marches to suicide stupidity rather than bravery :lol:

Indeed. Very few have the combat bravery of Cata. He's one of my CN heroes.

Which reminds me, I still owe him 81 mil >_>

Obrigado :wub:.. now pay up :P

Well to be fair some have called my marches to suicide stupidity rather than bravery :lol:

You know I hate ODN, but I do :wub: you Cataduanes, we fought the same targets in GW3 at one point!

Edited by Mogar

Also I find it hard to believe the arguing would be that much worse than what happened between the pro-Initiative, pro-League and pro-Neutrality parties during GW3 B)

edit to add: lol go back to bed ak47don

Haha, old memories, not forgotten though. We had one week of really intensive discussions back.

I'm pretty certain Portugal owes me some herring, too, but I'll accept sardines.

Also, Comrade Cata is a hero of the revolution. And the revolution after that. And that other one. Pretty much a serial hero of whatever revolution you have going.

You know I hate ODN, but I do ":wub: you Cataduanes, we fought the same targets in GW3 at one point!
Thanks ;), GW3 was a b##ch :lol:, and for the record i also count what ODN did with CDS as another great big screw up :( (yes we have a few).

Thanks ;), GW3 was a b##ch :lol:, and for the record i also count what ODN did with CDS as another great big screw up :( (yes we have a few).

That's another reason I like you, since you're the only person I've gotten to admit this, although I'll even admit it is an awfully old grudge to hold, but I'm getting cranky in my old years, it's shocking to me sometimes to be talking about the Great Wars and less than half the people in any given channel I'm talking about it were actually around for any of them.

I can't say I didn't laugh at what you did, Style. Love the "BAAWWWW". :D

But yes, while I and quite a few IRONers are quite hurt at ODN's nature-- you know, the whole cancel-treaties-and-bail-out-before-!@#$-hits-the-fan--, but that is your politics, and if it serves you well and keeps your stats intact, then congratulations.

The laugh would now be on whomever signs a treaty with ODN, and not the other way around. You know, something along the lines of "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me" sorta thing.

But yes, you bailed out on your brother alliance in a time of need to keep your stats, but that is politics, and well done. Just don't expect your parasitic nature to serve you well in the near future.

Best of luck, and may the circumstances swing my way and quell the flame raging inside me. But of course, that will take some time. :)

Good luck, ODN.

That's another reason I like you, since you're the only person I've gotten to admit this, although I'll even admit it is an awfully old grudge to hold, but I'm getting cranky in my old years, it's shocking to me sometimes to be talking about the Great Wars and less than half the people in any given channel I'm talking about it were actually around for any of them.

Well i am all about not forgetting the past and trying to learn from it, tbh i always had a soft spot for CDS...largely due to the Filipinoboi connection. And yeah us GW vets are a dwindling band :(

<snip>

Well your take is that we abandoned you, my take is that we choose a side...a side far removed from 1V which for me was a key goal. DO not get me wrong BK i can understand your anger but i for one am not prepared to let you IRON guys have run of this thread with your trolling ;)

Anyway i will be expecting to tango with you at some point in the future :D

I'm pretty certain Portugal owes me some herring, too, but I'll accept sardines.

Also, Comrade Cata is a hero of the revolution. And the revolution after that. And that other one. Pretty much a serial hero of whatever revolution you have going.

Heh sounds like we need to send the debt collector. And yeah i love a challenge :D

Edited by Cataduanes

Well i am all about not forgetting the past and trying to learn from it, tbh i always had a soft spot for CDS...largely due to the Filipinoboi connection. And yeah us GW vets are a dwindling band :(

Fili is over in STA, perhaps I hope to be able to fight on the battlefield with him some day(more like attack someone he attacked 2 weeks ago that he beat down into my range, losing great wars does not do wonders for your infra or tech levels, it does give me a massive wonder and tech advantage over anyone in range though).

Well your take is that we abandoned you, my take is that we choose a side...a side far removed from 1V which for me was a key goal. DO not get me wrong BK i can understand your anger but i for one am not prepared to let you IRON guys have run of this thread with your trolling ;)

Glad you can understand my position, Cata. And boy, I wouldn't go as far as to say that we were trolling... Just merely flinging poo at ODN for what you guys did. :P

Anyway i will be expecting to tango with you at some point in the future :D

As you should, my good man. I'll be looking forward to it.

I find the recurring comments about ODN being a parasite rather odd. On whom could they possibly be sucking? R&R, INT, and Vanguard are all rather smaller than ODN and are in no position to drag ODN's zaftig bulk on their fashionably short coat-tails. Likening ODN to a parasite on any one of us would be likening a human to a parasite on a tapeworm. It just don't add up.

Though you flatter us with the suggestion, I'm afraid it's just too ridiculous to stand.

Carry on.

Glad you can understand my position, Cata. And boy, I wouldn't go as far as to say that we were trolling... Just merely flinging poo at ODN for what you guys did. :P

As you should, my good man. I'll be looking forward to it.

Of course i understand, had the shoe been on the other foot i would be just as angry. But this war was about choosing a side of the fence like no other conflict i have ever seen. Anyway despite the angry shots between us i salute you ;)

I find the recurring comments about ODN being a parasite rather odd. On whom could they possibly be sucking?

IRON before this current ordeal. But not to worry, you guys will find someone else in no time. :P

And as do I salute you, Cata.

Edited by BlackKnight