Archon

You know what the answer would be, so spare me your 'concern' for my wellbeing.

Mate, my only concern is for my allies. Nueva Vida's reputation stems from standing by our friends through think and thin, it's what we do best.

At the very least I can assure you that if NV was a friend and ally of Pacifica, we wouldn't be in peace mode right now. Can't say the same about your current posse, but that's how the cookie crumbles I guess.

So no, Mr. Dahl, I have no concern for your well being. I only provide unbiased guidance to those who need it. Whether you are at the top of your game, or down in the gutter, Karma will get you. If you don't believe it, check out the quote in my sig.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can lower yourself to the level of petty ad-hominem insults if you like, but that hardly helps your argument.

As for the laughable idea that this thread is a debate, keep debating the strawman you've created guys.

I can tell you just got your e-logic textbook from Francograd University and are excited to use big words like "ad hominem" to make it sound like you have any idea what you're talking about. Just FYI, insults are not ad hominems.

An ad hominem would be "you are an idiot, therefore your argument is wrong", whereas Tulafaras said "your argument is wrong, therefore you are an idiot." See the difference? It's important.

I can tell you just got your e-logic textbook from Francograd University and are excited to use big words like "ad hominem" to make it sound like you have any idea what you're talking about. Just FYI, insults are not ad hominems.

An ad hominem would be "you are an idiot, therefore your argument is wrong", whereas Tulafaras said "your argument is wrong, therefore you are an idiot." See the difference? It's important.

Ad-hominem means "the man". An insult against my immediate person is an ad-hominem insult.

If you don't like ad-hominem, there are plenty of supercilious arguments in here as well.

Edited by James Dahl

Then we're not so different, you and I.

I am prepared to have my nation burn for TORN, or RIA, or IRON, or MCXA, or TPF or Fark or any other ally, should they stand with us or have need of us.

I don't speak for my entire alliance, but it is for my comrades, my friends and my allies that I fight, not for power or supremacy.

Well then respect to you, whilst you may not be the best at debate, or trolling, or whatever it is you are doing here, I wish you the best of luck on the battlefield if that is truly what you fight for.

However, I ask you read elsewhere on the forums what your leaders have been doing, and ask yourself where you should be, as your alliance hasn't been standing for their allies.

Perhaps you may be better placed in TORN, or something, but your leadership certainly doesn't share the same values that you do.

Ad-hominem means "the man". An insult against my immediate person is an ad-hominem insult.

If you don't like ad-hominem, there are plenty of supercilious arguments in here as well.

Ad Hominem is a phrase used to describe a faulty argumentative tactic. Just like de facto and de jure mean more than simply the bald faced meaning of their words, an ad hominem does as well.

Ad Hominem is a phrase used to describe a faulty argumentative tactic. Just like de facto and de jure mean more than simply the bald faced meaning of their words, an ad hominem does as well.

Learn Latin.

De-facto means "in Fact" and de-jure "in Law". For instance Somalia is legally a single entity but in actual fact is a mess of factions, so it is a "de-Jure" country but not "de-facto".

The fact that people who don't know what the phrases mean have assigned various additional meanings is not my problem.

If you've been paying attention to all the treaty cancellations lately, you're apparently not doing that swell of a job standing by them.

They don't want to burn for us, and that's OK.

Some of them want to do the burning, and that's OK too.

Plenty of burning to go around.

Not in logic it has that meaning. But I don't suppose you know how to use logic, so I'm wasting my time.

I once ordered the soup du jour in a Roman restaurant. Boy was I surprised!!!

ba-dum cha!

Thank you thank you. Tip your waitresses.

If you've been paying attention to all the treaty cancellations lately, you're apparently not doing that swell of a job standing by them.

Look, just saying... If NPO's allies are bailing on NPO before a war, who exactly isn't standing by their friends?

-Bama

I stand for my friends and allies, what do you stand for?

I've stood by my friends more than you could ever imagine. I've sacrificed more than your pitiful $@! ever has. So don't you dare sit there and question my loyalty to the people whom I've stood with, fought with, and sacrificed for. You don't know what sacrifice means Pacifican. It's also obvious you have no clue what loyalty, respect, and honor means. That's what I stand for. It's what I've always stood for. Even when I made my own mistakes. By your word and deed, you stand for nothing but self-interest which makes you weak not to mention weak minded. Got anything else you want to add to make your position weaker? I'd love to hear it.

Look, just saying... If NPO's allies are bailing on NPO before a war, who exactly isn't standing by their friends?

-Bama

Bama, I've always had respect for you. It is with that respect that I ask; If NPO's life sucks so much the what's the only constant there? I mean really, if one person is being a jerk and treating everyone else who's stood by them like they only exist to further their own agenda, what would you do? A real friend never asks their friends to choose.

I've stood by my friends more than you could ever imagine. I've sacrificed more than your pitiful $@! ever has. So don't you dare sit there and question my loyalty to the people whom I've stood with, fought with, and sacrificed for. You don't know what sacrifice means Pacifican. It's also obvious you have no clue what loyalty, respect, and honor means. That's what I stand for. It's what I've always stood for. Even when I made my own mistakes. By your word and deed, you stand for nothing but self-interest which makes you weak not to mention weak minded. Got anything else you want to add to make your position weaker? I'd love to hear it.

You know nothing of me, obviously.

Your good with words Archon, and one thing is for sure, there will be no winners coming out of this war for the cost upon nations will be so great as to make whatever win you have simply in name but not in what is left.

Where ever I may fall on this battle to both sides, fight well, have fun, and give 'em hell.