Archon

e- ^^^^ Not replying to you. See? But I think this'll finally do it.

Nope.

But people rarely put "ever" and "recently" together like that.

I'm sorry, I should proof-read.

You shouldn't start a sentence with "but".

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You could be right. I don't know. I can't honestly say I know any more about most of the recent cancellations than what's public knowledge. Certainly, there are alliances who have canceled on NPO that I have great respect for. But you and me both know that there were some who just bailed.

To be honest, it just galls me that so many people have the attitude of "Always put friends before infra... Unless of course I don't like your friends." Most people haven't even questioned the cancellations that are obvious examples of political maneuvering. My point here is that double standards aren't just something that NPO or any one group does. We've all done it at one point or another, usually without even meaning to. That's what I wish people would understand. We're all human, and we all have a tendency to see what we want to see.

-Bama

Sadly, Bama, this is true more often than not. Believe me, any questions about the recent cancellations have been asked, usually that sort of thing happens in private, as you are well aware. There may even be a post or two about it around here somewhere. I'm not digging through all the threads to find it. Never the less, I do see your point to a certain degree.

We never said we were perfect, anyone who's ever met me can attest to that. We just don't like the way people have been treated around here and we're sick of it. On that, many can agree. So many years of being told, " Well, if you don't like it do something about it, lulz" has resulted in the current climate we see here today. If "might makes right" is all your enemy understands then what recourse are you to have when they refused our attempts at diplomacy for years(often times resulting in ridicule) or heck, even attempts to make amends for past wrongs in a less... childish manner?( I myself was ridiculed harshly for merely wanting to state my case. While I feel I did wrong, I should have at least been allowed to present my side without the childish B.S. that NPO pulled before I had to quit for the better part of a year. It was only upon my return a month ago I was able to open dialogue with Moo and settle things more civily. Point is it shouldn't have been that way.), spied on enemy and ally alike, and destroyed something very unique and special to me that I will never get back. For this, they burn. At least for me.

Edited by Max Rockatansky