Archon

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bama, I've always had respect for you. It is with that respect that I ask; If NPO's life sucks so much the what's the only constant there? I mean really, if one person is being a jerk and treating everyone else who's stood by them like they only exist to further their own agenda, what would you do? A real friend never asks their friends to choose.

You could be right. I don't know. I can't honestly say I know any more about most of the recent cancellations than what's public knowledge. Certainly, there are alliances who have canceled on NPO that I have great respect for. But you and me both know that there were some who just bailed.

To be honest, it just galls me that so many people have the attitude of "Always put friends before infra... Unless of course I don't like your friends." Most people haven't even questioned the cancellations that are obvious examples of political maneuvering. My point here is that double standards aren't just something that NPO or any one group does. We've all done it at one point or another, usually without even meaning to. That's what I wish people would understand. We're all human, and we all have a tendency to see what we want to see.

-Bama

NPO allied these people as political move

These alliances are now self-aware and not content to play 2nd to NPO. Mabey NPO should start treatying real friends not just meatshields

Treaty relationships are a two way street. If all of the treaties canceled recently are as worthless as some claim, surely NPO is not solely to blame.

Can I see the stuff you guys were going to unload on us when you attacked us tomorrow if we hadn't attacked you first?

What was your CB going to be? I know what it would be obviously, but I'm sure you would have a more justifiable spin on it.

Here's where your own paranoia is blurring your view. What makes you so sure "we" were going to attack you? In fact, was there anything that hinted to that? You were the ones taking an offensive position with your interrogation to begin with. You were the ones who demanded. Your "side" was the one jumping into peace mode over somebody accepting some screen shots.

Is it that you're too used to the way you roll that you assume everybody does the same?

Whether or not this is worthy of this reaction (and I think it is), the NPO have ushered in a paradigm which allows a great deal of discretion for the more powerful and manipulative side. This time, it seems they've been out-played. To claim it's unfair is ridiculous, to claim there's a conspiracy just because some people (myself included) will relish it is missing the point. Three years of bullying and control were bound to lead to this, and objections on the grounds that it was being "planned all along", or because the bandwagon is for once against you are somewhere between disingenuous and crybabyish.

Enjoy your jackboot, my darlings.

Perhaps, but this is hardly a logical debate now is it?

We have our facts, as we understand them, and you have your facts, as you would like them to be. You refuse to debate until we acknowledge your facts, and you refuse until we acknowledge yours.

I wonder, sir, if you know much of the philosophy of science? An essential tenet of which is that no two people can have different facts considered equal solely because they both hold their belief in these facts equally strongly. Don't bother trying to argue that your theories are equal to theories backed up by actual empirical, uncontested fact.
You have some valid points but you still haven't said what MK or you would do if you were in our situation in the exact same scenario.
To use an old nugget of Pacifican wisdom: We should only consider the alliance that was stupid enough to get itself into this position. Anything else is invalid.
Learn Latin.

De-facto means "in Fact" and de-jure "in Law". For instance Somalia is legally a single entity but in actual fact is a mess of factions, so it is a "de-Jure" country but not "de-facto".

The fact that people who don't know what the phrases mean have assigned various additional meanings is not my problem.

And there you ignore what he says entirely. I think we all know the meanings of the words and phrases without the aid of the example your politics teacher gave you last week. The point being made is that they have been adapted into this language to mean something more specific than the actual literal meanings of the words, therefore your original accusation was invalid and dodging the actual accusation you were charged with defending.

I will not bore you with the details of these discussions [..] and I will not presume to press my own opinions concerning that upon you.

I will not bore you with facts, or anything else so trivial.

I wont bore you with anything as trivial as details or facts, but I hate NPO and their history of success. And I won't press my own opinions on you, I promise this is simply accurate reporting.

sean_hannity.jpg

"Karma" aka the Planet Bob Neocons

pffft. NPObama doesn't lose.

Edited by The Chairman

You sound like Bill O'reilly or Sean Hannity.

I wont bore you with details, but NPO needs to die. Oh yeah, and I won't press my own opinions on you, this is completely balanced

sean_hannity.jpg

You're gonna need to try quite a bit harder.

I wont bore you with anything as trivial as details or facts, but I hate NPO and their history of success. And I won't press my own opinions on you, I promise this is simply accurate reporting.

sean_hannity.jpg

pffft. NPObama doesn't lose.

"we will curbstomp you because we have more resources than you" ~NPO and neocon doctrine 2000-2009