An open letter to all of the Cyberverse

pezstar

Dear Alliances and Nations of the Cyberverse,

By now, we've all become aware of the war on the horizon. It's a war that has the possibility of changing the future of how the Cyberverse is run. For some, it's the opportunity to make their final stand against the status quo, and say "No! We no longer wish to live in a world that is run by your rules." For others, it's a chance to establish themselves as The Powers That Be once and for all.

No one knows how it will play out in the coming days, weeks, and maybe even months. No one knows the outcome. I will tell you what both I, and many in the Siberian Tiger Alliance know, however. We know what honor is.

Honor is having the guts to stand up for what you believe in, regardless of what that may be, and to continue standing up for it regardless of whether you are winning or losing. It's doing the right thing regardless of what others think. It's standing not behind your allies, but beside them.

Over the last year that this war has been building, a group emerged, constantly criticizing the other side for their policies and practices. As we've gradually watched the Continuum begin to unravel, I've noticed that members of the opposition group have developed a tendency to applaud when alliances they perceive to be on their side perform some of the same acts they've been so quick to criticize before, and when called out on it, reply with such statements as "Yes, I'm sure it hurts when you get a taste of your own medicine."

No, my friends. That is not how it should be. Two wrongs don't make a right. We've declared ourselves to be the honorable, moral ones for ages now. It's time to pay the piper and prove it. Should the world come to blows as is expected, it's time to show the rest of the Cyberverse that we practice what we preach, and plan to bring REAL change to the World, rather than the same old status quo but with different people holding the steering wheel.

I urge everyone, regarding their side in this mess, to act with honor. Practice what you preach, and remember that dying with honor is far better than living without it.

Za Sibir,

Pezstar

Consilium Tigris

Siberian Tiger Alliance

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As this is an OOC forum, and this response is OOC, I really have one thing to say - the moral highground disgusts me. I find it absolutely ridiculous that people skate by on words like "honor" and "freedom". This is a Geo-political Simulator. You may think you may have more "honor" doing it your way, but you're just the same as the rest of us. You're a player of a game.

As this is an OOC forum, and this response is OOC, I really have one thing to say - the moral highground disgusts me. I find it absolutely ridiculous that people skate by on words like "honor" and "freedom". This is a Geo-political Simulator. You may think you may have more "honor" doing it your way, but you're just the same as the rest of us. You're a player of a game.

Why does the fact that this is a game make it okay to act without decency? Honor is just as applicable to this game as any other concept. We're not the same as "the rest of you", because we choose to act according to some sort of moral code. You are not absolved of every conceivable crime by the mere fact that this is a game.

We all play with our own ideals of how we wish the world to run. For some it's via honor. For others it's via tyranny. Everyone has their idea of right and wrong. The point of this post was that those who have decried the way the other side does things cannot declare those same things as honorable when they're done in their name.

I don't quite understand. Ivan was perhaps, the finest crafter of "Honor" and "Justice" there was in this game. Course, it was an egotistical justice, but all justice eventually becomes warped to suit the person using it.

At any rate, I agree with this post, and I disagree. I disagree with "objective" morality and honor. I have my own meaning of what honor is, and I'll go by that standard and nobody else's. If you find that dishonorable, then so be it.

Edited by MegaAros

This is a game, that doesn't make you any cooler than the rest of us by playing ruthlessly or without compassion. By all means go ahead and play that way, but don't complain when it bites you in the $@!.

I am a mere ranked file. I go where I'm told, do what I'm told, and hell nor hair shall stop the unending pursuit of the perfect pen. Is there nothing more important to a filed rank than being able to be drawn on with supreme accuracy and ingenuity? I think not. Let us create together a work of masterful proportion, let our inked lines flow unceasingly and without censorship. Let lines be drawn, crossed, dotted, but never truly erased.

-Pen 1:01:01:0

Why does the fact that this is a game make it okay to act without decency? Honor is just as applicable to this game as any other concept. We're not the same as "the rest of you", because we choose to act according to some sort of moral code. You are not absolved of every conceivable crime by the mere fact that this is a game.

Who decides the moral code though, you?

Yah, this is pretty much what I've been saying in a couple different spots.

I like Pezstar's appeal, this one anyway. Lord knows she and I haven't always agreed on stuff :) but I've never thought of her as a hypocrite, quite the opposite in fact.

^Yep what he said, we're all playing in a game, not football :P

Humbug. The I'm-holier-than-thou attitude some member seem to be taking once in a while is not only an annoying stance, but also utterly moronic one, if you ask me. As this is an OOC forum, I have to assume your nice little letter is out of character, as well. And this, really, is the part that makes it moronic.

After all, this game is nothing but a political simulator, and we all have our ways of playing it. You might disagree with ways of some players and even see them as unfair, which is understandable, but all attempts to claim higher moral ground because of someone just being successful in this game of political simulation, has really no point at all and fails miserably. Have good luck with your way of playing the game, but please, please don't try to tell people what's honourable and what's not, for the concept of morals is utterly subjective and it's even more so in a dirty, dirty game like this.

Well said pezstar, but unhappyly CN is a double standards game, for eg.: people hail LoSS for what they did just because they don't like the alliances that LoSS canceled on.

This game is full of hypocrites.

A new image:

doublestandards02.png