A Decree from Sparta

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While is interesting see another alliance leaving Q I don't know why so much frisson because I can see in wiki that Sparta still have follow treaties:

MDoAP with Valhalla

MDoAP with IRON

MDoAP with MHA

MDP with NPO

MDP with MCXA

So whats change is that they are treatiened with NATO, TPF and OG anymore.

Not really a big deal unless others alliances are planning leave Q soon.

I would refer you to Archon's earlier post, which fits well with yours.

Also, best of luck to all, etc.

Deep behind the borders of Paradoxia, the Shadow Grand Master taps the keys of his personal workstation. An electronic voice crackles forth:

Phase 3 of Gramlin Betrayal complete. Phase 4 initiated.

:villainous laughter:

Haha, I like your style.

Have fun, Sparta. - Don't spend it all in one place.

Also, I think "A Spartan Decree" would sound better, but that's just me:P

Such a title would imply that it would be written in Laconic prose, a skill that few possess these days. As such, I find the title to be appropriate.

Sorry Q, you know its not you its us. we just sorta grew apart. I hope we can still be friends.

Also, this has nothing to do with your sister. She may be hotter and cooler than you but...ya its all about your sister.

o/Doxa Sparta\o

W... what?! Stay away from Polaris! She's a minor!

While is interesting see another alliance leaving Q I don't know why so much frisson because I can see in wiki that Sparta still have follow treaties:

MDoAP with Valhalla

MDoAP with IRON

MDoAP with MHA

MDP with NPO

MDP with MCXA

So whats change is that they are treatiened with NATO, TPF and OG anymore.

Not really a big deal unless others alliances are planning leave Q soon.

"An attack on one signatory shall be considered an attack on all signatories and will be met in defense by all other signatories with all means of assistance available. This assistance is mandatory and may not be overridden or mitigated by any means, including but not limited to conflicting agreements." (From Q wiki) - http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/The_Con...Defense_and_War

In short if Sparta has conflicting treaties they're no longer obliged to defend NPO, if that causes them to attack a treaty party. But I could be reading this wrong.

"An attack on one signatory shall be considered an attack on all signatories and will be met in defense by all other signatories with all means of assistance available. This assistance is mandatory and may not be overridden or mitigated by any means, including but not limited to conflicting agreements." (From Q wiki) - http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/The_Con...Defense_and_War

In short if Sparta has conflicting treaties they're no longer obliged to defend NPO, if that causes them to attack a treaty party. But I could be reading this wrong.

and probably if they enter a new bloc, it will override those treaties.

The MHA still loves you, Sparta. I don't think that your leaving makes any practical change for us.

I think that you're basically reading it right, althought the bloc mechanism is a bit more complicated than that: the reason, the CB and the story of a conflict would also play a major part in determining how tC's accord ultimately "functions" (signatories are forbidden to attack other partners' allies, etc).

If TOP betrayed attacked Sparta, for example, tC wouldn't be obligated to defend TOP from counter-attacks coming from Sparta's allies. At least, this is how I read the treaty (although there's always a bunch of people that each read any treaty in his/her own way - generally not as I read them - thus I don't recommend taking my words as pure gold... ;))