Imperial Decree from the New Pacific Order

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to say firstly thanks NPO for the effort and help you've given us over the past few months. And an even bigger thanks for this announcement.

On this occassion, I think I can safely say, ignore my sig!

Well done GATO!

Also:

Anyway, there is no radio silence and this is ridiculous. You could have noticed that for half a year even a year now besides couple of names, NPO membership base is really avoiding this medium. Much like IRON membership base.

I call shens

Oops quoted the wrong guy sorry! This was ment for Bakamitai's post on the first page.

Of course Baka, were never rid of your antics! :D Buts its been good to have you. I couldn't think of a better Pacifican to have around :D.

Edited by JMKeynes

Dammit, now I need to change my sig. Congrats GATO, this was a long time coming, I'll be interested to see where you go from here.

Forgive me if this was already asked, but have all foreign admin and mod accounts on GATO forums been removed? Same with IRC channels?

Bravo, I'm truely impressed by this announcement. The only thing that would have made this annoucement better would have been a white peace with FAN also, but we all know thats not going to happen any time soon.

:P

Speaking with the Economic Viceroy staff at GATO, it was a pleasure to be able to work with you and learn a bit more about GATO and GATOans.

Working with Cortath and the Economic Viceroy team was fantastic. Im not sure what i would say, people will that cynically but the best thing i can do is be sincere.

So with all sincerity, Cortath helped up rebuild a lot. The work my own team of MoF Officers was paramount to getting GATO back on its feat aiding with the best of them. The processes we learnt from we tried to redevelop in a way that would fit into our own culture. Things we thought would clash, Cortath was very accommodating.

In fear of me sounding like I'm praising NPO way to much, I can say it was a team effort the Viceroy team with GATO's finest economic minds and hard workers.

Forgive me if this was already asked, but have all foreign admin and mod accounts on GATO forums been removed? Same with IRC channels?

I was in the GATO channel for a short time earlier today.. I'd ask people not criticize how GATO sets up its public channel access list, as a lot of alliances have foreigners as ops, etc in their public channels.

If there are still forum mods/admins or any kind of membership access on the GATO forums for any foreigner or regular access to private GATO IRC channels by foreigners though, then the viceroyalty hasn't ended.

Why congratulate an alliance on 'their new independence', which is a sovereign body to begin with, but was forced into viceroyship by your alliance?

The situation as it is now is normal. I would like to congratulate GATO on getting rid of their oppressors.

Alliances choose the terms they will accept in order to gain peace, and GATO as a sovereign alliance chose to accept the terms they were given. They acted with dignity both during the war and the resulting peace afterwards.

To see that they honoured their terms and that we have grown to at least respect each other is something that should be congratulated on. We have overcome a lot of history to be where we are now. I think it shows a strength of character for both my comrades and the members of GATO that we have come this far.

I hope the treaty we both signed is the start of the mutual rebuilding of trust and friendship that we shared in the very early days of Planet Bob.

Alliances choose the terms they will accept in order to gain peace, and GATO as a sovereign alliance chose to accept the terms they were given. They acted with dignity both during the war and the resulting peace afterwards.

You got a point there, Litha. GATO could have either accepted the ridiculously harsh terms which took away their sovereignty, or they could have enjoyed a nice little perpetual war. Now that's what I call freedom of choice! content.gif

Edited by Rebel Virginia

You got a point there, Litha. GATO could have either accepted the ridiculously harsh terms which took away their sovereignty, or they could have enjoyed a nice little perpetual war. Now that's what I call freedom of choice! content.gif

The RV, Stating the obvious, Obviously. :P

To see that they honoured their terms and that we have grown to at least respect each other is something that should be congratulated on. We have overcome a lot of history to be where we are now. I think it shows a strength of character for both my comrades and the members of GATO that we have come this far.

I hope the treaty we both signed is the start of the mutual rebuilding of trust and friendship that we shared in the very early days of Planet Bob.

I would have chosen to accept the terms if I had to choose between them or to suffer the same fate as FAN.

EDIT: grammar

Edited by erikz

Whilst I agree that in essence the situation was never desirable, we were given a choice. And it is just and Rebel_Virginia states it. But i see it with more optimism.

No one ever wants war. War is a harsh mistress from which we can learn many things about our alliance. We learnt to carry our selves honorably and to the highest level of integrity. When posed with an alternative to war so incredibly pointless, I guess we had to chose the best option. Either fade into irrelevance and collapse under the pressure of a never ending war or have our sovereignty subject to another alliance. Neither option was preferable, but knowing that we either had a chance of never getting peace, or suffering the treads of a viceroy and knowing that there was a minimum stipulation and NOT a maximum, we knew that there would be a chance of peace in the future. I guess my point is simply that both options sucked but one sucked a little less.

As some one posted that courage wasn't the absence of fear but the judgement to tell that something is more important then fear then I would say; yes. In this sense we, as an alliance saw that; yes it was a scarey prospect being under the NPO for an indefinite period, but if we were to judge anything more important then being scared of subjugation to an NPO viceroy, then it would be peace. Peace is not just the absence of war, mind you, it's much much more then that. In wartime culture is stiffled, there is less fun to be had, and development in terms of policy and nation building all goes to hell. But there was one thing the war solidified, that is GATO is an alliance that is here to stay. In peace time, we are able to develop the alliance. Friendships and bonds form during war, and they carry us through peace time.

Yes, GATO is the oldest alliance and we aren't going anywhere.

Its party time in GATO.