Imperial Decree from the New Pacific Order

He's talking about the fact that now that the rumored "sides" are beginning to even out instead of being a curbstomp, that now it's become essential to once again make sure that you have the PR backing for a war. Some might say it's a return to the roots where PR and the "moral right and wrong" of a war contributed heavily to the outcome of a war.
OOC: This one. Duh.

IC:

Please come back when you have an actual response to my argument instead of just looking dumbfounded. Thanks. :D

Looking into the past shows a lot of popular opinion, especially the sympathy vote, going to such groups as the League and Aegis in the past. Those are two examples of groups built around the concept of trying to carry popular opinion in the way most popular today. Now think about how this doesn't line up with your premise.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol at GATO being a threat when it was rolled. NPO just pulled a CB from its little magician's hat

Ya got me there. True, they weren't. But a magician's hat? Please. :rolleyes:

and used that because they didn't like an enemy staying alive and free.

Pretty much every alliance has done that at some point. I believe the Gremlins did the same to Polar, no? I'm hardly criticizing the decision, it makes sense, which is my point. GATO may have been less of a threat than Polar or whatever, but the fact remains, taking out enemies due to them being enemies is hardly stupid. Whether you agree or not is another story, naturally.

I believe my general point still stands, however. That is, the last sentence or two of my last post:

Yet CN moves forward believe it or not, I think the fact they signed a treaty together, even if a PIAT, means that door for one is closed.

See: Legion and Pacifica's friendship and I believe mutual defense treaty.

Edited by rabonnobar

Looking into the past shows a lot of popular opinion, especially the sympathy vote, going to such groups as the League and Aegis in the past. Those are two examples of groups built around the concept of trying to carry popular opinion in the way most popular today. Now think about how this doesn't line up with your premise.

Now think about UJP and how they were the reverse of that position. Now consider what the specifics strengths and weaknesses of each of these respective examples were and how that impacts the premise as a whole.

3 things:

A. I applaud you on the choice to release GATO and of your ZI policy. Congratulations to NPO for their mercy in this time and GATO for their freedom and perseverance.

B. The fool who believes public perception is for the weak will soon find himself on the other end of the stick. It is actually quite amazing how grass roots movements can accomplish much (Obama) only by talking and spreading the word.

C. Congratulations and good luck to Jarheads as well. As I said the other day it is very refreshing to see wars with little or no terms at all. I am grateful to see that we are taking the players into account when it comes to war in this community. I truly hope to see this trend continue in the months ahead.

Edited by NorthernLights

Even if I was to concede your point that we're doing this just for the PR... shouldn't y'all be happy we've done it at all?

1. Clamor for the NPO to change it's position on something.

2. NPO changes it's position on something.

3. Complain about how the NPO only changed its position on something because of the clamoring.

4. ...

5. Profit?

Maybe I shouldn't complain. I mean heck, it proves Pacifica can bend to public opinion.

Edit : keh-rap, I was replying to a PM and it ended up here.

OT : Well, I guess, it's about time people clean up their cache memories. Maintaining ZIs are a lot of hassle and not that very much entertaining.

Edited by Geiseric

Even if I was to concede your point that we're doing this just for the PR... shouldn't y'all be happy we've done it at all?

3. Complain about how the NPO only changed its position on something because of the clamoring.

4. ...

5. Profit?

Then where is the statement giving FAN its freedom? Where is the apology for keeping GATO under the heel all of this time? Doing something just for the PR and doing something because there was a realization of mistakes are two different things. One means you have seen the supposed "light" and will aim to make better decisions in the future, and the other is only a temporary deal meant to sway the public eye long enough to shove a knife into their back.

Ya got me there. True, they weren't. But a magician's hat? Please. :rolleyes:

Pretty much every alliance has done that at some point. I believe the Gremlins did the same to Polar, no? I'm hardly criticizing the decision, it makes sense, which is my point. GATO may have been less of a threat than Polar or whatever, but the fact remains, taking out enemies due to them being enemies is hardly stupid. Whether you agree or not is another story, naturally.

I believe my general point still stands, however. That is, the last sentence or two of my last post.

A year old grudge against one man who changed nothing in GATO does not a CB make.

Now think about UJP and how they were the reverse of that position. Now consider what the specifics strengths and weaknesses of each of these respective examples were and how that impacts the premise as a whole.

I find it more likely that people want to paint things a certain way ;)

OOC: I seem to recall a lot of previous coalitions playing the role of "bad guys". They made and kept allies by being reliable partners. Theres more ways to succeed than pandering.

4. ...

5. Profit?

Maybe because a sincere change of heart means that when the situation suits you you won't go trampling all over the policies you've just laid out, whereas a PR-motivated stunt generally means that's exactly what you intend to do.

Didn't you know bigwoody? I've hired Delta as the SMHouse Press Secretary. Welcome to politics.

Heaping praise on NPO for this is ridiculous. Is CN really that thick or what? I don't think I'll ever understand you sycophants.

What I'll never understand is why "sycophants" has become Planet Bob's new favourite word.

What I'll never understand is why "sycophants" has become Planet Bob's new favourite word.

When you don't read, using words that sound "big" makes it sounds like maybe you do read. That's been my experience at least. [edit sp]

Edited by Cortath

It's a good way to insult someone and sound like you are smart at the same time. "Toady" just makes you sound cliche.

*waves to Slayer*