Imperial Decree from the New Pacific Order

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too little, too late. It seems like you've made this announcement not because it is the right thing to do (the lack of apologies backs this up - you were wrong to do what you did, admit it) but because it was the bare minimum you could do just to stop the flow of treaty cancellations - cancellations which were threatening the NPO-run hegemonic dominance over Digiterra. The fact that FAN have not been freed as a part of this 'new honourable NPO' is very revealing and backs up the thought that you're only doing this for your own good and no-one else's. My guess is that you're scrabbling around for things to make you look good to stop the trend of other, more morally sound alliances, drifting away from you and weakening your position. Anything to stay as #1, right? It's kinda see-through actually.

Congratulations to those regaining their freedom today.

It was a pleasure to do my small part in the economic side of things.

o/ GATO

Edit:-

Too little, too late. It seems like you've made this announcement not because it is the right thing to do (the lack of apologies backs this up - you were wrong to do what you did, admit it) but because it was the bare minimum you could do just to stop the flow of treaty cancellations - cancellations which were threatening the NPO-run hegemonic dominance over Digiterra. The fact that FAN have not been freed as a part of this 'new honourable NPO' is very revealing and backs up the thought that you're only doing this for your own good and no-one else's. My guess is that you're scrabbling around for things to make you look good to stop the trend of other, more morally sound alliances, drifting away from you and weakening your position. Anything to stay as #1, right? It's kinda see-through actually.

Congratulations to those regaining their freedom today.

I doubt we'll apologise, and I personally don't believe we need to. Have you read any of the posts from GATOans in this thread?

FAN have not been freed as they continue to be hostile to us. Both on these forums and in their spy attempts and tech scams. Why would we let people so belligerent to us, free?

Also I think your post was motivated at your annoyance that you'll have to edit that sig :P

Edited by kernzi

I find it amazing that some people cannot offer a simple "good job" to the NPO as a result of this action.

Crowd: "Release GATO, you evil purveyors of world-wide hegemony!"

NPO: "Okay, we'll release them (and a few other groups/people of note)."

Crowd: "Haha! You caved! And no apology? What about this other alliance? You're just trying to save your skin!"

Okay, sure, push for more change, but celebrate the victories and applaud the positive changes as they occur.

I doubt we'll apologise, and I personally don't believe we need to. Have you read any of the posts from GATOans in this thread?

FAN have not been freed as they continue to be hostile to us. Both on these forums and in their spy attempts and tech scams. Why would we let people so belligerent to us, free?

Also I think your post was motivated at your annoyance that you'll have to edit that sig :P

I'm happy for GATO, but this is not about them, it's about the NPO and the obvious motivation behind this announcement. It is not sincere at all and there is no indication of a real change in your attitudes.

The FAN argument has been done to death; they fight against you in the ways they can because they're at war (and have been for a ridiculous amount of time), they will not stop until they get white peace (understandable, given how the last NPO-FAN peace terms played out). I think that covers it, but if you want to discuss it more we can do so by PM or something because this isn't a FAN peace term thread.

As for the sig, you might be right :( It's a conspiracy, you freed GATO just to annoy me, I knew it! :mad:

While some of this (the GATO freedom in particular) has been a long time coming, there is really nothing to be disappointed about here. A great move by the NPO. Very well done indeed.

o/

Agreed. What does it matter if they have ulterior motives? They just gave everyone exactly what they've wanted for ages... a free GATO and a policy that's against running rulers out of the Cyberverse.

There's nothing to complain about here. Sometimes, I think that people see the name "NPO" attached to the post and say "HMM. How can I complain today?"

Agreed. What does it matter if they have ulterior motives? They just gave everyone exactly what they've wanted for ages... a free GATO and a policy that's against running rulers out of the Cyberverse.

Giving freedom to one whilst still happily stomping down others does not make an alliance worth praising. It's a step, sure (a step with superfluous motives is still a step, I'll agree) but I'll reserve my hails until the actions of the alliance warrant them.

Edited by Aimee Mann

There's nothing to complain about here. Sometimes, I think that people see the name "NPO" attached to the post and say "HMM. How can I complain today?"

I'm afraid I don't agree. The wording is very vague, and I'm sure it was intentionally so.

"the Emperor reserves the right to extend those sentences to fit the crime;" What that says is that the Emperor can say "Heck with policy, I feel this crime deserves more than one round of wars... continue the wars until I say stop." IF NPO wanted to put the good foot completely forward, they would have left out that very contradictory statement in their policy changes. Else, why even have that section?

While I can applaud the NPO for making these changes, one is left to wonder just WHY they're making the changes. If it was indeed a change of heart, they would have made the moves across the board.

To use an extremely irrelevant metaphor:

"You there, you're a bad man forcing people eat popcorn until they die. You're depleting the world's popcorn supply! Oh, and killing people too."

"Meh, what you gonna do about it?"

"I'll shake my fist menacingly at you and plot your doom."

"Go for it."

Months later...

"Hmm... seems there's been reports of a resistance forming. I'll give them a few pieces of steak for now, but once they trust me... BACK TO THE POPCORN!"