The Return and the Struggle

Iotupa

We all created the system - the old authors no longer matter.

The future authors of the years to come have no reason to continue repeating the same mistakes.

I disagree.

I had no part in the creation of this current system.

I admit, I used to be in a Continuum alliance. Well, two of them, one with my old nation and one with my current nation.

However I can do nothing to force them to change their ways, and truth be told if I could I wouldn't want to force them to change their ways, thats not who I am. I don't believe in forcing a belief structure on anyone. But I do have a strong sense of justice, and injustice. The current hegemony has used alliances in the past to further their own short term goals.

However every alliance does that to a certain extent, because such is the nature of politics.

What the current hegemony does in regards to PZI is done in part because there is nobody with the power, military or political, who can, or who even has the will, to appose it in such a way as to make them think twice about the widespread usage of it.

This current hegemony is not created by all of us, but it is created by the most powerful alliances in existence. Why are they the most powerful alliances? Because of both the actions of themselves, but also the actions of alliances who some have betrayed and cast aside when their usefullness had expired.

This current hegemony also exists because there is not sufficient strength or will to appose it in any way that is capable of changing the hegemony. The unrest is present, given the Vox movement and others events, however as long as the Continuum is together with NPO, IRON, MHA, Sparta, and a majority of the sanctioned alliances in it, or allied to Continuum members via the treaty web (like ODN is) nothing can, or will, change.

Good luck with the plea Jonathan, but it is nothing more than that, a plea to those who have absolutely noincentive to do as you ask. And one thing remains true, and that is that might may not make right, but might does indeed make what is.

Edit: added the word "no" in a sentence. Amazing how adding that one word changes the meaning of a sentence.

Edited by Caliph

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caliph - fair enough - nice response!

This current hegemony also exists because there is not sufficient strength or will to appose it in any way that is capable of changing the hegemony. The unrest is present, given the Vox movement and others events, however as long as the Continuum is together with NPO, IRON, MHA, Sparta, and a majority of the sanctioned alliances in it, or allied to Continuum members via the treaty web (like ODN is) nothing can, or will, change.

Cant say I disagree with anything there.

Edited by Paradigm

I do not think you will find anyone willing to take you until you resolve your list problem. So if you happen to die and re-incarnate in RL, you should be free to play CN again.

LOL

It's indeed really sick that you basically cannot play CN again as the same persoon. EZI is bad :(

LOL

It's indeed really sick that you basically cannot play CN again as the same persoon. EZI is bad :(

If you really re-roll, i.e. dont just come back "undercover" and jump into your old alliance, friends, and persona, how could they even know you were back?

If you really re-roll, i.e. dont just come back "undercover" and jump into your old alliance, friends, and persona, how could they even know you were back?

You'd be surprised at the lengths those who practice EZI will go to in order to prevent a person from playing this game in any meaningful way. From comparing IP addresses obtained via off-site forums and IRC, to searching through the Photobucket accounts that players host their signatures on, history has shown that the EZI-enforcers of this game are able to make it very difficult for even the most cautious of rerollers.

You'd be surprised at the lengths those who practice EZI will go to in order to prevent a person from playing this game in any meaningful way. From comparing IP addresses obtained via off-site forums and IRC, to searching through the Photobucket accounts that players host their signatures on, history has shown that the EZI-enforcers of this game are able to make it very difficult for even the most cautious of rerollers.

Any specific examples?

What did JB do again?

Posted logs of top secret alliance channels like ages ago.

E-ZI is such a terrible practice that makes those who use it look awful. JB I've been in your position some time. I know most likely you won't do this because you think it's a waste of you're time but I have also been on E-ZI and have gotten off due to negotiations. Please seek me out and shoot me a query. I promise I'll get you off.

You make it sound so easy, but who would want to comeback like that? Not being able to talk to your old freinds or be yourself?

Edited by Kindom of Goon

You make it sound so easy, but who would want to comeback like that? Not being able to talk to your old freinds or be yourself?

I think you might be missing the point of a re-roll, rolling for that new character sheet in most role plays would mean you have a new group of friends and new values. Some may even find it thrilling to come back and travel down a whole new path, making new friends and creating a new persona. There is a difference between speaking to old friends OOC and jumping back into the same pattern by relying on your past persona to build up your new one.

That being said I wish Jonathan Brookbank luck in getting his name off of those EZI / PZI lists, no one should be forced off of the game simply because they do not wish to play a new character in a different way.

I think you might be missing the point of a re-roll, rolling for that new character sheet in most role plays would mean you have a new group of friends and new values. Some may even find it thrilling to come back and travel down a whole new path, making new friends and creating a new persona. There is a difference between speaking to old friends OOC and jumping back into the same pattern by relying on your past persona to build up your new one.

That being said I wish Jonathan Brookbank luck in getting his name off of those EZI / PZI lists, no one should be forced off of the game simply because they do not wish to play a new character in a different way.

The bolded takes a special breed good sir, a talent that's very rare here in PB, I know a few who could do it, however it's not for everyone.

I am in agreement know one should be forced to play there character a certain way.

Methinks somebody didn't pick up on Mr. Brookbank's word play.

Surely this word play will be instrumental in securing IRON's respect and list removal. I doubt that laying on subtle insults was designed to be a genuine request to get unlisted, and is more likely an attempt to try and garner attention.

Do people really do that?

Come on, for someone to take a grudge that far would require a level of bitterness and small-mindedness bordering on the pathalogical.