The Return and the Struggle

Iotupa

Actually, it wasn't really public knowledge that I was still on multiple lists. I've had people coming to me on IRC asking where I'm going to go now that I'm free.

And I didn't contest that. I meant it was public knowledge that GGA released you.

If people didn't know you were on other lists then they must have missed your public blog and the screenshot of Starfox's post by you being passed around on IRC, in public signatures, and on the OWF.

Edit: Or the link in Bama's public thread.

Edited by Bilrow

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes we have to experience evil first-hand, from both sides, before we recognise it for what it is.

Besides which, you're over-simplifying.

You come up with that first sentence and then tell me I'm over-simplifying? Perhaps you're over-dramatizing..

The major problem is this...when I started playing CN, I made the mistake of using my real name. I also made the mistake of telling people things about me. Therefore, the people who have me on e-ZI know basically everything about me. So if I ever reveal where I go to school, what state I live in, my Xbox Live gamertag, etc., they will find me. And I play this game for more than just this game. I play it for the connection to the people within my alliance, the friendships I'm able to build...I'm not going to turn into one of those people who never comes on IRC, who never talks, who never interacts with anyone in my alliance. That's not fun, and I won't play that way.

Ya that was a mistake, at least you can acknowledge it. Have you ever considered getting a new Xbox gamertag, maybe not having to tell everyone you play CN with everything about you? I doubt anyone on this forum knows where I am from or that I even own a game console. Ah well, if you have to get into that much personal depth about the game, you may have other problems to be honest. Maybe you're just a friendly kinda guy but my guess is still that you crave attention. That said, I will reiterate that I would personally like to see you removed from EZI lists and to see all EZI lists banished from the game. Seems like an out of character kind of attack that I'm, frankly, surprised to see allowed for so long.

I never ended anyone except CIN. The others (NAAC, Genmay and \m/) all voluntarily disbanded rather than face the "disgrace" of surrendering to me. In the case of the latter two alliances I did not think that it was wise to let someone off so easily who was so willing to attack us, so I made up some really distasteful terms in order to keep them fighting. Instead they disbanded. When these alliances decided to disband, I made sure they stayed disbanded.

Also I didn't say a word in CN for like 3 months, I think you're missing that point. I went out into the 'wilderness' and figured some stuff out. So, in short, I didn't just get overthrown and all the sudden I'm Che Guevara. There was an ideological journey.

Also also, I wasn't much of a fan of EZI while I was in Polar either. I had people ZI'ed, can't really recall ever putting someone on PZI and the only EZI I ever supported was someone who repeatedly had screwed with both Orders and had done so going back like 3 years from that point. I did so only after I had given him another chance and he repaid me by attempting to overthrow me. Knowing something about what I actually did while leading Polar might help you the next time you want to paint me as a hypocrite.

Also also also - Bilrow, you're still only really arguing time frame.

Hey at least you are willing to acknowledge the distasteful terms and how impossible it would have been for them to keep fighting. I'm not criticizing by the way, I loved the way you rolled back in the day. I'm just curious as to the new-found Spongitude. Going into the wild is a great idea for anyone who is on a spiritual journey by the way. I highly recommend the desert, an island, a jungle as well. Myself, I'm going to Iceland to sit in solitude for a few days here in a bit.

As someone who really doesn't care about JB and wouldn't particularly mourn him never getting off, I do have to admit that the net result of keeping him on lists at this point seems to just be that he makes more grandiose and melodramatic statements. In the interest of seeing less of these, and recognizing that nobody should really care about JB or give him this much attention, I'd have to say it's time to drop him from the lists.

As someone who really doesn't care about JB and wouldn't particularly mourn him never getting off, I do have to admit that the net result of keeping him on lists at this point seems to just be that he makes more grandiose and melodramatic statements. In the interest of seeing less of these, and recognizing that nobody should really care about JB or give him this much attention, I'd have to say it's time to drop him from the lists.

Someone please listen to this guy

EZI should not exist at all. I have been playing online multiplayer games for 13 years now. And never have I seen anything like this in other games that I play[...]

Well what did you except? This isn't just any game. It's Cyber Nations!

Edited by Tom Litler

I have a feeling poor J. Brookbank would be utterly lost if he was let off EZI. I have a feeling he enjoys prancing about as a repressed political prisoner.

It does look like my name was brought up though, so I'm going to clarify some things.

[OOC] On IRC, I do use a hawaiiantel hostmask which is apparently the same internet provider "junka" uses. Junkalunka, as nintenderek noted, was banned on #Vox, and yet somehow I, Count da Silva, managed to join the Vox channel (Our IPs were different). I was banned from the channel because I was at the time discussing Vox Populi (Somewhat ironic that they cannot tolerate free speech that disagrees with them).

Starfox then noticed I had the same hostmask "hawaiiantel," although the rest of the hostmask was different. He then took the information to NATO government to attempt to have the EZI sentence on Junkalunka carried over to myself. Simultaneously, a campaign was launched by Vox in IC sections of the OWF (like Global Politics) to link myself to Junkalunka and try to discredit me, and attempt to have me eternally ZI'd. Around the same time iirc my nation was also attacked by starfox and others while I was smaller than them.[/ooc]

The hypocrisy here was that Vox Populi, which had formerly been against EZI policies, was now trying to have it enforced against myself because I was a political opponent of theirs and spoke out against them. Considering they were willing to abandon this core principle of theirs and all their complaining about EZI just to retaliate against myself, it's not hard to imagine what sort of bunch they would be if they ever succeeded in taking over the world.

There are many Vox sympathizers but understand that they have all these noble principles while it suits their purposes. Not unlike politicians.

Edited by Count da Silva

I have a feeling poor J. Brookbank would be utterly lost if he was let off EZI. I have a feeling he enjoys prancing about as a repressed political prisoner.

It does look like my name was brought up though, so I'm going to clarify some things.

[OOC] On IRC, I do use a hawaiiantel hostname which is apparently the same one "junka" uses. Junkalunka, as nintenderek noted, was banned on #Vox, and yet somehow I, Count da Silva, managed to join the Vox channel. I was banned from the channel because I was at the time discussing Vox Populi (Somewhat ironic that they cannot tolerate free speech that disagrees with them).

Starfox then noticed I had the same hostmask "hawaiiantel," although the IP itself was different. He then took the information to NATO government to attempt to have the EZI sentence on Junkalunka carried over to myself. Simultaneously, a campaign was launched by Vox in IC sections of the OWF (like Global Politics) to link myself to Junkalunka and try to discredit me, and attempt to have me eternally ZI'd. Around the same time iirc my nation was also attacked by starfox and others while I was smaller than them.[/ooc]

The hypocrisy here was that Vox Populi, which had formerly been against EZI policies, was now trying to have it enforced against myself because I was a political opponent of theirs and spoke out against them. Considering they were willing to abandon this core principle of theirs and all their complaining about EZI just to retaliate against myself, it's not hard to imagine what sort of bunch they would be if they ever succeeded in taking over the world.

There are many Vox sympathizers but understand that they have all these noble principles while it suits their purposes. Not unlike politicians.

I notice you omitted the part where you went on a hissing-and-spitting vendetta against us that from the get-go made it pretty bloody obvious who you were. The lack of separation between your characters was because there were no separate characters. You changed your name and re-worked your arguments and picked everything else back up where you left it.

And here I was under the impression that you'd dropped it -- you'll notice, from my previous silence, that *I* have. It's funny that your criticism of JB is followed by you doing exactly the same thing. Give me a break.

da Silva, you've done quite enough in your new character to attract Vox's attention and war onto yourself. Stop complaining. That's off topic anyway.

Indeed. I have told you from pretty much day one Silva that you are obviously and loudly carrying over grudges and that it is nothing but detrimental to anyone who supports the removal of EZI from this game.

Indeed. I have told you from pretty much day one Silva that you are obviously and loudly carrying over grudges and that it is nothing but detrimental to anyone who supports the removal of EZI from this game.

God the hypocrisy and rationalization here is so thick you can cut it with a knife.

And for sponge going out into the wilderness :gag:

Talk about a monumental messiah complex.

And sponge went out into the wilderness for three months. And there he was tempted by satan... who took the form of a cow.

Edited by GTTofAK

I notice you omitted the part where you went on a hissing-and-spitting vendetta against us that from the get-go made it pretty bloody obvious who you were. The lack of separation between your characters was because there were no separate characters. You changed your name and re-worked your arguments and picked everything else back up where you left it.

And here I was under the impression that you'd dropped it -- you'll notice, from my previous silence, that *I* have. It's funny that your criticism of JB is followed by you doing exactly the same thing. Give me a break.

You know whenever I bring up that "New nation =/= new character" (not necessarily, anyway) point people just cover their ears and shout at me, if they respond to it at all. Do I get to complain about double standards now?

You know whenever I bring up that "New nation =/= new character" (not necessarily, anyway) point people just cover their ears and shout at me, if they respond to it at all. Do I get to complain about double standards now?

When you fail to make the distinction between nations and characters, you are playing God (or Admin in this case) by denying somebody the right to play the game. It's almost like losing a game of Risk, then when the new game starts, the winner of the last game refuses to let you play and kicks you out of the room. I only see EZI being appropriate when somebody has done something illegal or OOC-destructive to an alliance. If somebody gets caught doing DDoS crap on somebody's forums, then by all means, to hell with them. But excluding people for IC things after they have buried the character is not appropriate.

When you fail to make the distinction between nations and characters, you are playing God (or Admin in this case) by denying somebody the right to play the game. It's almost like losing a game of Risk, then when the new game starts, the winner of the last game refuses to let you play and kicks you out of the room. I only see EZI being appropriate when somebody has done something illegal or OOC-destructive to an alliance. If somebody gets caught doing DDoS crap on somebody's forums, then by all means, to hell with them. But excluding people for IC things after they have buried the character is not appropriate.

Did you tell starfox that also? Cause I think he missed the memo.

Edited by GTTofAK

If you mean "when you fail to make the distinction between characters and players" then I'd be inclined to agree with you. The point that Doitzel was making in specific regards to Silva and the point that I have brought up whenever I've let myself get involved in these repetitive ZI threads is that having a new nation does not automatically mean you have a new character (for example, JB here has a new nation, but he's still definitely the same character and hasn't shown any indication or desire to be anything else).

Other than that I'm going to try and not get involved this thread too much because these things never go well.

You know Doitz in all his time here I have never once seen Silva acknowledge that he was junkalunka. Not IC or even OOC. He has gone to such great measure to stay IC its downright admirable. His re-roll is exemplary, especially with so many members of vox choosing to call him Junka. Yet here you are makings such allegations against him while you defend those who flat out go re-roll and do the usual 'hey guys I'm so and so re-rolled let me back in the alliance and give me my old government job back.'

You know Doitz in all his time here I have never once seen Silva acknowledge that he was junkalunka. Not IC or even OOC. He has gone to such great measure to stay IC its downright admirable. His re-roll is exemplary, especially with so many members of vox choosing to call him Junka. Yet here you are makings such allegations against him while you defend those who flat out go re-roll and do the usual 'hey guys I'm so and so re-rolled let me back in the alliance and give me my old government job back.'

No he didnt. His measures to stay IC were to... well how about that, act exactly like Junka. His new character came forth with such a ridiculous vendetta against Vox that it wasn't even funny. No "new" player is gonna post with such fervent hostility to an alliance. He brought back his old grudges, made them very vocal, and then cried when people called him out on being exactly the same.

No he didnt. His measures to stay IC were to... well how about that, act exactly like Junka. His new character came forth with such a ridiculous vendetta against Vox that it wasn't even funny. No "new" player is gonna post with such fervent hostility to an alliance. He brought back his old grudges, made them very vocal, and then cried when people called him out on being exactly the same.

Really I remember Junka as being very pro Vox and anti NPO. Seemed to be a rather new character to me. I dont thnk you would ever see myself or any NPO member ever agreeing with Junka.

Edited by GTTofAK

Really I remember Junka as being very pro Vox and anti NPO. Seemed to be a rather new character to me.

Until, you know, he got a reason to hold a grudge against them. Then things seemed to change and stay the same from the end to the beginning.

Until, you know, he got a reason to hold a grudge against them. Then things seemed to change and stay the same from the end to the beginning.

So you are saying he should have re-rolled as a pro vox clone? That wouldn’t have been much a new character would it? And the war declarations page pretty much proved that it was starfox that was holding the grudge.

I'll ignore the irony that your own allaince founder doesn't even come close to the standards you are setting for a re-roll.

Edited by GTTofAK

Really I remember Junka as being very pro Vox and anti NPO. Seemed to be a rather new character to me. I dont thnk you would ever see myself or any NPO member ever agreeing with Junka.

I remember junka always greatly respecting NPO. He often said he modeled IAA after them.

Edited by youwish959