The Phoenix Federation Speaks

mhawk

That's some fine Police work there, Lou.

<Nintenderek> electron_sponge, now that I think of it, I do have one question. How did your spy get the link if Slayer "isn't recruiting from TPF?"

<Nintenderek> Is Slayer recruiting behind TPF's back or something?

<Banned Member> it's going to get very messy soon

<Jaym> I still think it's a joke :v

<Banned Member> dated 30th march

<Banned Member> i doubt it somewhat

<Jaym> Have you seen the charter? :P

<Nintenderek> I think someone along the line is pulling a joke, weather is be Slayer99, someone else in TPF, a spy or ES, it's gotta be a joke

<Banned Member> where

<Jaym> On the forums.

<Banned Member> which forum

<Jaym> The ones linked to in the article.

<Doitzel> haha

That's from our public channel just ten minutes after I read it. Don't believe me? Ask anyone in the convo. I made that comment right after I read the article. I thought about it a bit more during the ten minutes.

Edited by Nintenderek

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your little attack on Renye earned you my attention. Most people are content to laugh at you as I was. But that little attack on Renye annoyed me enough to care about Vox. This little shake and bake op was just the start of my fun. Time to play Doitzel. We have such sights to show you.

And your going to do what?

Scare him into peace mode?

Oh shi...

Nicely played TPF.

And seriously people. Its no that impressive. Yes TPF caught and is killing a spy, but how long did it take them to catch one spy? Yes its a hell of a job and impressive, but not as impressive as some seem to think it is. VOX will be back with more, and likely will be able to get hold of more stuff. All this really did was make VOX change how they handle information and how they work their spy rings.

VOX Spying in a nutshell:

Spy

Get caught

Spy gets killed

Rinse

Repeat

Since everyone in the uppermost chambers of our gov has been in TPF since forever (or since the Elysium fold in), it would be highly unlikely that Vox would get anything from that level of government.

Our all gov forums, possibly...if the spy acted like an active regular member and took on a gov job....but not the top levels.

And that member of yours was upper government?

It was deliberately leaked to the suspected spy. The other suspected spies did not leak anything back to Vox (at least not that we know of...until the next Tattler or TWiP).

Bothering to set up a counter-intel operation is taking them seriously. Don't play dumb Brandon.

If by counter-intel operation you mean ten posts in a bogus thread and a fake TF! site.....then ya.

It literally took all of twenty minutes....the hard part was not going to over the top...I am still amazed Electricsquarepants fell for it....

....and Bob, he isn't playing.

Brandon :P

Vox seems to truly be the star of the game, mentioned in pretty much every topic, alliances setting up Wile E. Coyote style traps to get them...

Nice sig you got there. ;)

Slayer, I've got to hand it to you and your crew. That looked like some good times. I must say, congratulations on a job well done.

I spent many hours trying to negotiate with Rebbilon. It was lots of fun :D. It was although, one big $@! waste of time.

That it was, because you actually had no intention of ever letting it succeed. But let's not bring the many failures of the ODN into this, shall we? Everyone already knows that your policies are set by the whims of other alliances and needn't be reminded.

That it was, because you actually had no intention of ever letting it succeed. But let's not bring the many failures of the ODN into this, shall we? Everyone already knows that your policies are set by the whims of other alliances and needn't be reminded.

We had full intentions of working with them. But seriously, when they refuse a ceasefire, and then send you angry PM's when they finally realize what a ceasefire means, and that it doesn't mean war, or ban you from their forums and delete your posts because you are a "trader" to them, etc then I'm afraid negotiating probably isn't going to work out.

Of course with that logic you could just as easily say that Vox is just admitting so because they want TPF to think that they caught their spy. I'd suggest just trying not to think about all of the backwards possibilities though, it would get complicated.

But seriously it seems like Vox is giving in too easily here.

Thinking about all the possibilities would make my head ache. And I'm sure Vox has more up their sleeves. It is one round to TPF and it is humorous on both sides.

Meh. I'm not impressed, for all we know the argument was real and TPF decided to post this for some badly-needed PR.

Not a big accomplishment either way.

Heh, if you think the relationships between our gov officials are that poor, you have no idea what TPF is or who our government are.

Seems like you just decided to post this to point out how ignorant you really are.

Since everyone in the uppermost chambers of our gov has been in TPF since forever (or since the Elysium fold in), it would be highly unlikely that Vox would get anything from that level of government.

Our all gov forums, possibly...if the spy acted like an active regular member and took on a gov job....but not the top levels.

So VOX will basically get what they have been getting this whole time?

My understanding of this whole thing was that you caught a spy by using fake upper gov forums. And if all of your gov has been around forever then the member exposed was not that upper of a gov member. Now if the member was a long sitting very senior and upper gov then yea thats a hell of a bust and it will be hard if not impossible for VOX to get a spy back into a spot like that, and you can ignore the next paragraph.

Dont get me wrong. Its always a good job to root out a spy. I just dont see this as a huge victory since it will do nothing at all to stop VOX from spying on TPF and friends and really only will change the tactics that VOX uses.

A wiser move might have been to find the spy, then leak out false information about moves coming up. Combine that with CN rumors and a little help from some friends and you could use their spy against them without them even realizing it.

Heh, if you think the relationships between our gov officials are that poor, you have no idea what TPF is or who our government are.

Seems like you just decided to post this to point out how ignorant you really are.

Screens or it didn't happen.

Sorry I had to pull this one. ^_^

I have to agree with the person above, this really isn't a huge victory, by the looks of it it was a junior member that was caught. What really would have been juicy is if TPF had let the spy keep leeking false info and then expose it later. All that really happened here was to encourage Vox to change their tactics, and this is just a thread with a fancy banner.

Edited by Mamaev II

all it would probably take is a gov member getting mad one day (even for an hour) and becoming a dual member of vox out of spite, then at that point the paper trail is their forever even if he changes his mind and all that's needed is waving that evidence that would get him EZI in front of his face every now and then to get needed info. Nothing is secure, that is rule number one of intelligence agency's.

all it would probably take is a gov member getting mad one day (even for an hour) and becoming a dual member of vox out of spite, then at that point the paper trail is their forever even if he changes his mind and all that's needed is waving that evidence that would get him EZI in front of his face every now and then to get needed info. Nothing is secure, that is rule number one of intelligence agency's.

That is very true...but it's very difficult to get to that level....

It was deliberately leaked to the suspected spy. The other suspected spies did not leak anything back to Vox (at least not that we know of...until the next Tattler or TWiP).

There's still a few holes in that story, but I we've reached the point where I don't care.

Trust me, it's not easy to get into a position to get juicy info in TPF. It's like an onion.