The Phoenix Federation Speaks

mhawk

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know hindsight is 20/20 and I read this before I read the Tattler, but I'm surprised they fell for it. Surely TPF leadership is smart enough not to have that kind of argument in public knowing there are Vox spies around, and TPF has been goading Vox for weeks to post something from their forums, even claiming that they've set up traps for their spies.

Well played TPF. Looks like Vox will have to be more careful, but dang that was well played. Couldn't have thought of a more genius plan myself. Just gained a lot more respect for TPF's Special Operations Corp.

I hope to see an interesting war in the near future.

But like it was stated, it is now obvious that TPF does indeed care about their OPSEC and can't hide that they do indeed respect Vox enough to try and break their spies.

Edited by menwearpink135

The point is that they've basically dropped pretense and are actually actively engaging us as an enemy and a threat. They can hide behind the "joke" nonsense but if this was July they wouldn't have not conducted the operation.

Oh, you mistake me. This make it far more fun for both of us. You did sacrifice the "we don't care" nonchalance smokescreen.

Who's giving in?

Please elaborate how duping Vox into posting bogus info is taking Vox seriously?

You two might want to compare notes before posting on the OWF from now on.

err ... what?

Anyhow, it's nice to see espionage warfare back and forth. Fun stuff.

I can't believe I am seeing pwned used here though. I feel like I am in a [OOC]counter strike[/OOC] forum all of a sudden, lol

Can you imagine the moment when they learned it was a set up and they were found out. I mean from the reactions there were tons of people gloating and enjoying the imagined split.....only to have the dreams crushed, dashed and destroyed.

Actually, not really. There are even quotes of me on IRC after I read it saying how I didn't think parts of it made sense. You guys caught one spy today, congrats. We still have more in other alliances, and I'm pretty sure there might be another in TPF, although not positive since I don't work with the spies.

I also share Doitzel's sediments. After weeks and weeks of The Big Bad and Slayer going into every single little TWiP and going on about how irrelevant we are, they finally prove that maybe we aren't so irrelevant after all. I'll remember to quote this next week when they do it again.

Also, I must wonder how many failed attempts there were to catch us before this, by TPF and other alliances?

At the end of the day, Vox still has a pretty good record with spies, we still have spies, we found out that you don't think your so irrelevant after all, and we even had a good laugh at your joke. I think we came up on top. Good show TPF, good show.

Vox mean nothing apparently.... oh wait?

Or they are a credible threat to AA secuity so you dupe them. Can't have it both ways. The very fact that you work hard to trick them and start releasing counter anouncements goes against the PR initiative you so valiantly bleat on with in the other threads.

You can't have your cake and eat it without getting fat and us calling you a porker.

Seeing as we gave Tattler a fun story to run, TPF decided to lend a helping hand to another organization, This Week in Pacifica.

Due to whatever reason, they weren't able to release a collectable sig, therefor TPF Special Operations Command is proud to announce another one of our collectible sigs.

stumpy.jpg

Get it while its hot!

I know hindsight is 20/20 and I read this before I read the Tattler, but I'm surprised they fell for it. Surely TPF leadership is smart enough not to have that kind of argument in public knowing there are Vox spies around, and TPF has been goading Vox for weeks to post something from their forums, even claiming that they've set up traps for their spies.

It was leaked from a fake "Upper Gov" forum.

Do you really think they would hold off on posting juicy material to protect an "agent"? I have my doubts.

Again, congrats TPF.

They would if they felt that agent could be useful in the future for better and "juicier" intelligence. Their main goal as an organization should be to protect their own organization first and foremost, not the careless dissemination of any and all intelligence via a well known publication like TWiP. You can't release the information if you don't have the information in the first place, after all.

The point is that they've basically dropped pretense and are actually actively engaging us as an enemy and a threat. They can hide behind the "joke" nonsense but if this was July they wouldn't have not conducted the operation.

Oh, you mistake me. This make it far more fun for both of us. You did sacrifice the "we don't care" nonchalance smokescreen.

Who's giving in?

Your little attack on Renye earned you my attention. Most people are content to laugh at you as I was. But that little attack on Renye annoyed me enough to care about Vox. This little shake and bake op was just the start of my fun. Time to play Doitzel. We have such sights to show you.

Nicely played TPF.

And seriously people. Its no that impressive. Yes TPF caught and is killing a spy, but how long did it take them to catch one spy? Yes its a hell of a job and impressive, but not as impressive as some seem to think it is. VOX will be back with more, and likely will be able to get hold of more stuff. All this really did was make VOX change how they handle information and how they work their spy rings.

VOX Spying in a nutshell:

Spy

Get caught

Spy gets killed

Rinse

Repeat

Bothering to set up a counter-intel operation is taking them seriously. Don't play dumb Brandon.

TBH, I'm getting bored. Something new and interesting (I would have fun trying to dupe Vox) would be a welcome change. Just because I feel that trying to screw with Vox's intel is worth my time doesn't mean I take them seriously. Perhaps I have an abundance of time or like to procrastinate. It's certainly not definitive proof that TPF takes them seriously.