TWiP and Tattler Present: Reyne Mordigan's Greatest Hits

Sorry that the truth hurts so much you felt the need to put me on ignore.

Typical of Sponge...unable to take responsibility and man up to a critic. Coward.

I can hardly breathe with all this irony in the air.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Made perfect logical sense...which was obviously over your head.

No Slayer it really didn't. you came into the thread condemning Vox for making personal attacks and character assassinations. Now that in and of itself is fine but when in the same breath you say that the personal attacks and character assassinations committed against members of Vox Populi, specifically Electron Sponge are justified your entire argument becomes highly ironic and slightly hypocritical. You justify your own attacks by saying that he "deserves them" which is nothing more than a matter of opinion and is as a matter of fact the same reasoning Vox Populi uses to justify their attacks against people such as Reyne. You are committing the very same offense you are condemning no one here is defending Sponge or saying he doesn't deserve what he gets what they are saying is that if you are going to condemn people for certain actions you should not partake in the same actions.

No Slayer it really didn't. you came into the thread condemning Vox for making personal attacks and character assassinations. Now that in and of itself is fine but when in the same breath you say that the personal attacks and character assassinations committed against members of Vox Populi, specifically Electron Sponge are justified your entire argument becomes highly ironic and slightly hypocritical. You justify your own attacks by saying that he "deserves them" which is nothing more than a matter of opinion and is as a matter of fact the same reasoning Vox Populi uses to justify their attacks against people such as Reyne. You are committing the very same offense you are condemning no one here is defending Sponge or saying he doesn't deserve what he gets what they are saying is that if you are going to condemn people for certain actions you should not partake in the same actions.

That sounds like something a sponge lover would say :rolleyes:

When your ally wants somebody to defy the overwhelming desire of their membership in order to better cater to their designs, I think you really need to consider if you want that ally or not. I'd rather have TPF as an ally than this one, and that's saying something.

I like to think that that is something best left for leaders to figure out on their own.

Such is natural selection: there are those that dominate and those who are dominated. Let them discover on their own that fire burns or else watch the flame spread across their bodies.

(Chickenzilla @ Mar 25 2009, 11:22 PM) *

I still want to know how you guys can honestly say that you havn't seriously talked about expelling Old Guard from Citadel.

Because we haven't had any reason to seriously talk about expelling Old Guard from Citadel.

Actually, the only one who was seriously talking about expelling Old Guard from Citadel was Reyne; and after it was pointed out that we were in the 50% of Planet Bob she did like, she reluctantly gave it up. ;)

When your ally wants somebody to defy the overwhelming desire of their membership in order to better cater to their designs, I think you really need to consider if you want that ally or not. I'd rather have TPF as an ally than this one, and that's saying something.

Thanks, I think.

After reading all episodes of TWiP, the one constant is how it manages to draw out the real character of alliances.

Therefore it does help in distinguishing between the two main groups within Planet Bob: those who respond to the NPO question/command of 'JUMP' with the answer of 'HOW HIGH!' and those who answer 'WHY?'.

If even you are arguing TPF is that good, then I guess that makes OG correct in signing a treaty with them? Or does Vox liking TPF mean I shouldn't like that? :P

After reading all episodes of TWiP, the one constant is how it manages to draw out the real character of alliances.

Therefore it does help in distinguishing between the two main groups within Planet Bob: those who respond to the NPO question/command of 'JUMP' with the answer of 'HOW HIGH!' and those who answer 'WHY?'.

To a certain extent I think that is the intention

this edition has nothing to do with NPO, so you comment is off-basis. when TWiP actually had something to do with Pacifica, then i could see where you are coming from. This one is personally about Reyne, and in general Citadel. There is nothing about Pacifica in this edition....

Is there a thread on the Pacifica forums telling all of you to come post this kind of thing? It's only the 5th page and I've already seen a bunch of you saying pretty much exactly this.

Actually :v: in fact, there pretty much was. But since it happened this week, you'll have to wait til Monday to see it.

Because we haven't had any reason to seriously talk about expelling Old Guard from Citadel.

I propose that Old Guard be expelled from Citadel on the grounds that it exposed its allies to defensive action from Vox Populi in a manner steeped in bravado and lulz without regard to the threat that She put all allies at danger of facing. OG's war was entered into recklessly in defense of a nation flying GGA during Vox's offensive war against GGA, which was misrepresented as a member of OG to her allies and the world. Due to Reyne's war against Vox Populi, spies have been planted in Citadel alliances; due to OG's refusal to discuss peace, defensive Vox actions must continue.

I open the floor to voting.

Bob Janova insulted my alliance in private and public for months while allied. Jerdge is allied currently and he personally attacked me in this thread before editing it out like a scared little baby. Apparently its only cool when they do it? :rolleyes:

I'm happy to be allied with Valhalla: having been a Diplomat to you I had the occasion to know several people that have always been nice with me, among which I can cite Jesper, Ajax and SkyGreenChick. Among the most recent excellent Valhallan acquaintances I'd mention ironchef and Kryievla (I'm sure that I am forgetting many, sorry guys and gals).

I am instead very unhappy to see an ally that drives attacks against who he can't ignore are among our best allies, especially when the attack wasn't provoked in any way. Bob, your comment was honestly completely gratuitous and unwarranted, it came when you and Valhalla weren't even related with the discussion, and in fact it was completely alien to the topic at hand.

Maybe you think that an Hitchhiker can just shrug and look the other way when an ally is gratuitously offended, but that's not the way we operate: I am happy that I have an occasion to make this very clear. That's why you, a Continuum ally, can be sure that at all times we have your back, by the way.

On the other hand I am sorry that you got offended for what was intended to be only a biting joke about your words, but I also think that's your fault rather than mine: you ought to understand that actions and words have consequences, and public attacks against allies of allies are always likely to cause a reaction from your allies. I am sure that other people wouldn't have limited themselves to make some public light joke at your expenses, and I honestly don't understand what's wrong with you. Are you looking for trouble?

I hope that this silly conflict stops here and that we can instead learn to get along better, starting with the next time.

[ooc]

(As for the reason I had previously removed my words, it's explained and documented there (link): I had used an OOC reference and I later realized that it couldn't be used in an IC forum. How coward of me.)

[/ooc]

I see those scumbags at citadel are as good at collecting 'drama' as they are at collecting stats :v:

if you are good at collecting one of them, its not that hard to collect the other one, too.

Interesting OP, but definitely outdated. I await curiously to see what Sponge and the tattler have to offer.

She's referring to some of our members former identities, and well, some of their current identities, who used to belong to LUE a few years ago. Also, for some in CN, this is a very serious grudge.
LUE filth. Scum all of them.

Especially that Denial guy. I just hated him.

That sounds like something a sponge lover would say :rolleyes:

I always was suspicious of that Squareroot guy :o

Bob Janova insulted my alliance in private and public for months while allied. Jerdge is allied currently and he personally attacked me in this thread before editing it out like a scared little baby. Apparently its only cool when they do it? :rolleyes:

I know Bob very well and if he criticized you you probably deserved it and if jerdge criticized you you probably deserved that too, for a big bad alliance who always taunts people about how the "Bawwww" about everything you sure are quick to cry when someone points out your faults, and then you have the gall to call someone else a baby. This thread is so rich it MUST be fattening.

In response to :

In summary, lolwut?

The following people may be onto something here:

.... Kudos Citadel, you guys truly do have a level of camaraderie that is only reinforced by heavy debate. In fact, this leak seems only to have strengthened your support for one another as you watch your comrades leap to defend the bloc as a whole. One wonders if that was not the original poster's intent all along.

Oh, and for people who can't comprehend the purpose of the article, did you ever think it might have been to drive Citadel closer together, and Old Guard to prefer Citadel to The Continuum when the time really matters?

I would not be entirely shocked if this is Vox's attempt at perfecting their use of espionage as a means of attempting to pursue concrete political goals, and not simply grabbing the attention of the masses from the sidelines. Whether they can succeed in these aims will only be proven with time, I would assume. These 'TWiP issues' have their direct purposes, obviously. Attempting to discredit Vox's enemies, attempting to showcase the hypocrisy of leaders of the hegemony they despise, and general entertainment are obvious impetuses for the publication of these tabloids. While I am not convinced these publications can translate into meaningful tools for Vox to achieve their political goals, Vox's rants railing against the status quo have continued to serve as a catalyst for political discussion and debate on private and public places in the highest and lowest forums of this world for the last several months.

If Vox's ultimate goal with this was to try and further unite Citadel, I wonder why Vox would think Citadel needs to be united. They seem like a very cohesive and amiable bloc. This is all so..unnecessary. Ehh, I really am over thinking this.

/me goes to find some tin-foil.

Edited by Dan123123

And just for those people wondering, most of the people who left MK to join Umbrella did so because we weren't moving closer to Citadel. So to call them spies would be horribly inaccurate.

Check your facts and consider hanging dirty laundry elsewhere.

I know Bob very well and if he criticized you you probably deserved it and if jerdge criticized you you probably deserved that too, for a big bad alliance who always taunts people about how the "Bawwww" about everything you sure are quick to cry when someone points out your faults, and then you have the gall to call someone else a baby. This thread is so rich it MUST be fattening.
Yeah Bob was being such a cry-baby there :rolleyes:

If Vox really pulled this stunt in order to unify Citadel then it's brilliant. No joke, that is seriously brilliant. Even if I do hate you for spying on us )):

Bob Sanders, I could try to make a serious point against your claim, but it's just not worth it. So, NO U. However, if you actually believe that I insulted you (instead of criticising your actions, which is an entirely different thing – my alliance mates, enemies and allies alike will tell you that I criticise them sometimes) then feel free to talk to me in private or through diplomatic channels as I suspect there has been a misunderstanding.

There's critical as in, "I don't do it your way, but we'll agree to disagree," which is what allies do, and then there's "you are doing it wrong!" which is not. Since clearly Bob Sanders very clearly took Bob Janova's remarks as the latter, then how can you defend them not knowing specifically what Bob Janova's were?

Also, Jerdge's remarks were so clearly over the line, even Jerdge realized it soon afterwards and removed them. Again, how do you justify defending Jerdge's remarks when you have no idea what was actually said?

You want to call out Bob Sanders for complaining about negative remarks because he makes more than his share, fine. But how about you find out what he's complaining out specifically before you jump to the knee-jerk defense?