Communiqué from the Office of Nuclear Polariferation

Interesting. I don't think any other alliance has ever expressed an intention to go nuclear in defence of another alliance before.

Ya, I had a confused feeling about this one too. I mean technically since they authorize full nuclear use during a defensive war, that bit of the policy would apply to anyone they hold a defensive treaty with, which gets activated.

However, this also shows you just how close STA and NpO are, that they mention them by name in an internal policy.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. I don't think any other alliance has ever expressed an intention to go nuclear in defence of another alliance before. Your first-strike-in-defence policy was expected after seeing the damage done to attackers in the last war compared with other wars in 2008, and is to be welcomed as long as you don't aim them at us this time <_<.

As the first one to fire a nuke on Grämlins during that war, I take absolutely NO responsebility for the damage done... :ph34r:

As the first one to fire a nuke on Grämlins during that war, I take absolutely NO responsebility for the damage done... :ph34r:

First off, lol.

Second off, this is a really interesting policy. I would hope it makes other alliances think twice before attacking Polaris. I do applaud this idea.

Interesting. I don't think any other alliance has ever expressed an intention to go nuclear in defence of another alliance before. Your first-strike-in-defence policy was expected after seeing the damage done to attackers in the last war compared with other wars in 2008, and is to be welcomed as long as you don't aim them at us this time <_<.

Can´t say it better so i´m quoting.

Well done Polaris, an achievement your members can be very proud of. 2k nukes and a clear nuclear policy. Steelrat salutes.

Edited by Steelrat

;)

Click the smiley

Actually, that's just an example of how we operated. What my comrades in the Kingdom were trying to communicate is that we had no set-in-stone nuclear policy. There were no words in our charter, and there was no permanent decree in place. We'd make a judgment for each engagement as to whether we found it necessary to go nuclear or not - the Shark Wars stand as testament to examples where the Kingdom's conventional military strength was more than sufficient.

Indeed, even the NPO's enforced term really just adds a simple extra wrinkle. The fact is, someone always slips up, and when that time comes we'll be watching very closely.

Edit: Grammar

Edited by TheNeverender

Indeed, even the NPO's enforced term really just adds a simple extra wrinkle. The fact is, someone always slips up, and when that time comes we'll be watching very closely.

I'd be quiet about your nuclear legislation, if I were in you guys of the Kingdom.

This is all.

(Excuse me if I post this in public: it's in the hope of helping your alliance mates also.)

I'd be quiet about your nuclear legislation, if I were in you guys of the Kingdom.

This is all.

(Excuse me if I post this in public: it's in the hope of helping your alliance mates also.)

Why? Is there some big secret about who MK does and does not get along with?

Unless an attacking alliance can somehow be 100% sure that none of their members will launch a nuke or spy a nuke from an alliance they attack, they better be ready to accept the probable consequences.

Don't want to take the risk that you'll be nuked? Step away from the DoW button.