Communiqué from the Office of Nuclear Polariferation

This was my policy following our abrogation of the so-called 'Think of the Children' pact. We only enacted it in our engagement against FAN during my tenure, and then only because we knew we'd be getting nuked anyway. I never was a big fan of the big red button. It was a misguided prejudice from a bygone age.

Cheers for clearing that up

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did we? >_>

It's pretty moot really. That war was going to be nuclear, regardless of who did what. If Polar really did strike first, which I can't remember either way, it was the right thing to do. I think this new formal policy clears that up.

Edited by RandomInterrupt

I'm fairly sure you first-struck us <_<

To be honest, this is one of the very reasons why we're clarifying the policy. When a Coalition of eight alliances issues a statement saying that they will launch nuclear attacks on everyone of every alliance if a nuke is launched by any single member of any alliance in our loose "coalition", some of whom assumed they were fighting their last war before disbandment (which was true for them by the way), you sort of figure that things are going to get nuclear regardless of what you do. Does it matter at that point who hit the button a split second earlier than the other? If anyone wants to sit here and argue with us that we weren't about to be hit with nuclear weapons that night regardless of what we did, go right ahead. Rather than letting this debate degrade into a circuitous "you started; no you started it" loop, I will simply state that if we're ever in a similar situation again there will be no question about who started it. It will be us.

Edited by Penguin

To be honest, this is one of the very reasons why we're clarifying the policy. When a Coalition of eight alliances issues a statement saying that they will launch nuclear attacks on everyone of every alliance if a nuke is launched by any single member of any alliance in our loose "coalition", some of whom assumed they were fighting their last war before disbandment (which was true for them by the way), you sort of figure that things are going to get nuclear regardless of what you do. Does it matter at that point who hit the button a split second earlier than the other? If anyone wants to sit here and argue with us that we weren't about to be hit with nuclear weapons that night regardless of what we did, go right ahead. Rather than letting this debate degrade into a circuitous "you started; no you started it" loop, I will simply state that the next time we're in a similar situation there will be no question about who started it. It will be us.

Especially when you had MK aggressively and enthusiastically first strike nuking.

I'm sorry if this has been addressed previously but I feel I must give my two cents on the issue. I was just reading an article on the New England Journal of Medicine which highlights the startiling correlation between prolongued pressing of red buttons to calloused fingers. With this comes the inevitable workers compensation claims, disability, and an overall loss in productivity. How does the New Polar Order plan to address these legitimate medical issues?

Medical concerns aside, congratulations

and to repeat what's been already said, your play on words is both clever and refreshing.

I'm sorry if this has been addressed previously but I feel I must give my two cents on the issue. I was just reading an article on the New England Journal of Medicine which highlights the startiling correlation between prolongued pressing of red buttons to calloused fingers. With this comes the inevitable workers compensation claims, disability, and an overall loss in productivity. How does the New Polar Order plan to address these legitimate medical issues?
Two words, my friend... trained monkeys.

To be honest, this is one of the very reasons why we're clarifying the policy. When a Coalition of eight alliances issues a statement saying that they will launch nuclear attacks on everyone of every alliance if a nuke is launched by any single member of any alliance in our loose "coalition", some of whom assumed they were fighting their last war before disbandment (which was true for them by the way), you sort of figure that things are going to get nuclear regardless of what you do. Does it matter at that point who hit the button a split second earlier than the other? If anyone wants to sit here and argue with us that we weren't about to be hit with nuclear weapons that night regardless of what we did, go right ahead. Rather than letting this debate degrade into a circuitous "you started; no you started it" loop, I will simply state that if we're ever in a similar situation again there will be no question about who started it. It will be us.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you made a poor decision, but I think that you did legally first strike us which was apparently against your policy at the time. We expected it though ;) ... although we did try to keep that front conventional I think. Anyway, your new policy is sensible and I thought it was pretty much what you had anyway ^_^

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you made a poor decision, but I think that you did legally first strike us which was apparently against your policy at the time. We expected it though ;) ... although we did try to keep that front conventional I think. Anyway, your new policy is sensible and I thought it was pretty much what you had anyway ^_^

I went and looked our old policy up. It stated that any nuclear armed Polar nation who was hit by a nuke was to respond with his full arsenal against all of his opponents, no matter their nuclear stockpile, nation strength or AA. So, pretty much a forcibly measured response that allowed for the continued escalation of nuclear warfare across the alliances we were fighting. ;)

Medical concerns aside, congratulations

and to repeat what's been already said, your play on words is both clever and refreshing.

I don't know about anyone else, but I press the big red button with my beak. I would advise others to do the same if they wish to avoid callouses on their weaker extremities.

Well, if that's truly the case, then I hope you'll agree to waive any sort of legal action against us after all we've been through since. It'll never happen again.