Regarding the Brown Team

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have mixed feelings about this. Trying to bring together alliance under the veil of unity when Amber Accords already stands and works from what i se and hear. This just seems and looks like a bloc to directly oppose AA. As was the Yellow Sphereority accords in yellow It was made to specifically block certain alliances from gaining a hold onto the sphere itself. You can brandy words about and say this and that but when it comes down to it, this looks like a bloc to directly oppose AA and gain a better foothold on brown. If it looks brown and smells bad it must be SITH right? Whoops must be !@#$ right?

I don't understand how people can consider this bloc competing with the Amber Accords when Carpe Diem, the only other signatory, is a member. Not only that, but most, if not all signatories of the Amber Accords were invited to this. (I'm not exactly sure on the exact details, not my department) How can this bloc be anti Amber Accords, if the only other signatory, besides NSO is a member of the Amber Accords, and has reaffirmed their commitment to it, then how is Terra Cotta even a competitor.

Edited by youwish959

I can't believe what I'm seeing. When, not if, NSO becomes the supremely dominant Brown sphere power, I will laugh heartily at all these other brown alliances opposing Terra-Cotta. I'm going to assume a lot of people in brown leadership positions haven't been here for 3 years and thus do not know the nature of the beast they're dealing with.

I am one for Brown unity and solidarity. I would like nothing more than to see the day that it happens and possibly be a part of it. But do not mistake that wish for a willingness to compromise one's own ideals or signing of a bloc. Brown has a long ways to go towards being able to claim stability and togetherness. I think things like this have a tendency to segregate instead of bring together. I am guessing that time will show if Brown is destined for a repeat of history or if this time Brown can finally move forward towards something more.

You cannot have unity among a team without the willingness to support, defend, and fight for one another. See this pact not as the only way in which this can happen, but as a venue to create such camaraderie. It is not here to compete with, but complement already existing groups on the brown team.

I don't understand how people can consider this bloc competing with the Amber Accords when Carpe Diem, the only other signatory, is a member. Not only that, but most, if not all signatories of the Amber Accords were invited to this. (I'm not exactly sure on the exact details, not my department) How can this bloc be anti Amber Accords, if the only other signatory, besides NSO is a member of the Amber Accords, and has reaffirmed their commitment to it, then how is Terra Cotta even a competitor.

Edited my origninal statement so you can see wher im coming from.

Well, I for one am outraged, OUTRAGED at the revelations in this announcement...to think that Carpe Diem would do such an unthinkable thing. How dare you send us the "Most Uninformed Member of Carpe Diem Government" to be our foreign diplo? TOOL awaits your apology :P

Edited by William Blake

I'm of a mind that an invitation to an MDP bloc doesn't equal competition with an ODP/Econ bloc. Amber Accords was set up as it was done specifically not to cause people to have an MDP mandate with those they didn't chose to, and as I see it now, Terra Cotta isn't being enforced, it's being offered. My friends in Carpe Diem wouldn't allow their political influence to be misused in such a way; not that I'm suggesting NSO would pressure for it, but as I don't know them well, I can only applaud their choice in sphere and their choice in friends.

Oooooh.....wow. I think that was a mistake on your part.

It was a true statement no?

Ivan threatened me. He is too small to touch me. Therefore others would have to. Who would go to war with me because I disagree with him?

It was a true statement. I am not looking for conflict. Ivan threatened me. I am not going to back down though, I won't be shutup simply because I disagree with Ivan Moldavi

I can't believe what I'm seeing. When, not if, NSO becomes the supremely dominant Brown sphere power, I will laugh heartily at all these other brown alliances opposing Terra-Cotta. I'm going to assume a lot of people in brown leadership positions haven't been here for 3 years and thus do not know the nature of the beast they're dealing with.

Don't you mean you'll laugh heartily at those supporting it? We are lambs to the slaughter, you know. The others at least get to say they were right.

Alright! A Brown Unity Bloc... with two signatures.

Congrats on the treaty, guys. But really, you couldn't scrape another brown alliance off the bottom of someone's shoes for a third signatory?

One step at a time.

"Our friends at GATO" - Ivan Moldavi

Hands up anyone who ever thought you'd see that?

*Raises hand*

(Thought this AFTER GWI)

It is apparent quite a few people have no idea about Brown's history. To be honest, brown has been so terrible, even I don't recollect everything pertaining to the sphere except around GWI-GWII era. Yes, I am going to be the bold one here and not talk out of my $@! and pretend I know everything there is needed to know, so here I go:

Anyone wish to give a good synopsis or history of the events until now? Been playing the game for three years, the difference between a good analytical debator and a bad one is this:

Actually knowing the subject at hand vs. speaking out of your $@! merely to speak out of your $@!.

Ivan threatened me. He is too small to touch me. Therefore others would have to. Who would go to war with me because I disagree with him?

It was a true statement. I am not looking for conflict. Ivan threatened me. I am not going to back down though, I won't be shutup simply because I disagree with Ivan Moldavi

Oh I'm not disputing the fact that the Dark Lords nation is too small to attack you. What I'm saying is that it was a mistake in calling every other member of the New Sith Order "sycophants."

Edited by Corinan

Oh I'm not disputing the fact that the Dark Lords nation is too small to attack you. What I'm saying is that it was a mistake in calling every other member of the New Sith Order "sychophants."

I never did such a thing.

I said he would need his sychophants to attack me. No NSO nations have attacked me, I havent called NSO nations sychophants.

I have mixed feelings about this. Trying to bring together alliance under the veil of unity when Amber Accords already stands and works from what i se and hear. This just seems and looks like a bloc to directly oppose AA. As was the Yellow Sphereority accords in yellow It was made to specifically block certain alliances from gaining a hold onto the sphere itself. You can brandy words about and say this and that but when it comes down to it, this looks like a bloc to directly oppose AA and gain a better foothold on brown. If it looks brown and smells bad it must be SITH right? Whoops must be !@#$ right? :P

Once again, how can it be made to compete with Amber Accords, when the only other signatory, our good friends in Carpe Dieme, are a member of the Amber Accords, and have reaffirmed their commitment to it. It wouldn't be a sphere defense pact really, if there was not some sort of either economic clause, senator, or brown policy clause in the pact. We did not want the last two, because we do not want to be controlling of any sort. And, if we do not want to be controlling, then why should we compete? We just want to be another option.

I just see the trade agreement par tof Terra-Cotta as in opposition to AA, i also view that MDP aspect of it as a unity structure to unify brown. All good moves but ill reitterate thats what we did with Yellow Sphereority. We started it of as an ODP and an econ aspect. Then we wanted to upgrade it. We only started off as an ODP so we could get more people to sign i, we knew certain yellow alliances would oppose it and not sign. So we gained more allies in the YS pact and we could eventually sign it into an MDP. Jumping riht to an MDP and offering others to join just seems odd, and motives unclear.

We don't care what you did with yellow sphereority, because that obviously did not work. There were how many grabs for power on yellow? We do not wish to grab the power on brown. We only wish to offer a third option. We are not competing, and in any logical theory, cannot be competing, as long as the only other signatory(ies) are members of Amber Accords, and have reaffirmed their commitment to the Accords, as Carpe Dieme has.

I just see a two man bloc as suspcius speccialy in the event of trying to unifying a color thats had trouble with that sort of thing in the past. It looks like your trying to hard. As again with YS the same thing was offered, if your genuine r not i can not see. Im just seeing it out of my perspective n my many times i tried to unify a sphere with Pyramid, on yellow. Mostly the movites arent always as they seem.

Is there such a thing as trying to hard? I do not see why it is so suspicious. I fail how to see we cannot come off as genuine, when once again the only other signatory is a member of the Accords.

You will be told to, by your alliance leader.

Then we will see where your loyalties lie.

Anyone wish to give a good synopsis or history of the events until now? Been playing the game for three years, the difference between a good analytical debator and a bad one is this:

Actually knowing the subject at hand vs. speaking out of your $@! merely to speak out of your $@!.

Ah...if you'd actually like it, PM me, but it'd be a hell of a job to write it out, and I won't make the thread about it.

I never did such a thing.

I said he would need his sychophants to attack me. No NSO nations have attacked me, I havent called NSO nations sychophants.

NSO nations would be the ones to attack you, should that scenario ever occur. Luckily it wont, however you essentially did call NSO nations Sycophants.

NSO nations would be the ones to attack you, should that scenario ever occur. Luckily it wont, however you essentially did call NSO nations Sycophants.

If it did then the sychophant comment would fit rather well. I said Ivan would need sychophants to attack me. I did not say he has sychophants. I have not been attacked, so perhaps it is up in the air. If I am attacked then he obviously has sychophants. I understand why you may take it as calling all of NSO sychophants, but I did not.

Edited by the_great_one

Well I would tell Ivan to go ahead, but he couldn't. He'd need his sycophants.

Why are you trolling this thread? You're being pretty disgraceful - can't you speak your mind without being a huge jerk?

You say you want the best for brown and then complain louder than anyone else when a strong brown alliance tries to make brown stronger?

If it did then the sychophant comment would fit rather well. I said Ivan would need sychophants to attack me. I did not say he has sychophants. I have not been attacked, so perhaps it is up in the air. If I am attacked then he obviously has sychophants. I understand why you may take it as calling all of NSO sychophants, but I did not.

Deeper and deeper you go.

This looks like splitting hairs to me, with a nice dosage of back-tracking.

On another note, congrats to NSO and Carpe Diem!

Looking at your AA I can tell you one thing:

Tyga will have your head when he sees how you've been acting.

You're being rude and abrasive to an alliance that is/was (has it expired?) your protectorate. If you disagree with them, go ahead, but be polite about it and preferably tell it to their faces instead of slathering it all over the OWF. It only makes you look like a huge tool (no offense intended to The Order Of Light).

Looking at your AA I can tell you one thing:

Tyga will have your head when he sees how you've been acting.

You're being rude and abrasive to an alliance that is/was (has it expired?) your protectorate. If you disagree with them, go ahead, but be polite about it and preferably tell it to their faces instead of slathering it all over the OWF. It only makes you look like a huge tool (no offense intended to The Order Of Light).

We have renewed the pact into a Temporary Defense Agreement.