Regarding the Brown Team

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a verbal warning to the entire thread that discussion of moderation issues, including accusations of forum rule breaking, belong in the Report Forum Abuse area, and not in this thread. Further such talk in this thread will be met with the Light of Judgment.

Bah, Edward can take your light of judgment any day of the week.

My IC name is extraduty and its just a name, and you eluded to my RL thus its a OOC attack.

Edit: Added quote for clarity

Not the brightest lot these pink ones :awesome:

Great treaty, I look forward to seeing this work alongside the Amber Accords. A shame GATO cannot be involved due to their current situation, but one day soon perhaps they will have the chance.

Here's to continued stability on Brown o/

Interesting Idea,

And good to see NSO settling in on Brown and expressing a willingness to work with the existing Brown Nations,

However after the shambles that were UPS2.0 and BUTT I'm not surprised that this only has 2 signatories at the moment,

Still NSO looks like a fresh start for Brown and that can only be a good thing

Congratulations to our allies at Carpe Diem. :awesome:

I'm pleased to see a further step in not only brown sphere unity, but in strengthening that team and growing it to new heights. While Brown has had its past, its future is bright while leaders such as these are willing to commit to it.

It's always been my wish to see our(1 Touch Football's) one time home grow strong and proud, to foster new alliances and new superpowers, and to be a stable, peace minded, growth oriented sphere that would hold together in times of peril. Many attempts to create this have tried and failed; but today is a new day and yall are ready now. B)

A short man looks up at the well-lit up podium from under a wide-brimmed hat, casting an appraising eye over the crowd of well-wishers and detractors, before directing his attention at the Sovereign Lord of the New Sith Order

Can I enquire as to why you've chosen to develop a military bloc on Brown (containing, I can't help but note, only two signatories), when the opportunity was more than available to enhance the existing Brown bloc (Amber Accords, or even Nexus had you preferred, which is a military bloc), into what you seem to have attempted, and so far failed, to create right off the bat?

You claim that this was meant to "compliment the work already accomplished via the Amber Accords by so many in Brown.", and that one of the major reasons for this treaty was "to see the collective alliances supported in times of strategic duress.". Considering that you only have two signatories to this, would you not have considered to sign a normal MDP with Carpe Diem (and any other alliance you wish, for that matter, Brown or otherwise), and then attempt to change the Amber Accords into a more military orientated bloc? If not, why would that be the case?

It would have been something if you had even attempted to shift the AA in that sort of direction and then, if you had failed, created this pact... but, you've professed at having no real interest in joining the AA, and so, here we are.

A short man looks up at the well-lit up podium from under a wide-brimmed hat, casting an appraising eye over the crowd of well-wishers and detractors, before directing his attention at the Sovereign Lord of the New Sith Order

Can I enquire as to why you've chosen to develop a military bloc on Brown (containing, I can't help but note, only two signatories), when the opportunity was more than available to enhance the existing Brown bloc (Amber Accords, or even Nexus had you preferred, which is a military bloc), into what you seem to have attempted, and so far failed, to create right off the bat?

You claim that this was meant to "compliment the work already accomplished via the Amber Accords by so many in Brown.", and that one of the major reasons for this treaty was "to see the collective alliances supported in times of strategic duress.". Considering that you only have two signatories to this, would you not have considered to sign a normal MDP with Carpe Diem (and any other alliance you wish, for that matter, Brown or otherwise), and then attempt to change the Amber Accords into a more military orientated bloc? If not, why would that be the case?

It would have been something if you had even attempted to shift the AA in that sort of direction and then, if you had failed, created this pact... but, you've professed at having no real interest in joining the AA, and so, here we are.

You're confusing unexpected actions with incompetence. Don't pretend that the road you've set your eyes on is the only logical path.

Did you actually have a point with this little diatribe? I must have missed it.

Regardless, I have not stated that the NSO has no plans to join the Amber Accords. I have stated that we are still in the earliest of stages in developing our own economic policy and therefore have not seen reason to interject into a complex system of economic cooperation such as the Amber Accords at present (although I did speak with a few people on it at great length last night on IRC and have since reconsidered). I believed it would be an unfair burden to place upon others without clear indications of our own ability. That may have been a mistaken assessment, time will tell.

Regardless, the Amber Accords is not sufficient, in our opinion, to militarily solidify and secure the Brown trading sphere. Even with only two signatory alliances the Pact is now one of the strongest, if not the singular such, collective defense entities on Brown (excluding our friends in GATO, who have very large protectors at present). AA is an excellent economic treaty and we hope to become a part of it, just as we hope other alliances in Brown will become part of the Pact, which is just a simple means of protection.

First off, neither of these should be viewed as possibilities. OTF, LEN, and CoIN have made it clear in the past that Nexus is not a bloc for everybody. It's a rather closed circle. As for the Amber Accords, perhaps you truly do forget the spirit in which it was signed. Friendship, and cooperation. It's much more closed than the Terra-Cotta.

Considering that you only have two signatories to this, would you not have considered to sign a normal MDP with Carpe Diem (and any other alliance you wish, for that matter, Brown or otherwise), and then attempt to change the Amber Accords into a more military orientated bloc? If not, why would that be the case?

The idea behind a pact such as this is that there will be more. As for the Amber Accords, all signatories had previously agreed that an MDP bloc was too much, and we would stay with ODP.

First off, neither of these should be viewed as possibilities. OTF, LEN, and CoIN have made it clear in the past that Nexus is not a bloc for everybody. It's a rather closed circle.

Not to mention that unless there has been a recent policy change The Nexus isn't a brown specific bloc. Just happens to only have brown team alliances in it at the moment.

Did you actually have a point with this little diatribe? I must have missed it.

Regardless, I have not stated that the NSO has no plans to join the Amber Accords. I have stated that we are still in the earliest of stages in developing our own economic policy and therefore have not seen reason to interject into a complex system of economic cooperation such as the Amber Accords at present (although I did speak with a few people on it at great length last night on IRC and have since reconsidered). I believed it would be an unfair burden to place upon others without clear indications of our own ability. That may have been a mistaken assessment, time will tell.

Regardless, the Amber Accords is not sufficient, in our opinion, to militarily solidify and secure the Brown trading sphere. Even with only two signatory alliances the Pact is now one of the strongest, if not the singular such, collective defense entities on Brown (excluding our friends in GATO, who have very large protectors at present). AA is an excellent economic treaty and we hope to become a part of it, just as we hope other alliances in Brown will become part of the Pact, which is just a simple means of protection.

I must admit that I find it rather amusing that you are talking about militarily solidifying and securing Brown. Brown has never been a sphere where unity has been its strong point. Yet here you are claiming to be the champion of such, or at the very least the harbinger. There is a reason why AA started as an ODP. People want to make sure that there isn't a relapse of UPS 2.0. Brown has always been turbulent and if you want to make strides towards achieving a goal that bonds an entire sphere you have to take baby steps to get there. Maybe in time AA could be upgraded into a more defensive bloc. I find it even funnier that you feel that the Pact is the strongest collective defense entities on Brown. With the exception of AA, there is no other Brown bloc. As has been stated many times before, NEXUS is not a Brown exclusive bloc, it just sort of happens that only Brown alliances have signed it. So why even make such a claim? Seems a bit like posturing in my eyes.

I have to say that I find it odd that instead of getting to know your other neighbors on the block you instead decide to create this bloc 'in hopes of military solidification and security'. I would think that anyone on Brown looking at this wonders what the agenda behind it really is. Most alliances like to get to know who they would be defending before deciding to take that step and put their asses on the line. Yet here we are, NSO a few weeks old, and already a bloc is forming under the guidance of said alliance. It might only hold two signatures, but it will be a portend of things to come I am sure.

I am one for Brown unity and solidarity. I would like nothing more than to see the day that it happens and possibly be a part of it. But do not mistake that wish for a willingness to compromise one's own ideals or signing of a bloc. Brown has a long ways to go towards being able to claim stability and togetherness. I think things like this have a tendency to segregate instead of bring together. I am guessing that time will show if Brown is destined for a repeat of history or if this time Brown can finally move forward towards something more.

I will congratulate CD and NSO on this signing and will be watching with much interest how things progress from this point forward.

I must admit that I find it rather amusing that you are talking about militarily solidifying and securing Brown. Brown has never been a sphere where unity has been its strong point. Yet here you are claiming to be the champion of such, or at the very least the harbinger. There is a reason why AA started as an ODP. People want to make sure that there isn't a relapse of UPS 2.0. Brown has always been turbulent and if you want to make strides towards achieving a goal that bonds an entire sphere you have to take baby steps to get there. Maybe in time AA could be upgraded into a more defensive bloc. I find it even funnier that you feel that the Pact is the strongest collective defense entities on Brown. With the exception of AA, there is no other Brown bloc. As has been stated many times before, NEXUS is not a Brown exclusive bloc, it just sort of happens that only Brown alliances have signed it. So why even make such a claim? Seems a bit like posturing in my eyes.

I have to say that I find it odd that instead of getting to know your other neighbors on the block you instead decide to create this bloc 'in hopes of military solidification and security'. I would think that anyone on Brown looking at this wonders what the agenda behind it really is. Most alliances like to get to know who they would be defending before deciding to take that step and put their asses on the line. Yet here we are, NSO a few weeks old, and already a bloc is forming under the guidance of said alliance. It might only hold two signatures, but it will be a portend of things to come I am sure.

I am one for Brown unity and solidarity. I would like nothing more than to see the day that it happens and possibly be a part of it. But do not mistake that wish for a willingness to compromise one's own ideals or signing of a bloc. Brown has a long ways to go towards being able to claim stability and togetherness. I think things like this have a tendency to segregate instead of bring together. I am guessing that time will show if Brown is destined for a repeat of history or if this time Brown can finally move forward towards something more.

I will congratulate CD and NSO on this signing and will be watching with much interest how things progress from this point forward.

Definitely some thought out criticisms right there. I honestly don't know the history of Brown so I can't really think one way or the other on the matter but you make some good points.

It would seem that the most blatant "posturing" taking place in this thread is coming from some members of 57th. Why is that? 57th was invited and declined. I hope you change your minds in the future but just because you opted to remain outside at present does not mean that others should. Each alliance chooses their own path.

I for one do not give a damn about anyone's opinions regarding past mistakes within the Brown trading sphere. The past is the past. Everyone has made mistakes. The failures of UPS and others in abusing the privileges and trust placed in them does not automatically mean others will do the same.

It would seem that the most blatant "posturing" taking place in this thread is coming from some members of 57th. Why is that? 57th was invited and declined. I hope you change your minds in the future but just because you opted to remain outside at present does not mean that others should. Each alliance chooses their own path.

I for one do not give a damn about anyone's opinions regarding past mistakes within the Brown trading sphere. The past is the past. Everyone has made mistakes. The failures of UPS and others in abusing the privileges and trust placed in them does not automatically mean others will do the same.

There is no posturing from the 57th. There is only concern for the sphere that they reside upon. Why would we sign a treaty with a group of people we know nothing about but past histories?