Regarding the Brown Team

I'm coming late to the party here, but I'm very interested by this whole situation. I stopped reading at around page 15 though, so if the discussion has completely moved on I apologize.

Many people seem to think that NSO are being presumptuous by creating a color block since they are a relatively new alliance. This is most likely because they see it as a power grab by Moldavi, designed to set him on the road to dominance of Planet Bob. While this is undoubtedly true to some degree, I am puzzled by those who see something wrong with this agenda. The vast majority of alliances are seeking greater dominance. One might argue that the entire purpose of an alliance is to achieve power and security. Can you really fault someone for seeking a strong position? I, as do many, welcome such ambition as a power for unification and cooperation as long as it is done honorably.

The argument that NSO should have waited before forming a block does not really hold up either. Yes, alliances usually wait until they are a few months old before signing important treaties/joining blocks. The reason for this, however, is not their lack of age but instead their lack of size and influence. In NSO's case neither of these limitations apply. Many well known figures have joined the NSO, taking care of the influence argument. As for size: well, I've seen a bunch of members of TCB in here saying that NSO should have waited. Correct me if I've got something wrong here, but TCB currently has 10.67 score and is part of the PWN MDoAP block on pink, a strong military block. Can you really fault NSO, at 10.24 score, for seeking the same level of security?

For those of you who say that Moldavi is first conquering brown sphere and later the cyberverse using this block as a stepping stone, if that were his agenda would he create an equal partnership block with only one alliance? The thing about having a block with only one partner is that politics is very direct. It's hard to pressure the other alliance into doing something you want them to do unless you have several allies in the block supporting you (spoken from one or two past unfortunate experiences in Poseidon). Carpe Diem does not strike me as the type of alliance that would be content with hanging back in the shadow of the NSO. While I have no doubt that the two of them are seeking greater power, I think that it is together, not apart, that they will reach it.

I don't fault anyone for being concerned that an alliance led by Moldavi has risen so fast and begun establishing ties. And I agree that maybe they should have attempted to get more than two signatories on board before going public. But that is an issue of preference, not ideals, and I will not dispute their decision.

That being said, I'm trembling in my shoes at the thought of Moldavi at large in the cyberverse once again. Cheers all.

PS: I'll be checking this periodically... feel free to dispute points (I know yall will).

Lots happened after page 15. The issue is closed now.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic