Regarding the Brown Team

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: Your IC name is extraduty. How is me alluding to that an OOC attack?

My IC name is extraduty and its just a name, and you eluded to my RL thus its a OOC attack.

Edit: Added quote for clarity

Edited by extraduty

Wow, OOC attacks, I thought you could handle a little good nature'd ribbing. I guess I was wrong.

I am impressed you knew what extra duty was though (btw I spent 45 days on it in Iraq for being in possession of alcohol, 1 and only time. also no halways for me I spent most of it playing Counterstrike.

Are you serious? You can't be.

My IC name is extraduty and its just a name, and you eluded to my RL thus its a OOC attack.

Please please please please tell me you're joking.

You are joking right?

You can't possibly be serious.

On topic, congratulations to these alliances for laying a foundation for sphere unity.

This is a verbal warning to the entire thread that discussion of moderation issues, including accusations of forum rule breaking, belong in the Report Forum Abuse area, and not in this thread. Further such talk in this thread will be met with the Light of Judgment.

No, he took the urine out of your IC name and nothing more. If the esteemed leader of United Warren is so sensitive about such things then perhaps a new name is in order.

Actually, it is meant to compliment the work already accomplished via the Amber Accords by so many in Brown. The Pact enforces the idea that we should all be working together towards mutual prosperity while stating clearly that member alliances should continue to work within the already existing treaties.

The difference between this and AA is that AA provides for very minimal military assistance while one of the primary points of the Pact is to see the collective alliances supported in times of strategic duress.

I do not doubt that your goal is greater sphere unity, and I find the creation of a Brown Sphere MDP bloc a commendable feat and something that I hope will create greater unity on the sphere.

It is not the differences between AA and Terra Cotta that I am taking issue with, in fact it is the different natures of the two treaties that I support. Rather I question the need to include provisions for peacetime economic cooperation in a treaty that looks to support the signatories "in times of strategic duress." If that is the real goal then I question the need to include provisions for what looks like peacetime economic cooperation. AA provides for peacetime economic cooperation amongst the signatories already, but does not provide for much cooperation in times of war.

I see AA as a fairly strictly peacetime economic treaty, while I see Terra Cotta as attempting to cover both areas. if Terra Cotta is not attempting to cover both areas then perhaps I am misreading the treaty, or perhaps it is ambiguouslyworded but either way I think it is something that the signatories may need to consider clarifying.

Light of Judgment.

Whoa, that's a new forum trick I never knew about. :awesome:

Anyway, I just realize this is the first equal level treaty NSO has. NSO finally going to start launching the treaties?

Edited by MegaAros

I do not doubt that your goal is greater sphere unity, and I find the creation of a Brown Sphere MDP bloc a commendable feat and something that I hope will create greater unity on the sphere.

It is not the differences between AA and Terra Cotta that I am taking issue with, in fact it is the different natures of the two treaties that I support. Rather I question the need to include provisions for peacetime economic cooperation in a treaty that looks to support the signatories "in times of strategic duress." If that is the real goal then I question the need to include provisions for what looks like peacetime economic cooperation. AA provides for peacetime economic cooperation amongst the signatories already, but does not provide for much cooperation in times of war.

I see AA as a fairly strictly peacetime economic treaty, while I see Terra Cotta as attempting to cover both areas. if Terra Cotta is not attempting to cover both areas then perhaps I am misreading the treaty, or perhaps it is ambiguouslyworded but either way I think it is something that the signatories may need to consider clarifying.

At present the NSO is not a signatory alliance of the AA. We may not ever be. We are however working towards economic cooperation with Carpe Diem and several other alliances in Brown, including GATO.

Whoa, that's a new forum trick I never knew about. :awesome:

Anyway, I just realize this is the first equal level treaty NSO has. NSO finally going to start launching the treaties?

No. Any treaty that we sign will first be non-cascading and second worth the paper it is printed on. Anyone can sign a dozen treaties with random alliances from all over the Cyberverse, that doesn't mean they are technically worth anything or that those signing them will keep to their word. Convenient sidestepping on treaty obligations is not something I care to engage in.

We will not sign onto the major webs but we are not so arrogant to believe that we can stand completely alone forever.

Glad to see this announced! I know this is a great step forward in bringing the brown team from obscurity into prosperity. Thank you to all who have offered support.

To those who are of weak minds and capable of simply repeating tired memes, I'd like to politely ask what you instead spend your time improving your own color sphere instead of insulting our attempts to improve ours.

No. Any treaty that we sign will first be non-cascading and second worth the paper it is printed on. Anyone can sign a dozen treaties with random alliances from all over the Cyberverse, that doesn't mean they are technically worth anything or that those signing them will keep to their word. Convenient sidestepping on treaty obligations is not something I care to engage in.

We will not sign onto the major webs but we are not so arrogant to believe that we can stand completely alone forever.

Respectable. Something all alliances should take to heart.