This Week in Pacifica

Laws are laws. People who join alliances are able to review the laws before they join

Laws like that? Not usually. A law like that I do not believe is usually written in the charter. So, if a new guy joined NPO during a war, and then found out about that law and wanted to leave, they would not be able to and it most certainly would not be their fault.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's more interesting than the mindless drivel you and Vox spew.

Really, it isn't. You guys don't do a whole lot. I blame the leadership.

Also, I don't mind if you disagree with our viewpoint and oppose us but where do you get off calling what we do mindless drivel? It takes a fair bit of energy, intellect and creativity to produce tabloids like TWiP or The Tattler, and we've been pretty much universally acclaimed as being entertaining and informative reading material. I realize this was probably just a half-assed attempt to get me to respond in kind but holy hell Slayer what planet are you living on now where either Schattenmann's or my writing could be considered drivel? That's crazy talk.

On the topic of member retention rules in war time in the NPO:

Those of you crying foul at their law regarding not leaving during war time really do seem to have a pretty weak argument. Good on them for calling desertion during war time treason. It should be that way. Quite a few alliances have that rule, and rightfully so. One cannot reap the benefits of a strong alliance during peace time, and then move to greener pastures when the alliance may need you.

As for those of you making negative comments regarding their classification of the Jarheads war, I dare say that it's up to NPO to decide whether or not they are in a state of war. Only NPO can know their needs, expectations, and membership activity levels well enough to decide how to approach the situation.

Honestly, there are 150 things you can find to pick on NPO about. The two above should not be amongst them.

:ph34r:

150?? Only 150?? But Pezzie, I thought you loved us! :wub:

The defense of "It's up to them" doesn't fly here. Just because it's their decision doesn't automatically make that decision justified. This is not just anger at people who are leaving, it is fear that the NSO is going to steal members from them. Typical Pacifican paranoia.

It does make it justified, though. On issues where their decisions could effect alliances outside of their own, there is reason for judgement from the outside world. On internal policy, especially one that doesn't effect anyone else, it's 100% their call. Think of it like the GGA level 9 plane ribbon. It's something that everyone has something to say about, but at the end of the day, it's one of those things that is entirely their business.

Also, I don't know about the member stealing fear. Their jarheads war and war status happened well before Ivan Moldavi created NSO.

Laws like that? Not usually. A law like that I do not believe is usually written in the charter. So, if a new guy joined NPO during a war, and then found out about that law and wanted to leave, they would not be able to and it most certainly would not be their fault.

...During peacetime, a member may elect to leave IRAN, but is required to give 72 hours advance notice. Members are not allowed to desert during any active war without express permission from a majority of the Triumvirs. Any member that deserts IRAN without notice during peacetime or without permission during war will be ZId...

That is from IRAN's charter on their Wikipage.

...Leaving during a declared time of war is considered desertion. You may leave Ragnarok if you so choose, but you will be considered a deserter...

That is from Ragnarok's charter on their Wikipage.

...A member who leaves during war will be classified as a deserter...

That is from Soldier's charter on their Wikipage.

I could add more, but I think you get my point.

Edited by Enigmatic Frog

...During peacetime, a member may elect to leave IRAN, but is required to give 72 hours advance notice. Members are not allowed to desert during any active war without express permission from a majority of the Triumvirs. Any member that deserts IRAN without notice during peacetime or without permission during war will be ZId...

That is from IRAN's charter on their Wikipage.

Correct, it is written in my alliance's charter, I dont believe NPO = IRAN though?

edit: you edited your post :(, and yes I believe that was Nintenderek's point, it ISNT written in the NPO charter, it IS written in other alliance's charter.

Edited by Mogar

Correct, it is written in my alliance's charter, I dont believe NPO = IRAN though?

LOL, of course not. The quote was simply to demonstrate your hypocrisy in criticizing NPO for adhering to a policy that you, as a Triumvir of IRAN, support as an integral aspect of your alliance's policies and procedures.

...and yes I believe that was Nintenderek's point, it ISNT written in the NPO charter, it IS written in other alliance's charter....

True enough, NPO's charter is a model of brevity and simplicity. However, I do believe that the membership requirements are included as part of the academy process. Any nation applying for NPO membership will (or at least should) be aware of those requirements before their membership is finalized.

lol

Someday we'll have a GGA medal ceremony complete with sippy-cups and bicycle helmets for the awardees.

Honestly I think you're just jealous at your lack of awesome medals for minor achievements. :awesome:

Don't be a killjoy, level nine plane badges fill our hearts with cheer.

EDIT: bad grammar, I need my sippy cup.

Edited by Rickyman1984

It's more interesting than the mindless drivel you and Vox spew.

This post is the epitome of irony. In case you do not see it: your "commentary" on mindless drivel is a not-so-witty one-liner without a basis or any proof provided.

:ph34r:

150?? Only 150?? But Pezzie, I thought you loved us! :wub:

I'm sure that there are some nit-pickers out there who could think of thousands. Honestly, I think you guys have an unfair reputation in a lot of ways. Also, I still owe you one. :P

It's obvious that I love you. At night, when it quiets down in Pezstaria, and I lay down in my bed to go to sleep, it is always with a giant, stuffed cow. Man, it hurts when that cow kicks me.

I always thought the NPO "no leaving during war" rule was interesting. Isn't the NPO pretty much in a constant state of war with a few alliances out there? Or do only recently declared wars count?

This was answered earlier. They have an alliance status. If the conflict they are in is deemed sufficient enough, that status changes to a war one. The Jarheads conflict put them into war status.

I wasn't aware leaving NPO during wartime was traitorous. I suppose no one has left within the vast majority of the past two years then?

Really...at least read the latest post before you ask a question or bring up a point. It's invariably been asked before in a 19 page thread. Here's your answer:

This was answered earlier. They have an alliance status. If the conflict they are in is deemed sufficient enough, that status changes to a war one. The Jarheads conflict put them into war status.

Our war with FAN is not considered big enough now to warrant the level of 'Open Warfare', therefore people are free to leave provided we aren't in any different conflicts.

I wasn't aware leaving NPO during wartime was traitorous. I suppose no one has left within the vast majority of the past two years then?

Perhaps individuals should consider reading previous posts before bothering posting themselves. More than often their point has already been refuted.

If you can't be bothered reading most of the thread, you shouldn't post.

EDIT: Kernzi beat me to the point

Edited by ajaxpenny

That's funny.... I've got the giggles now. I think that the idea of using fear tactics against your own members is despicable - but - if they like that kind of abuse, then by all means, who am I to try and talk them out of it? If they don't care, then why should any of us?

Perhaps individuals should consider reading previous posts before bothering posting themselves. More than often their point has already been refuted.

If you can't be bothered reading most of the thread, you shouldn't post.

EDIT: Kernzi beat me to the point

Kind've ironic now isn't it? :P

Yes I am very well aware but trying to link government and in some way imply that NSO is a target stated by the government was not providing the exact picture. Hence also referal to the post where Moo posted about how the screenshots were taken out of context. Anyway, carry on

No, the person you attacked with your comment had stated that it was NPO culture to treat nations that leave the alliance during war as traitors. You claimed that because a few people in a screeshot said such a thing that it was not representative of the NPO's policy. I pointed out that Branimir had confirmed it was part of NPO culture and even provided you a direct link to his comment.

You attacked someone for merely reiterating what Branimir said himself earlier in this thread and now you are trying to spin out of it. The picture is that it is NPO culture to attack "deserters" and therefore the comments in the screenshots were indicative of NPO culture.